Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New ability suggestion for Liiam/Mordeus

+8
Xeek
The Kerrins
Xenny
Krystal
Captincrunch
Jaeden
Temo
Darian
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

New ability suggestion for Liiam/Mordeus Empty New ability suggestion for Liiam/Mordeus

Post  Darian Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:39 am

Rather than waiting until the absolute last minute to figure out what the next power will be I'm opening the floor to suggestions. After all, mods will have to approve it anyways and this streamlines the process a little.

Wanted: A new power for Liiam/Mordeus. I'm looking for an ability that thematically fits with a 'God of Death' persona. Preferably one that's coded into Mabi. A cinematic twist on an existing skill or an uncoded ability that RPS mods won't hate.

Can't Use: Advanced Magic. Trying to get R1 FH takes up *way* too much AP to spend on those. Especially since Liiam only has 60 mana and his Magic Mastery is still Novice. Also, I'm about to get Life Drain anyways, so that's out too.

Current powers: Can turn into a Dark Knight and can transform into a Crow.

Darian
Kosher Dill Troll
Kosher Dill Troll

Back to top Go down

New ability suggestion for Liiam/Mordeus Empty Re: New ability suggestion for Liiam/Mordeus

Post  Temo Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:45 am

So for the first one, you're wanting a Wanted poster? O.o
Temo
Temo
Burrito Bison

http://pineappleyoshi.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

New ability suggestion for Liiam/Mordeus Empty Re: New ability suggestion for Liiam/Mordeus

Post  Darian Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:08 am

Bah! No, it's stating what *wanted* as a response! 'BAH' I say!

Darian
Kosher Dill Troll
Kosher Dill Troll

Back to top Go down

Post  Jaeden Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:14 pm

Well, Liiam. . . you've played Liam before in other universes right? What were the next stages to their power? Knowing this would help us figure out something more relevant for him.

The thing is. You're going up in levels of DK power. But Liiam hasn't really done much to make people believe he's a God yet, has he? All he's done is go on petty missions for the Tara army. . . and spend time with two rather lonely girls. (I realize that this job falls on Jae, but Shhh!) If his Godliness is based on how many people believe in him . . . then he should be stronger based on how many people believe in him. Or does it not work that way? pale

But if you want a new power that you don't have to spend any AP on, try out DK's control of darkness. Liiam's a charmer anyways; I think it'd be a neat idea for him to be able to summon fomors to his command. It'd also be a fun prank to play on Chichol once in a while. Technically this'd mean he'd have some control over people like Temo, though. . . I'm not sure how that would work out.

Or maybe you can work out control of darkness much like the Jedi-mind trick. You want to take your shirt off.
Jaeden
Jaeden
Rock Kandy Mountain Golem

Back to top Go down

Post  Captincrunch Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:39 pm

Right .... God of Death .... no problem with the locals seen at all eh? ....... A word of advice.
If an alabaster beauty in dark clothing asks you to join her for a walk, go in the other direction.

I havent RPed much with the character as yet so I will have to ask - what type of diety were they?
Bureaucrat like in the celestial court, a raving lunatic like Cyric in the forgotten realms, a stoic salary-man like in discworld?
Captincrunch
Captincrunch
Dragon
Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Krystal Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:47 pm

Hmm... if he's a god of Death he should be able to control the dead! This falls under the DK's Control of Darkness skill, so its perfectly acceptable.

Death constitutes as sleep, or life-less objects. So Control of Darkness or summoning golems are both ideas, as a golem is "life-less" and if you control something, it's almost like draining the life, or their will, out of them, since the fomor will follow you now.
Krystal
Krystal
Buckwheat Dragon
Buckwheat Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Xenny Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:55 pm

I like Jae's take your shirt off idea.
Xenny
Xenny
Kosher Dill Troll
Kosher Dill Troll

Back to top Go down

Post  The Kerrins Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:13 pm

Captincrunch wrote:stoic salary-man like in discworld

This is the best kind of Death. Opinions that go otherwise shall be discussed with Flamethrowers.
The Kerrins
The Kerrins
Sweet Tart Sucubus
Sweet Tart Sucubus

Back to top Go down

Post  Xeek Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:32 pm

Xenark: In any case, I call the God of Chaos, Hello Macha~ *winks*
Xeek
Xeek
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Captincrunch Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:52 pm

Knarex wrote:Xenark: In any case, I call the God of Chaos, Hello Macha~ *winks*

Not Cap:
*Sipping a cup of steaming and fragrant tea*
That's a Goddess.
She is what I would hardly call the embodiment of CHAOS, more like death and destruction.
Very narrow minded in the all in all, not chaotic at all.
*you feel the person smiling at you but you cant tell if its the warm feeling of gentle mirth or something far cooler and sinister* pale
Captincrunch
Captincrunch
Dragon
Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Dalvar Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:45 pm

Venyua wrote:I like Jae's take your shirt off idea.
I don't!
Dal is notably susceptible to mind control and other mental magic.
D:
Dalvar
Dalvar
Councilor
Councilor

http://Dalvar.Deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Xeek Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:46 pm

Xenark: Destruction always follows Chaos Wink. As she will follow me. *walks into a bedroom*
Xeek
Xeek
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Captincrunch Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:30 pm

