Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Power for Liiam/Mordeus

+4
Jtipton
Veleth
Dalvar
Darian
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

New Power for Liiam/Mordeus - Page 2 Empty Re: New Power for Liiam/Mordeus

Post  Dellinger Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:55 am

These were approved, correct?
If so, I'll just move the post over.
Means the same thing. Heh.
Dellinger
Dellinger
Dragon
Dragon

Back to top Go down

New Power for Liiam/Mordeus - Page 2 Empty The God of Death

Post  Darian Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:18 am

As I have been applying for a new power for Liiam with each new stage gained in DK, I will be doing so with Demi-God as well.

Therefore the requested power for Rank F is 2 things.

1: That Liiam be recognized ICly as a Demi-God or a nascent god or a young'un god or whatever.

2: "Touch the Soul Stream". Liiam can fulfill the same function as Nao, raising people from 'death'. This is shown with adv. feathers which I have a bunch of. He's not as much in control of the Soul Stream as she is so no full heal or free blessings. Someone has to know to call out to Mordeus ICly and, since it's IC, if he doesn't like them, oh well. Really more of an addendum to the "Answer to your prayers" power earlier.

Darian
Kosher Dill Troll
Kosher Dill Troll

Back to top Go down

Post  Honeko Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:26 am

Short and simple and straight to the point. I have no problems with these powers.
Honeko
Honeko
Gummy Sandworm
Gummy Sandworm

http://jaeeleutheria.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Veleth Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:30 am

Last edited by Galin on Thu Aug 05, 2010 2:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Veleth
Veleth
Gummy Sandworm
Gummy Sandworm

Back to top Go down

Post  Darian Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:45 am

Galin wrote:What happens when you run out of advanced feathers, Liiam? You going to buy more to maintain the power? Very Happy

Yes.

Shut up.

No, seriously, I figure it'll happen so rarely that I won't have to do too many surveys to keep up with demand. I mean, Liiam has to ICly *approve* of raising them. As I'm sure most people are aware, he's too much of a jerk to do it for a regular dungeon run or SM, he'd only do it for something he deemed ICly worthwhile.

Darian
Kosher Dill Troll
Kosher Dill Troll

Back to top Go down

Post  Temo Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:57 am

While it makes sense and sticks to the guidelines, I'm still a little hesitant about this one as far as the fairness clause with other players goes. I'm not sure if it should be taken this far because of that and how it may affect others wishing to do the same thing or make a character with the same abilities/nature, so...I dunno, while it is something that I could agree with, I can't really approve of it myself for the sake of trying to keep things overall consistent.

Just...trying to think of the bigger picture here. Or something like that. scratch
Temo
Temo
Burrito Bison

http://pineappleyoshi.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Dellinger Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:04 pm

... If you want me to be a stickler for the rules we posted, Liiam.

-God-modding (ie: anything that will allow you to auto-hit, auto-dodge, auto-escape, auto-know, auto-perceive, auto-notice, auto-control, auto-heal, or anything else auto. This also includes anything that will make you god-like).

1: That Liiam be recognized ICly as a Demi-God or a nascent god or a young'un god or whatever.

2: "Touch the Soul Stream". Liiam can fulfill the same function as Nao, raising people from 'death'. This is shown with adv. feathers which I have a bunch of. He's not as much in control of the Soul Stream as she is so no full heal or free blessings. Someone has to know to call out to Mordeus ICly and, since it's IC, if he doesn't like them, oh well. Really more of an addendum to the "Answer to your prayers" power earlier.

Your first point basically says "I want you to state out loud I've made myself god-like." Your second point gives you the powers of a death god-diety thing. Even if it's an alternative explanation, this seems to be violating that bit.

As well, you're putting yourself over many other members of the guild now by claiming "I'm the Demi-God of Death."
Dellinger
Dellinger
Dragon
Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Dalvar Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:12 pm

Well, first of all, Liiam being accepted as a lil' god has nothing to do with any powers. It has to do with what people decide to believe. Just sayin'.

The second part sounds fine to me.
Wait... He's nice enough to revive Dal if she dies during a SM... Right?
(Oh, no, wait. She'd have to pray to him for that. NEVER MIND.)

