Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My characters

+5
Xeek
Temo
Veleth
Dellinger
Thomas22
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

My characters Empty My characters

Post  Thomas22 Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:52 pm

Yeah, I got a couple people with outta game things.

Ariel: Umm...her power comes from one of Mrk's plots. And it's just Falcon with personality ((Like DK armor is suppose to work)). Although I guess I could just say it's a Mirage missle and get on with it. You can contact Mrk for more details on this...although it's mostly corny superheros.

Thomas: Thomas can now imbue a specially made sword with minor magic. This will allow him to burn wounds shut, a slight shock when touched by the blade, or cause numbness. ((This will be represented by the element shields, natural being non-imbued state)). He can also heal his own wounds and broken bones. While this takes much more out of him than simply closing flesh wounds, he is wide open to getting interrupted and/or killed while he does this. ((This will be represented by pets.))

Umm...I'll update this post of I get more ((Or get something approved.....))

Last edited by Thomas22 on Fri Jul 02, 2010 2:37 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : More details)
Thomas22
Thomas22
Rock Kandy Mountain Golem

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile

Back to top Go down

My characters Empty Re: My characters

Post  Dellinger Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:11 am

Thomas, just a comment in general.
I feel you need a bit more detail.

Personally, I can't approve this until I know a couple of things:

The How:
How does your character do what they do? Through what process? A 'they just do because I want them to' really shouldn't suffice as a reason, and I believe a number of guildmates would agree with this. The more details we have as to the process, the more we can understand and possibly edit it, and then it will allow us to approve it.

The Why:
We may understand the how of your character's abilities, but why does your character have these abilities? What in your character's history says that the character should have this ability? Again, a 'they just have it because it seemed cool' doesn't seem like it's a great idea. However, if you show us a bio / historic character reason that is well written and well defended, it may make sense.

Caveat:
Just remember, I believe there will be some things that most people don't really think should be approved. Keep that in mind as you formulate ideas. If you wouldn't approve it yourself, chances are our fellow guildmates wouldn't. Hence detail and tact.

Hopefully you don't take any of this personally. Just an opinion and suggestion.
Dellinger
Dellinger
Dragon
Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas22 Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:20 am

Edited my post. Waiting for Capt to give an approval on one little thing before I post it up here.
Thomas22
Thomas22

Back to top Go down

Post  Dellinger Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:37 pm

I'll be a bit more specific this time:

Alex: How did these powers manifest? How -exactly- does he use them? You need to explain exactly what your version of Psionic entails, otherwise we're looking at approving just a word. As well, why does this 'compulsion' power you have hinted at give you telekinetic ability?

Ariel: You need to actually state what the power is rather that just state what represents the power. I don't actually see where you wrote out what the power is and what it does.

Thomas: Specifically, what other types of magic? How powerful are these other types of magic? How does one differentiate each different proxy spells from the other if you basically just say 'funky words'? How did he teach himself these things, since no city NPC would know these specific spells?

Cxztal: For those of our friends that aren't D&D pros, you may want to explain how those with dragon-blood / half-dragons actually work (Fluff may be acceptable enough).

Hope you see what I mean about specifics.
Dellinger
Dellinger
Dragon
Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas22 Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:59 pm

Ok, now that I know what exactly to post...

Alex can manifest his powers sort of like how magic works, but with a lot less words. He has to will the Psionic powers. Also, the compulsion power does NOT give him telekinetic abilities. I should have done that in a different order maybe. He also learned a bit of Erinn magic. As for how they manifested? Well, there was this one time he got scared (Hey, you try being 15 and a big effing wolf comes to eat you.) and...well...the wolf ran away for some odd reason. He looked behind him and saw what could be described as a bit vat of nothing. He went to try on rats (Because they TOTALLY CAN'T KILL YOU!) for a couple of months.

Ariel has a spirit of a long dead "Super hero" inside her head. I didn't post this in her bio (If I posted one up for her) because I made her then Mr. K asked me. It really IS just Falcon mode from the ancient Irinads and all that fluff. Just a gallon full of crazy mixed in. And a scary thought attached to this is that the spirit was the sane one out of the bunch of heros.

