Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Twilit Tears

+31
Honeko
Auramune
Remmiel
Kayeori
Kalamiko
thesixthpain
dweramond
Xenny
Mari Eir
Zwei Freeheart
Azarune
Darian
Vayne
Thomas22
Veleth
Omnisagi
Kenelm
Xeek
Kagaea
Dalvar
Krystal
Jinnhin
Laikika
Dellinger
TWWolfe
Captincrunch
Jakelvin
The Kerrins
Jtipton
Aydub
Temo
35 posters

Page 14 of 23 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 18 ... 23  Next

Go down

Twilit Tears - Page 14 Empty Re: Twilit Tears

Post  Dellinger Sat Jun 05, 2010 7:38 pm

(( And the subterfuge... and the plots... and all the other information that's been placed within this forum...
Oh, by the way, did I mention the efforts made by the resistance and the bandits to help against Fenrir (side 3?).

May want to refresh on it all if you're interested. God knows we all have. o_O ))
Dellinger
Dellinger
Dragon
Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  TWWolfe Sat Jun 05, 2010 8:16 pm

((the rampant backstabbery))
TWWolfe
TWWolfe
Rock Kandy Mountain Golem
Rock Kandy Mountain Golem

Back to top Go down

Post  Zwei Freeheart Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:38 pm

(I really say with Xeek on fenrir's side I thought Tail is next to fall XD Zwei is going for Tara now)

Zwei Freeheart
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  thesixthpain Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:36 pm

hmm.....
thesixthpain
thesixthpain
Wolf in Designer Clothing
Wolf in Designer Clothing

http://meatspin.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Temo Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:59 pm

[[Ah, btw. All future attacks n' whatnot. If you wanna hit something in another one of those army battles, please post a time or something that's good for you so we can discuss. There was a bit of confusion this past weekend with what was going on without anybody knowing that. That is all, thankyou~ Razz]]
Temo
Temo
Burrito Bison

http://pineappleyoshi.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Krystal Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:40 am

((So shouldn't there be a post about Tir being burned to the ground basically?))
Krystal
Krystal
Buckwheat Dragon
Buckwheat Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Captincrunch Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:48 am

[[ How the heck can Tir be burned to the ground? Did I miss something? Did someone do a story event where the locals went all stupid and forgot how to beat Golems into gravel with their bare hands?]]
Captincrunch
Captincrunch
Dragon
Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Veleth Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:49 am

((Xenny and Shin apparently burned it to the ground.......))
Veleth
Veleth
Gummy Sandworm
Gummy Sandworm

Back to top Go down

Post  Captincrunch Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:26 am

[[ OK - definite ignoring the capabilities of the towns folk or the fact that the buildings are to widely spaced to burn more than one before getting their backsides handed to them. Fergus alone could punt either one to Filia in a single drunken boot to the buttocks. Then there is the little thing of having the heroes of legend living nearby. Gah - OK - So Xenny and Shin are going to have most of the Miletians after them for burning down their first homes.]]
Captincrunch
Captincrunch
Dragon
Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Dellinger Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:56 am

(( Was this 'event' actually posted in the TT thread, or was it done randomly?
I would have thought some of the characters that were in Tir could have assisted the townsfolk... ))
Dellinger
Dellinger
Dragon
Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Veleth Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:02 am

[[It was setup for no interference]]
Veleth
Veleth
Gummy Sandworm
Gummy Sandworm

Back to top Go down

Post  Dellinger Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:07 am

(( If that's the case, since I believe Gatemo himself had requested that events get posted within this forum just in case someone in the area decides that they don't want the forest and city to burn with them in it [such as maybe any of the 2 or 3 PCs that I know frequent the Tir area, including I think at least one of Caps' characters], I think that we should make a move to ignore the event that apparently took place to ignore the fact that there are other members in the guild. I think that's a fair decision. ))
Dellinger
Dellinger
Dragon
Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Mari Eir Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:55 am

Dellinger wrote:(( If that's the case, since I believe Gatemo himself had requested that events get posted within this forum just in case someone in the area decides that they don't want the forest and city to burn with them in it [such as maybe any of the 2 or 3 PCs that I know frequent the Tir area, including I think at least one of Caps' characters], I think that we should make a move to ignore the event that apparently took place to ignore the fact that there are other members in the guild. I think that's a fair decision. ))
((The event was preordained by Gate and Xenny, it wasn't random. There were PCs around when it took place other than Xenny and Shin, but they failed to stop them. It hasn't been reported IC yet, however, which is probably why it hasn't been posted yet. The no interference comment means that we didn't want people who would not normally be there interfering just because they wanted to be a part of it.))
Mari Eir
Mari Eir
Viking
Viking

Back to top Go down

Post  Dellinger Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:12 am

Temo wrote:[[Ah, btw. All future attacks n' whatnot. If you wanna hit something in another one of those army battles, please post a time or something that's good for you so we can discuss. There was a bit of confusion this past weekend with what was going on without anybody knowing that. That is all, thankyou~ Razz]]

(( Burning counts as an attack, especially if there was a chance to stop it. It is possible that players would have had a legitimate reason for being there. Not stating a time basically is just stating you don't want people besides the people you planned for in the RP, and as far as I was aware this was a guild-wide event. Considering this is not the weekend that Temo referred to, I'm pretty sure your RP fell under the bounds of the statement Temo just made.

