Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Short Story

Go down

Short Story Empty Short Story

Post  Peldari Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:04 pm

So this semester I've enrolled in a creative writing course. We have to write short stories for this course. I really, really like Type Moons Fate/Stay Night and Fate/Zero series. So I've been thinking of other places that could have a Holy Grail War. And then I thought "Why not Erinn?". So for my first attempt at a short story I'm going to be doing that. Any guild member who'd like to be a Master please tell me, and provide which Servant you want. Because this is a creative writing course, please try to pick a hero that's not already been used by Type-Moon (although the ones they've rejected or from failed projects are fine). A list of which can be found here). If your style of combat matches with your Servant that's great (I.E. a magic user getting Caster) but if you want one who doesn't match up, I can work with that as well. And if you have an idea for a Noble Phantasm for them, that would be icing on the cake. For simplicity's sake we are using heroes from real life, not from Erinn. Since they're summoned form an alternate dimension anyway, it's not too much trouble to have them come to Erinn via the Soul Stream or something. And because everyone in Erinn has the capacity to use magic to some degree or another, how they got summoned isn't that big a deal. Your character got an odd scroll as a quest reward, read it and then *BAM* you're part of the war.

For those of you who haven't seen the above animes WORRY NOT. I shall explain what this all means. Roughly once every sixty years a Holy Grail (according to the internal mythology of the universe there is more than one although only one is the "true" Grail) creates a contest. Seven mages each summon a hero from history or mythology. And they fight. The winning team each gets one wish from the Grail. You can take a team out of the running by killing the Master (the summoner) or the Servant (the summoned Hero). Also each Servant has one (or more) "Noble Phantasm". This is a tool or ability crucial to that hero's legend. These are big, battle ending powers. King Arthur's Excalibur can take down a fortress in a single swing. Alexander the Great's Ionioi Hetairoi (Army of the King) can briefly summon his entire army to fight beside him. Gilgamesh's Gate of Babylon can summon every mythical weapon in history and launch them at his opponent in a storm of bladed death. Hercules needs to be killed 12 separate times before finally going down. You get the idea. These are the sort of powers that the Council would reject out of hand for being broken if requested to be used in a roleplay. But this isn't a roleplay, it's a story. Finally every Master gets 3 Command Seals, usually n their palm. Most of the time Master and Servant work together as a team. However if a Servant disobeys or has a different method of doing things than the Master, these can be used to issue an order they cannot disobey. They can also be used to provide a temporary rank up in abilities ("Win this battle for me") or summon them to your side from afar. Once used, they're gone. And once all three are used you have no guarantee of controlling your servant. I think that's all you need to know, but if you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Be warned that if you sign up, I may PM you for asking if something is in character for your character to do in a given circumstance.

A final note. This is an ambitious project, and while I promise to try hard at it, I cannot promise I will succeed in finishing it. Either way, I will post what I have for your reading pleasure.

Saber- Peldari (Chevalier d'Eon)
Archer-
Lancer-
Rider-
Assassin- Zach Dellinger (Marcus Junius Brutus)
Berserker-
Caster-
Peldari
Peldari
Kandy Korn Ogre
Kandy Korn Ogre

http://peldari.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down