Thomas's other magic is weaker since he hasn't practiced it as much. And the uses for the spell are what differentiate them. Like Geomancy (Earth magic) is more definsive. Still couldn't turn the tide of a battle though. The way he learned it was from the Mage Council. They research the other kinds of magic. The reason the other kinds of magic isn't taught? Experimental lazy bums. That is, They think it works, but Thomas is the only one crazy brave enough to try it.

For Cxztal...Well...there's the obvious mommy dragon and daddy human concept. He is stronger and tougher. Though, no one talks to him since he's fugly. He had to rest on his laurels (Which ain't the best ones) to live.

Last edited by Thomas22 on Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:02 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Forgot to add on.)
Thomas22
Thomas22

Back to top Go down

Post  Veleth Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:11 pm

I will leave this powers application to others to speak on.

Last edited by Galin on Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Veleth
Veleth
Gummy Sandworm
Gummy Sandworm

Back to top Go down

Post  Temo Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:28 pm

Alex:
The psionic powers, I'm iffy about if it's a biological thing (and come to think of it, the following logic goes toward other characters as well). When folks come to Erinn, they're often reborn into different bodies I figure, so what would be the odds of having that skill passed over? If it's a memory/knowledge thing, I can see it integrating with Taming and Control of Darkness skills.

The shotgun, as irritated as that thing has made me in its existence, I can comfortably allow now that G9's hit. It's easy to work that into cylinder blasts (I'm guessing they discharge via steam technology, so could work maybe). Personally though, I find cylinders themselves to be more useful than the shotgun - resources would be easier to come by, for one. Razz

Ariel:
No problems from what I can tell.

Thomas:
After that battle in the Twilit Tears arc, I can safely say this won't work as it is right now. I know you put a lot of thought into 'em and your character, but it sounded more made up on the fly than people assumed I'd done with those ambushes (which, I'll state again, WERE planned and RP'd out weeks in advance Twisted Evil ) Understandable there are other elements than what Nexon has in play, but as of now and for whatever reason they aren't commonly known. And I believe there IS reason for that.

However, I'm not going to say don't use them entirely, only to be patient and wait out til things pick up. From what I gathered, Nexon was bringing in more skills n' such in the future that'd fit perfectly into Tom's list of voodoo.

And if nothing else, you need to be a LOT more descriptive of those special spells, what they do, side effects and the limitations behind them, and then we can talk more on 'em. If it's something only Tom himself can learn, then I definitely am gonna have to say no, as that would be very unfair toward other mages.

Cxztal:
That's a bit vague for my small brain. Can you clarify a tiny bit more? For instance, what 18 others? O_o
Temo
Temo
Burrito Bison

http://pineappleyoshi.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas22 Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:12 pm

Alex: Ok. I can see where you comeing from on this one. I might have to redo that part of his story...

Ariel: YAY!!

Thomas: Ok, but I did tone him down some since that fight. Also, no, the magic can be learned by anyone willing. But it's still being researched and Thomas is the guinea pig.

Cxztal: The 18 other bolts of thunder. And...hell, it was a crappy side story anyways. Going to scrap him and get me free card for that.
Thomas22
Thomas22

Back to top Go down

Post  Temo Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:04 pm

Drop a response instead of just editing the original post when you make the corrections, please? Makes it easier to check back in timely fashion when you can see what's new on the board, you know? Very Happy
Temo
Temo
Burrito Bison

Back to top Go down

Post  Dellinger Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:53 am

Personally, this is how I feel:

Alex: I personally don't like the psionics. As well, I think a 'shotgun' in general is just not a good idea. Unless your idea of 'shotgun' is a telekinetic force that is not as much a 'shotgun' but a force that knocks one back (something similar to wind-blast), I'm not sure I like the idea. Cylinders, in my book, don't justify gun-things.

Ariel: Totally fine, considering she's just a crazy elf.

Thomas: I agree with Gate. Personally, I don't think the other magic would be allowed unless you made a very descriptive... well, description for each spell. In some LARPs, most people have to write out their spells for real (ie, some are 30 words, some are a 1000 words). I believe if you wanted to do that, we'd need some description of a 'spellbook' with the words required and the effects. As it is right now, I'm not sure about it.

