Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Acanthus, To Defeat: Use your head.

+8
Jaeden
The Kerrins
Jtipton
Krystal
Temo
Captincrunch
Dellinger
Eranor
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Acanthus, To Defeat: Use your head. Empty Acanthus, To Defeat: Use your head.

Post  Eranor Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:04 am

Put simply, Acanthus is a Vampire, yes I know what your all gonna say. But he was an Angel, stop changing it around you dork! Blah blah blah.. whatever. Here's the deal. He was CURSED, the curse was broken. Vampire again, its just that simple. Now what can he do? Thats a different matter. As the King of Vampires, he can do the following..
STRENGTHS
-He has improved strength, speed, agility and can basically sneak up on you quite easily.
-He can drink your blood without turning you, or if you wish to have the Dark Gift, he can give you that as well.
-He used to be able to paralyze with his gaze, but that was a bit much. So from now on, when he gives you a good staring down, you just might feel extremely afraid. If you so desire. If not, well, his eyes are lost on you! =D
-He DOES have a sense of reason, exploit it sometime.
-Normal weapons dont do as much damage to him as they might to a human.

WEAKNESSES
-Blessed weapons will severely hurt him, IF they can hit him.
-Holy water, if you can get it on him, it'll hurt him so much he will probably fall down and cry like a baby.
-He has a conscience. Even if he likes to think he doesnt.
-He is a Vampire, everyone hates Vampires, you can all use your brains and band together to destroy him.
-He can die.

He may seem invincible, but he isnt, just use your head and when the time comes, if it comes, you might be able to defeat him. Im not gonna make it easy for you now, am I? Be creative, use the environment, distractions. Anything. Its a fight for your life!

Last edited by Acan on Sat Feb 13, 2010 5:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Eranor
Eranor
Kosher Dill Troll
Kosher Dill Troll

Back to top Go down

Acanthus, To Defeat: Use your head. Empty Re: Acanthus, To Defeat: Use your head.

Post  Dellinger Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:19 am

Acan... have you actually played a 'normal' character?
I will say you do tend to try to make Acan into a lot of different 'fantastic' things
and you do switch them a lot.

I'm not sure how you can keep jumping races and types by just saying "He is one again, it's just that simple."
Dellinger
Dellinger
Dragon
Dragon

Back to top Go down

Acanthus, To Defeat: Use your head. Empty Re: Acanthus, To Defeat: Use your head.

Post  Captincrunch Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:54 am

So back to being a Vampire.

You listed all the powers and effects a normal mortal being could access to use against him BUT there are all those not so normal powers and effects and creatures that could easily make his existence uncomfortable, short or both. To list a few - Vampires - Supernatural creatures (Dragons and Ifrit fit in here) - creatures from the outer planes both above and below - Any other higher level undead (Mummies Lichs Ghosts) - Demigods on up - Death (you can run and hide but Death will get around to you eventually and kick your sorry ass before dragging it off to the infernal damnation it so rightly earned)

The sneak up quiet easily is a god-mod. There are some things he will never be able to sneak up on, like Dragons in their lair, elemental creatures, beings with eyes in the back of their head like abilities - A better explanation would be -> Has a supernatural ability to move quietly would be better.
Captincrunch
Captincrunch
Dragon
Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Temo Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:25 pm

...how do you get cursed into being something good? o.o

Also, as Dal put it: "INTEGRATE. >:C "
Temo
Temo
Burrito Bison

http://pineappleyoshi.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Krystal Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:47 pm

Wouldn't another weakness be... i don't know: GARLIC??

Just a thought...
Krystal
Krystal
Buckwheat Dragon
Buckwheat Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Dellinger Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:25 pm

And if you're a vampire, you missed a very important fact...
Your a wee-bit fatally allergic to the happy-dapper energy of our glorious sun...

However, I still challenge you to play a normal character rather than making
Acanthus just a different 'fantastic' form, since you tend to swap out a lot.
Dellinger
Dellinger
Dragon
Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Captincrunch Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:04 pm

There is also the issue of running water not letting him pass, so no rafts or canoes for you - ship at sea is something else - except for the melting in moving water bit and no shade.
Captincrunch
Captincrunch
Dragon
Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Jtipton Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:39 pm

And that whole 'no entering private residences' thing.

Jtipton
Kandy Korn Ogre
Kandy Korn Ogre

Back to top Go down

Post  The Kerrins Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:08 am

Captincrunch wrote:no shade.

