Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alis' Alts - Nollaig and Akikonomu

Go down

Alis' Alts - Nollaig and Akikonomu Empty Alis' Alts - Nollaig and Akikonomu

Post  Alis Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:35 pm

Name: Nollaig Padraic ó Broin
Birth Race: Elf
Hair Color: Salmon pink
Eye Color: Blue
Height: 5’7”
Favorite Food: Coconut related foods, steamed mushrooms and lemon tea
Theme Song: Be My Hero by October Project

Originally born in Filia, Nollaig did not stay there long. His parents were killed while he was still an infant, leaving him an orphan. He was found alone as a baby, and he was taken in by Diarmuid and Saoirse ó Broin, a lovely couple that had no problems taking him in as one of their own. There was one big issue, however. Both Diamuid and Saoirse are giants, having to raise the boy in secret because of the bad blood between the races. They distanced themselves from other giants, meaning Nollaig had a fairly lonely childhood. He had his parents, but no friends to speak of. As an adult, he set out on his own to start his own life. He returned to Filia, knowing he’d never be accepted by the giants. Unfortunately, he can be pretty ignorant of his own heritage and culture due to a lack of exposure to it. As he travels, he tries to improve his musical abilities alongside his fighting.

Nollaig is a bit of a wisecracker, not afraid to offend with his opinions or thoughts. He has a bit of a short-temper, making it difficult for him to interact with people he deems insufferably stupid. Nollaig isn’t particularly interested in being liked, happy with the quality of friends over quantity. He has a scathing wit and sharp tongue, known to make a few insulting jokes, even about those he cares for. Nollaig is also known for having a bit of a morbid sense of humor and thought process.

Character history through the player: I wish I could say something exciting here, but I designed the character and picked out an Irish name I liked for him. The rest developed over time.

Voice: He has a pretty strong Irish brogue. When he speaks, he sounds more like he’s asking a question than making a declarative statement due to his accent. His tone often comes across as sarcastic.

Name: Akikonomu
Birth Race: Elf
Hair Color: Silver with a purple tint
Eye Color: Violet
Height: 5’5”
Favorite Food: Mushroom fried rice, Filia cookie set, and basil tea
Theme Song: Itsuki No Komoriuta (Itsuki's Lullaby)

Despite what one might think, Akikonomu was not born nor raised in Filia. She had been raised near Calida Lake in near isolation. Her father had died before her birth, and her mother insured that she would become a devout priestess. She’s a fairly reserved and serious woman, coming across as cold at times. Akiko is determined and reliable. She may not be physically strong, but she shows her strength mentally and emotionally. She does not necessarily interact with others well, due to her isolated upbringing. However, she is open to new people and experiences.

Character history through the player: She came about because I was tired of seeing thousands of Sakuras, including all the people that added a million numbers or misspelled the name. At the time, I was reading the Tale of Genji and really enjoying it. So, I picked one of the characters from the novel at random. In The Tale of Genji, Akikonomu is the daughter of a woman called the Rokujou Lady and a former crown prince. Her mother, the Rokujou Lady, actually kills the wife of the title character, Genji, with her spirit. In ancient Japan, it was believed you could separate your spirit from your body in your sleep without having to die. See, the Rokujou Lady was in love with Genji, which is why she hated on his wife so much. Akikonomu was a high priestess of the Ise Shrine and then becomes a consort to the Reizei Emperor, son of Genji and Genji's step-mother. Yeah, the story is really complicated. It’s like a really long soap opera.

Voice: She's very formal and polite with her speech, speaking with a standard Japanese accent (Tokyo). She's soft-spoken, sounding a bit like Chiba Saeko.

Also, a little extra info on Alis:
Name: Archduchess Alis Mair Rhosyn Drygair
Birth Race: ½ Human and ½ Fae
Hair Color: I believe the game called it dark cherry?
Eye Color: Hazel
Height: 5’4”
Favorite Food: Seafood, boiled king crab, chocolate and barely tea
Theme Song: Lunar Star Story's Boat Song

That Special Someone: Andraste. Alis is a little batty, but it works out for the two in the long run.

Character history through the player: I actually created Alis while watching a lot of Utena AMVs. Now, I associate her character with roses and Utena imagery. I was also inspired a lot by Bjork for her.

Voice: Her voice is pert, cute and higher pitched. She has a strong Welsh accent and her speech makes it clear she’s from an upper-class family.

Last edited by Alis on Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:01 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : I wanted to add the translation of Itsuki no Komoriuta's title. I also thought of a better, albeit non-Bjork, theme for Alis.)
Alis
Alis
Wolf in Designer Clothing
Wolf in Designer Clothing

http://waltzforvenus.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down