So Cxztal was scrapped?
Dellinger
Dellinger
Dragon
Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Temo Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:18 pm

*pokes Tom* Still waiting on a response for this.
Temo
Temo
Burrito Bison

Back to top Go down

Post  Dellinger Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:04 pm

*brings Tom's attention to this post*
Dellinger
Dellinger
Dragon
Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas22 Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:10 pm

Working on Alex's story still...might even end up having to trash it and start over.
Thomas22
Thomas22

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas22 Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:41 pm

Ok, I thought about Alex's case some. I might bring the character back, but the whole idea of psionics and the shotty is thrown out. The fact the "New" Alex has a purple robe, a mace, a shield, and a crossbow just like the "old" one is just a nifty coincidence that keeps me from going broke.

And with the other spells, I'll start a spell book when I get to writing all the words down and the effects down to the last word I want to use.
Thomas22
Thomas22

Back to top Go down

Post  Xeek Sun May 16, 2010 8:26 am

Actually... there is a way you can justify Alex's power.. At least some of them xP. You just need to think.
Xeek
Xeek
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas22 Sat May 22, 2010 6:19 pm

Going to add a new "Power" or two to Thomas.

He can imbue a certain sword that was crafted for him after his countless efforts to save Taillteann with magic. The magic will NOT be as powerful as a spell. The magic will just change the effect of his attacks, from burning the wound shut, to giving them a slight shock, to causing slight numbness around the wound. ((These will be represented by the use of elemental shields, Natural being not-imbued sword))
He can also recover wounds slowly by chanting himself ((Represented by pets mending/healing)). While not practical in battle, since he can get interrupted by a simple punch or kick, he can use it after a major battle to regain his health. This does slowly drain his stamina away, but he usually sits down to counter-act the effects ((Which doesn't hardly work)).
Thomas22
Thomas22

Back to top Go down

Post  Dellinger Sat May 22, 2010 9:56 pm

... *points to the other above comments*

Anything else you'd like to clear up?
IE, please tell us what we are now rating? XD
Dellinger
Dellinger
Dragon
Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Captincrunch Sat May 22, 2010 10:52 pm

Could you just make a new post with a revised list.
Bullet form is good
Captincrunch
Captincrunch
Dragon
Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas22 Sun May 23, 2010 10:25 am

Well, I think I'm no longer gonna have Thomas use other spells, but instead, use minor things.

• Thomas can now imbue a specially made sword with minor magic. This will allow him to burn wounds shut, a slight shock when touched by the blade, or cause numbness. ((This will be represented by the element shields, natural being non-imbued state))

• He can also heal his own wounds and broken bones. While this takes much more out of him than simply closing flesh wounds, he is wide open to getting interrupted and/or killed while he does this. ((This will be represented by pets.))

Alex and Cxztal are getting scrapped, and that's final. If I find other things about my characters I might need to add, I will make a new post.
Thomas22
Thomas22

Back to top Go down

Post  Veleth Sun May 23, 2010 2:23 pm

Thomas,

You're going Wolverine here then? I'd like a little more explanation over how quickly these wounds heal. I see no issue with elemental imbued weapons.
Veleth
Veleth
Gummy Sandworm
Gummy Sandworm

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas22 Sun May 23, 2010 2:53 pm

...Never saw it as that, but ok.

The healing won't give him an edge in battle, but if he gets a chance to stop and heal, it takes roughly the same time to normally bandage. If he slows it down, about three times that. If he does it the quick way, it will completely wipe his stamina out. The slow way, only take half is stamina. Think of it as casting healing from near death. Just about three times as worse. If he resorts to this, he's probably NOT going back in the fight soon.
Thomas22
Thomas22

Back to top Go down

Post  Dellinger Sun May 23, 2010 4:44 pm

How'd he get this healing ability?
Dellinger
Dellinger
Dragon
Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Xeek Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:47 pm

Thomas can you edit your new powers to your main post?
Xeek
Xeek
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas22 Fri Jul 02, 2010 2:45 pm

I didn't see Dell's post till Xeek brought this back up. Sorry about not answering that!

Thomas gained his healing ability from studying healing magic. It's a more extreme version of healing spell Nexon has basically. But he can't cast it on other people, unless the other person loves getting worse wounds. He's used this spell enough ((And died from it a few times)) to know how his body works, and what to do with certain wounds.
Thomas22
Thomas22

Back to top Go down

Post  Dellinger Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:36 am

So how much mana / time does this take to work it's full effect?
Dellinger
Dellinger
Dragon
Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next