And Dell!
His character has always claimed to be the god of death.
And everyone can bring people back from the dead. Liiam's power is just that he isn't using feathers ICly.
Dalvar
Dalvar
Councilor
Councilor

http://Dalvar.Deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Dellinger Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:14 pm

Dalvar wrote:And Dell!
His character has always claimed to be the god of death.
And everyone can bring people back from the dead. Liiam's power is just that he isn't using feathers ICly.

Old world, he was. That was the character.
Turning it into reality in this world, that's something different entirely.
Dellinger
Dellinger
Dragon
Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Darian Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:55 pm

Dellinger wrote:... If you want me to be a stickler for the rules we posted, Liiam.

-God-modding (ie: anything that will allow you to auto-hit, auto-dodge, auto-escape, auto-know, auto-perceive, auto-notice, auto-control, auto-heal, or anything else auto. This also includes anything that will make you god-like).

Your first point basically says "I want you to state out loud I've made myself god-like." Your second point gives you the powers of a death god-diety thing. Even if it's an alternative explanation, this seems to be violating that bit.

As well, you're putting yourself over many other members of the guild now by claiming "I'm the Demi-God of Death."

Um, I think the 'god-like' is metaphorical in nature. As in what's given as examples in the line you quoted. Also, I don't mean to sound short, but it's kind of annoying that this is coming up now instead of back in February when the subject first came up under the first power application thread. I mean, anytime in the past 5 months would've been fine with me to talk about it. I hope everyone can understand that it's frustrating for something to be up and available and approved for 1/2 a year and then for the same subject matter to cause problems later.

Darian
Kosher Dill Troll
Kosher Dill Troll

Back to top Go down

Post  Veleth Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:29 am

Last edited by Galin on Thu Aug 05, 2010 2:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Veleth
Veleth
Gummy Sandworm
Gummy Sandworm

Back to top Go down

Post  Darian Sat Jul 31, 2010 6:13 pm

After thinking about it for a week and weighing all the different possibilities I came to a conclusion that I think will satisfy everyone. I'm going to remove Liiam from the guild. I'll still RP him, but I realized that the more Liiam progresses in level and the more his story-arc (that's been going on for months) progresses, the more it will become a problem and an issue.

I think the best thing to do is remove Liiam from the guild, making Darian my guild-char that I can log onto for mentor duties and to have as my forum name. This isn't my preferred decision but I can't see things calming down from here, only growing more tense. I'll continue my history of only using IG coded skills/effects for all of Liiam's powers and I'd like to continue being involved in the plots here. I just don't think it's appropriate for him to be in the guild when his continued presence is going to cause further issues for people.

Thanks everyone for listening. Reading. Whatever.

Darian
Kosher Dill Troll
Kosher Dill Troll

Back to top Go down

Post  Captincrunch Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:23 pm

Sadly this is an unfortunate turn of events with respect to the character and their story line.

I THINK THERE WERE assumptions on both sides of the story that has lead us to this turn of events.

1) getting recognized as a deity by some of the local populace
- OK though may get the character in trouble IC'ly
- this is a RP hook for all intents and purposes
- I personally see no issue with this

2) Getting recognized by anyone [NPC] in the local pantheon and having any of them chat you up
- not dang likely unless they were asking you to go on a quest for them
- Would have been destroyed/imprisoned long before any real power achieved [ see Zeus et all with respect to challengers and upstarts]

3) Taking over the position of anyone in the local pantheon
- not dang likely
- on what type of platter do you wish to be served upon

A historical example would be, a foreigner wearing above average clothes and carrying amazing trinkets waltzes in and declares himself as royalty and demands respect and power from the locals.
You can see what I am getting at here.

It is one thing to try and reclaim your birthright, it is another to use that as a tool to inject yourself into the local pantheon.
Do not rewrite canon.
You can add to it, dance around it all you want but you can't edit it to fit your story concept.

I personally had always taken Liiam as someone full of himself with an ego the size of Iria backed up with a modicum of power to back up some of his claims.
Be that as it may, this is your decision.
Captincrunch
Captincrunch
Dragon
Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Veleth Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:14 pm

Unless Liiam wants to revive this at a later time, blue boxing it for now.
Veleth
Veleth
Gummy Sandworm
Gummy Sandworm

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2