Yes, Shade won't be pretending to be your accomplice again anytime soon
The Kerrins
The Kerrins
Sweet Tart Sucubus
Sweet Tart Sucubus

Back to top Go down

Post  Temo Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:04 pm

After reviewing the info and feedback, I think it's safe to say you're screwing yourself over with this idea more than giving yourself any sort of advantage. I'm gonna agree with what Dell suggested. I won't say go so far as to erase your character and start entirely over, kill memories, friendships, all that jazz, but at least revamp (hee, pun) what he is and rebuild abilities n' such accordingly. Start with something normal and see where things take you from there. It's how the legends are made, after all. tongue

Last edited by Gatemo on Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Temo
Temo
Burrito Bison

Back to top Go down

Post  Dellinger Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:32 pm

That's basically my vote.
I don't approve of the powers for a number of reasons:

A) You took mostly the benefits but none of the penalties to being a vampire (ie, the -major- weaknesses).
B) The powers mentioned above (the weaknesses necessary to a vamp that you didn't put) would kill you on the first day (or hamper RPability).
C) Acanthus himself (the character) has changed race... I believe at least 3 or 4 times himself. Race is normally a constant, not a whim.
(There are some obvious exceptions to C, but constant race change due to a whim says no for me)

So, formally, I do not approve of these powers.
Dellinger
Dellinger
Dragon
Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  The Kerrins Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:51 pm

Dellinger wrote:(constant race change due to a whim says no for me).

Maybe my next character should be a D&D type Doppleganger......
The Kerrins
The Kerrins
Sweet Tart Sucubus
Sweet Tart Sucubus

Back to top Go down

Post  Jtipton Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:08 pm

Except I think doppelganger's are always doppelgangers, they just look different. O_o

...but yeah, I found him trying to explain being cursed to be a celestial being associated with goodness and purity, and reverting to a bloodsucking parasite forced forever to live in the shadow of his former species, and cursed to watch all of his friends and family die slowly (well, that one not so much, considering the immortality thing miletians have) being an improvement to be...amusing.

Jtipton
Kandy Korn Ogre
Kandy Korn Ogre

Back to top Go down

Post  Jaeden Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:21 pm

I guess it'd be the same thing with Angel from Buffy the Vampire Slayer. You know. Cursed with a soul. The one thing that made him any better than the average, savage beast. I imagine as an angel he'd have even that many more regrets about his vampire self. It isn't a choice wording, obviously, but I can see where he's coming from.

My whole objection comes solely on the fact that... he's trying to be something that isn't really implemented in the game. Which is, as I believe, what we've been trying to cut back on. Vampires and angels do not exist in Mabi (to my knowledge). There really isn't even a point to angels - Angels are spirits without bodies. There is no such thing as a mortal angel. You'd have to be in a world with death to even be able to make sense of them. Vampires too. You have to be -dead- to be a vampire.

I mean. Acanthus could always vote to just be a creep and suck blood simply because he has a fetish for it. That's always perfectly acceptable.

I personally love vampires. Especially well written ones. I even encouraged Acan to go back to being a vampire because I thought the whole angel thing was silly. However, if we're going to do this (and do it right) then we should probably do away with creatures that don't exist in Mabi.

The powers themselves, then, will have to be modified whichever way you choose to go, Acanthus. Either you have to tailor them to fit a human's abilities, or you need to tailor them to encompass ALL of the weaknesses of a vampire.

Now, Acan could always do something with a fomor possession. *Shrugs.* But I still haven't seen a vampire fomor.
Jaeden
Jaeden
Rock Kandy Mountain Golem

Back to top Go down

Post  The Kerrins Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:07 pm

Jaeden wrote:You'd have to be in a world with death to even be able to make sense of them.

I'm not trying to put a damper on your argument here, but death DOES exist in Mabi
The Kerrins
The Kerrins
Sweet Tart Sucubus
Sweet Tart Sucubus

Back to top Go down

Post  Captincrunch Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:41 pm

Here is an idea that Acan can do with it as he wishes.

He thinks he is a Vampire but is in reality a fetishist with a restriction to a liquid protein diet. That could work ..... Rolling Eyes
Mind you jumping off balconies while turning into a bat to fly away could prove painful, even if he is a Miletian.
Scary second thought - afterward he stands up, says "I meant to do that" and walks off. *shudder* Peewee Herman (Afraid smiley here)
Captincrunch
Captincrunch
Dragon
Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Temo Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:57 am

...where IS Acan since posting this? Has he been online? o_O
Temo
Temo
Burrito Bison

Back to top Go down

Post  Jaeden Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:10 am

The Kerrins wrote:
Jaeden wrote:You'd have to be in a world with death to even be able to make sense of them.