NotCap here again.
No little one destruction does not follow chaos.
It may be a part of chaos but it is not the be all and and all.
Do you even KNOW what True CHAOS is little one?
*notices that xeek is waiting for something in the bedroom*
Here let me give you a little taste *impish grin*
*every surface of the bedroom sprouts fragrant plants and flowers*
Hmm, need something more.. Ah , I know.
*Xeek is buried in a mound of sweet whipped cream with his head sticking out the top with a giant maraschino cherry as a hat*
See, not one bit of destruction but even you will have to admit that is chaotic isn't it?
*Sits there sipping tea and waiting for Xeeks guest to arrive*
Captincrunch
Captincrunch
Dragon
Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Krystal Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:02 pm

Cru:
-Arrives and looks at Xeek in surprise- Ehhh??
-looks at him a bit longer and then bursts out laughing-
Wh-why are you covered in whipped cream Xeek?
Krystal
Krystal
Buckwheat Dragon
Buckwheat Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Xeek Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:18 pm

Xeek: I don't know.. I don't know how was I even involved with this? I am sure this was Xenark's story o-o
Xeek
Xeek
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Jtipton Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:56 pm

How about something simple, not flashy, but rather handy to have? Like, say, an IC justification for life bars? He's a god of death, supposedly, right? How about, quite simply, the ability to determine how close someone is to dying by looking at them? Perhaps even a cause of death if he focuses, in the form of phantom wounds? *Mental image of Lliam seeing hundreds of mongeese running around with grievous sword wounds for their cause of death in Maiz Prarie, during one of J's training runs* This could also be interesting in RP, if someone's the target for an assassin, he might see the possible ways the assassin could decide to off that particular life? (Though, this would require a lot of cooperation from the guild. And besides, immortality would undercut that.)

Jtipton
Kandy Korn Ogre
Kandy Korn Ogre

Back to top Go down

Post  Jaeden Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:33 pm

Dalvar wrote:
Venyua wrote:I like Jae's take your shirt off idea.
I don't!
Dal is notably susceptible to mind control and other mental magic.
D:

Oh please, Liiam would never make Dalvar do anything she didn't want to do already. Laughing

Although knowing Liiam, he'd be firmly against any type of mind control device anyways aside from controlling the undead.
Jaeden
Jaeden

Back to top Go down

Post  Darian Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:24 pm

Does Liiam *need* mind control to make girls take off their shirts? Didn't think so . . . (ZING)

As for the undead . . . does anyone know of a skill or anything that's especially *damaging* to undead since I've always imagined undead diametrically opposed to the normal function of death in general? Though taking control of them *does* make sense. *pokes the various mods who are watching this thread* What would you guys say to an *increased* control over undead compared to other creatures? I think too overpowered. But that's just me and I'm spit-ballin' here.

I am leaning towards ranking Control of Darkness, I'm just whining because I wanted to hit infra asap.

Thanks everyone for giving me a hand!

Darian
Kosher Dill Troll
Kosher Dill Troll

Back to top Go down

Post  Captincrunch Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:49 pm

Angelshade: Undead? Ok, who here is the one playing with dead things? I want to ...... talk ..... to them. Smile <<=== ooo, she's smiling. I wonder if that's a good thing?

NotCap: See, I told you, CHAOS. Xeek meet Xenark. Xenark, Xeek. *tries to stifle a snort of laughter* I wonder if this is someones just dessert? *a spoon appears in Cru's hand*

GM voice from above: You could go for increased control over a single undead that you summoned from their rotting slumber in the cold dark ground.
[ yeah Golem but you do become the creature as you will - just add more messy description on what people actually see emerging from the earth]
Captincrunch
Captincrunch
Dragon
Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas22 Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:53 pm

Your going for a "God of Death" Motif, so how about being able to tell EXACTLY how much a person can take? Like how the life bars work. I know people can guess. But you KNOW how much they can take, and probably when they will die/get knocked out. Aint flashy and all that, but wouldn't a god of death know things like that?
Thomas22
Thomas22

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kayeori Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:56 am

I agree about the life bar theories would go great with the God of Death. Plus I'm sure you could do the same with other meters. I would think more the stamina then the mana meter, but then again that would be up to you. Very Happy
Kayeori
Kayeori
Dessert Dragon
Dessert Dragon

http://www.tumblr.com/blog/v0te4pi3

Back to top Go down

Post  Darian Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:58 am

Hm, Thomas and Kayeori, those are really, really good ideas. Liiam, like Angelshade, really hates the undead and everything about them so I can't see him controlling them, even if he *could*. So when I get to R5 SoC I'll offer that his power is that he can find out exactly how much HP and Stam someone has ATM. Thoughts?

Darian
Kosher Dill Troll
Kosher Dill Troll

Back to top Go down

Post  Xeek Sun May 16, 2010 8:51 am

Yup. But~ Like every power it has a flaw. You can say that you need super concentration or something, so that he can only see them a few times. (In this case you ask the player for permission to know their stats.)

Bad side: Some players will say no, no matter what. Though... It can't really affect them,

Also: Party system is a way to know their HP. And putting your mouse over them, you can see how much HP they have left.
Xeek
Xeek
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Xeek Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:40 pm

Will this be continued?
Xeek
Xeek
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Captincrunch Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:50 am

Need a status update on the character. study
Captincrunch
Captincrunch
Dragon
Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next