Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Zach Dellinger's Story

Go down

Zach Dellinger's Story Empty Zach Dellinger's Story

Post  Dellinger Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:52 pm

Hey all.

I've been thinking about doing this for a while now. I was considering writing a story based upon the D&D variant game my friend designed based around a post-apocalyptic 'world' referred to by her and myself as "The Corem Game." I think sooner or later (possibly this weekend) I will start with the first chapter / segment of this project, and as that gets done I'll begin to post them in this forum.

My projected outline for the project:

1) Intro- This'll go into his life before he decided to leave for the grand city of Corem.
2) Chapter 1- Introduction of the other 'party members' and the beginning of the long trek to Corem.
3) Chapter 2- The continuation of the trek and arrival to Corem. Possibly the start of other things.

From there, I don't know where it'll go. Hopefully you enjoy it when I actually get to working on it.
Expect the Intro to deal with him packing and reminiscing.
Dellinger
Dellinger
Dragon
Dragon

Back to top Go down

Zach Dellinger's Story Empty A Home No Longer (Introdution)

Post  Dellinger Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:54 am

He pushed his glasses further up his face and began to button up one of the few nice gray shirts he had found in the garbage around one of the friendlier residents of The Borderlands. He had spent approximately two days scrubbing out the stains of waste and dirt from the piece of clothing, and had spent about the same amount of time patching up a red vest that he now placed over his gray shirt. His pants had taken him approximately a week to patch up so they appeared presentable. He put his father’s broken pocket watch deep within the pocket of his vest; he made it a goal to get the device repaired, either in Corem or somewhere else.

His notebooks and his tools were placed within his messenger-bag; if things went well, he’d be able to take up a job with one of the local engineers in Corem. A couple of them had come through a while back showing the wonders of something called ‘electricity’ by making a small glass orb shine. He recalled it being named a ‘lightbulb.’ It had started him on this path to being one of the greatest technicians the world had ever known.

His interests were numerous. Including the studies on electricity and what had become known as ‘technology,’ he had bought several books details something called the ‘Final War’ that had created the wasteland between his town and Corem.

At this point, however, he was digressing. He picked up his few belongings and searched out his family. He gave his small sister a hug and smiled, ruffling her hair. It was red, and it was only accentuated by the off tan shirt she wore. He gave a quick nod to the hermit and asked him to take care of his sister. The hermit had done a good job taking care of them so far, so he had very few doubts that the man would fail now.

They were allowing him to study, get a job, and to move on in life. Something they hadn’t done since the death of his father and mother. He promised that as soon as he could, he would send a letter home along with some money. The two smiled and let him go on his way.

“One last things,” the hermit said. He walked over to his closet in the small hut and pulled out one of his favorite walking sticks. It was the length of a good bo-staff. “You may need this on your journey.”

He nodded and smiled. “I’ll do my best.”

Zachary Dellinger II left that day for the caravan, holding all he owned within a small messenger bag, that would take him to the great city of Maelorn Corem. He fiddled the signet ring on his finger, and prayed that his father could see the individual he would become.
Dellinger
Dellinger
Dragon
Dragon

Back to top Go down