I'm not trying to put a damper on your argument here, but death DOES exist in Mabi

As much as Liiam would have you believe ICly wise, it doesn't. At least not in the modern sense that I was referring to where angels would actually be needed. Yes. You can get knocked out. Whoopy. Feather up, and you're back on your feet. That's kitten death. That's death's retarded cousin that didn't really make it past grade school.

Now of course, Nao could always refuse to rebirth a body. I assume this is how Ezra keeps from being revived and trying to screw Emain all over again. But I always assumed whenever someone gets knocked out, the words "Death is not a permanent thing" applies to everyone.

EDIT: Okay, in retrospect (and Gatemo's wise words), death -does- minimally exist in Erinn since it appears that non-milletians seem to stay dead. Especially ones with a plot. Hypocritical Erinn is hypocritical. Although, as Gate explained it to me, it could just simply be that because non-milletians aren't bound to Erinn - they're really only guests there - the life and death policy doesn't apply to them.

Now God forbid if I turn this into a tangent for a talk on religion (get it?), but angels are a christian type thing. To my knowledge, Christianity does not exist on Erinn. Neither does a permanent means for death (as far as non-milletians are concerned), in which the soul can rise up from the body and become an angel. And again, to my knowledge, there is no such "hell" or "heaven" on Erinn where these spirits can go... unless you consider the zombies in Another World, and the soul stream. But do zombies really have souls?

Getting knocked out at this point becomes an irrelevant inconvenience as far as RPing is concerned for us milletians. =P

Captincrunch wrote:
He thinks he is a Vampire but is in reality a fetishist with a restriction to a liquid protein diet. That could work .....

Ingenious. I love it. Twisted Evil

Last edited by Jaeden on Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:18 am; edited 5 times in total
Jaeden
Jaeden

Back to top Go down

Post  Temo Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:22 am

Note that Ezra also wasn't a...Milli...Milletia...a soul streamer (bleh, Galin knows the terms). I think she was born in Erinn so couldn't do rebirths anyways. Folks within the story plots that die tend to not be, like Mores, Ruari's brother, Ruari, etc.

Not saying the arguement isn't sound, but I was just pointing that out. Embarassed
Temo
Temo
Burrito Bison

Back to top Go down

Post  Jaeden Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:25 am

Gatemo wrote:Note that Ezra also wasn't a...Milli...Milletia...a soul streamer (bleh, Galin knows the terms). I think she was born in Erinn so couldn't do rebirths anyways. Folks within the story plots that die tend to not be, like Mores, Ruari's brother, Ruari, etc.

Not saying the arguement isn't sound, but I was just pointing that out. Embarassed

Hrrrm. Really?

*Scratches the head.* I thought it was the Disney's version of a convenient the-bad-guy-stays-dead type of deal. Is it stated in-game wise that non-milletians don't get to RB? *Blinks.* ... *Cries* *Clings to all of Galin's characters.* They can't diiiie T_T
Jaeden
Jaeden

Back to top Go down

Post  Temo Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:30 am

If they did, Ruari's brother wouldn't have had to die and he wouldn't be the angsty mess he was til he perma-died. Nao wouldn't be fatherless either because she could've just easily resurrected Mores at the end of G1 instead of weeping over his corpse. Razz
Temo
Temo
Burrito Bison

Back to top Go down

Post  Darian Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:53 am

Well there's also the possibility that the other gods like Chichol can access the Soul Stream. I mean, if you kill an ogre another ogre shows up in relatively the same spot after a few seconds. I keep trying to figure this out. Is there a waiting line? Is it like the Evil Jar from the 90's Legend of Zelda cartoon where when fomor are defeated they're not dead, they just get sent back to Fomorland and wait to get sent back up? Or does Chichol have his own answer to the Soul Stream? The . . . Fomor Creek? The Evil Canal?

Personally, for the vampire powers thing, I'd say that Gatemo or Cap'n or somebody with the ability to make rules stick, pick a couple 'versions' of vampires with a complete list of strength and weaknesses premade (like referencing D&D or Vampire: The Masquerade) and just let Acanthus pick one and hold him to it. But that's just my opinion.

Darian
Kosher Dill Troll
Kosher Dill Troll

Back to top Go down

Post  Temo Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:59 am

Fenrir] Alright, I confess. There's a place where we mine twilight shards. 9.9

And I never thought I had that kind of power, but I'd disagree with it anyways if there was. I'm just that much a stickler about sticking to and working around what's already provided by the game.
Temo
Temo
Burrito Bison

Back to top Go down

Post  Veleth Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:09 am

In Celtic/Irish mythology, the Miletians are/were the 5th? invaders of Ireland. Their origins as best as I've been able to read is as follows:

The Milesians were more precisely the sons of Míl Espáine (Miled). Míl's ancestors had originally come from Scythia, but Míl had brought them out of Scythia and later Egypt, before they settled in Spain, which was known as the Land of the Dead.

An interesting statement that they came from the "Land of the Dead".

In regards to the other races.... "Historically" it went like this, per the Book of Invasions.

Cesair was the leader of the first invasion in Ireland. Cesair was the daughter of Bith and granddaughter of Noah. Cesair was denied admission to the Ark, so she left 40 days before the Flood arrived.
The Partholanians were the second group of Celtic people who settled in Ireland, but they were the first to arrive after the biblical Flood. Not much was written about these people. Partholanians were said to have come to from the west, from the Land of the Dead. The Partholanians arrived 312 years after Cesair and her followers.
The Fomorians were possibly nothing more than pirates or raiders, since they never settled in Ireland, and never considered to be Celtic people (Irish). The Fomorians were race of strange beings. The Fomorians were ugly, misshapen giants, who lived on Tory Island. They were cruel, violent and oppressive.
The next group of people to arrive in Ireland, were the Nemedians. The Nemedians arrived 30 years after the extinction of the Partholanians. They probably come from the west in the Land of the Dead, or else from Spain. This group sailed for a year and half, wandering the sea with a fleet of 32 ships, carrying less than a thousand persons. Only one ship would survive the journey, including Nemed as their leader, and Nemed's four sons.
The next group to arrive in Ireland was the Firbolgs. The Firbolgs were actually descendants of the Nemedians, who fled Ireland from both the war against the Fomorians and the plague that ravaged their population. Semion, great-great-grandson of Nemed had brought his followers to Greece, but they suffered from slavery and oppression at the hands of their Greek masters.
The next people to arrive in Erin (Ireland), was the Tuatha Dé Danann or the Children of the goddess Danu. They would later become regarded as Celtic deities by the pagan Irish, and as fairies to the Christians.
The Milesians were more precisely the sons of Míl Espáine (Miled). Míl's ancestors had originally come from Scythia, but Míl had brought them out of Scythia and later Egypt, before they settled in Spain, which was known as the Land of the Dead.

For this information and more, check out :http://www.timelessmyths.com/celtic/invasions.html
Veleth
Veleth
Gummy Sandworm
Gummy Sandworm

Back to top Go down

Post  Jtipton Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:01 pm

Jaeden wrote:*Scratches the head.* I thought it was the Disney's version of a convenient the-bad-guy-stays-dead type of deal. Is it stated in-game wise that non-milletians don't get to RB? *Blinks.* ... *Cries* *Clings to all of Galin's characters.* They can't diiiie T_T

No, I'm pretty sure that at the beginning of G3 at some point, Tarlach gives you a book detailing the differences between Miletians (PC's, Tin, Fleta,) and Tuatha Dé Danann. Basically, Miletians are Highlander immortal (Can be hit with blows that should kill us, and go down, only to shrug it off and come back as nothing happened later,) age MUCH faster, and have the whole rebirthing thing going on, while Tuathans are mortal, but age ridiculously slowly. To my knowledge, the only Tuatha Dé Danann to get to rebirth was Nao herself, and that was because Morrighan basically chose her personally to be RB'd as Nao.

As for Fomors respawning...Outside of saying 'game mechanic so that we don't run out of grinding opporitunities/money mines,' one can assume there are as many fomors running around in Tir Na Nog/the various dungeons as there are other things in Erinn (players, NPC's, pets, trees...) We could simply see those who were off-duty/asleep/elsewhere returning. Or, A few more slip out of the dungeons or something. O_o

Jtipton
Kandy Korn Ogre
Kandy Korn Ogre

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next