That, and considering you were burning a town, which I don't think the natives would have taken to too kindly, would probably have also qualified this as an army battle.

Keep that in mind next time you attempt to do something like this, and since you were a part of the event, and Creepy has added "Gone" to their name on the account, and because it seems you have the time to inform us that you can overlook said statement by Temo, then I believe you have the time to report it IC. ))
Dellinger
Dellinger
Dragon
Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Temo Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:50 pm

*sigh* Joys of waking to an angry mob...okay, from the toppy top...

Captincrunch wrote:[[ OK - definite ignoring the capabilities of the towns folk or the fact that the buildings are to widely spaced to burn more than one before getting their backsides handed to them. Fergus alone could punt either one to Filia in a single drunken boot to the buttocks. Then there is the little thing of having the heroes of legend living nearby. Gah - OK - So Xenny and Shin are going to have most of the Miletians after them for burning down their first homes.]]

That was taken into consideration, Cap. I wasn't present for the actual event, but discussion beforehand detailed the necessity to them away from the incident before it started. Distraction of some sort. What they did, I have no clue as I was too late to get on and it was Xenny's idea to begin with so I let her run the event. The intention wasn't to take lives, nor was there any intent for an all-out-attack. Overall strategy was just to cause some disorder - much like the unannounced chaos people love cause by blowing up a library 12 times a week or committing murder in broad daylight in the middle of a populated town square. Neutral

Galin wrote:[[It was setup for no interference]]

The MEETING was set up for no interference. The PLANNING of it.

Dellinger wrote:(( Burning counts as an attack, especially if there was a chance to stop it. It is possible that players would have had a legitimate reason for being there. Not stating a time basically is just stating you don't want people besides the people you planned for in the RP, and as far as I was aware this was a guild-wide event. Considering this is not the weekend that Temo referred to, I'm pretty sure your RP fell under the bounds of the statement Temo just made.

That, and considering you were burning a town, which I don't think the natives would have taken to too kindly, would probably have also qualified this as an army battle.

Keep that in mind next time you attempt to do something like this, and since you were a part of the event, and Creepy has added "Gone" to their name on the account, and because it seems you have the time to inform us that you can overlook said statement by Temo, then I believe you have the time to report it IC. ))

People had every right to jump in and stop it if they were in Tir at the time. The only reason it wasn't broadcasted as an all-out-attack in a post was:
1) nobody was openly supposed to have info of it besides those who discussed it
2) who is going to decide army action needs to be taken against two people under a disguise that hadn't been revealed (which is why I didn't qualify this for one of those army battles)?
3) this was supposed to be called as a normal RP without details to what it was about or where specifically it was taking place. Much like how folks go "RP here", "RP there"
4) people make up total crap reasons that make no sense in order to be there, like a certain few individuals whose names I won't give when the fighting for Emain had started out; and then same people throw a fit about it being unfair they can't participate when being unable to say anything besides something along the lines of "I'm magically just there to save the day". -_o
Oh yeah, and 5) This would imply that every attack on every building during an RP, be it accidental or not, would need to have a scheduled demolition date for unscheduled demolition? We really gotta take it that far?

As far as what happened after buildings started burning, or what EXACTLY happened during the whole thing so I can give my input on how things went VS how things had been planned in advance, I can't give yet. As I said, I was not available, this was not my idea/mission/whatever-you-wanna-call-it to begin with and I merely signed the go-ahead. I had told Xenny last night to post what happened before anything else happened, obviously he did not.

If he doesn't by the end of the day so this can be discussed, I'm going to say void the whole thing, Tir stands without question and everybody can go on with their happy little lives. If there's still problems afterward when it is posted, I'll offer the options of either redoing the whole thing at a later date or voiding it altogether and going with Plan B. >_> (ALWAYS have a Plan B...)
Temo
Temo
Burrito Bison

Back to top Go down

Post  Captincrunch Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:23 pm

Wait a sec. Isn't Plan B - "Kill everyone in sight" - ? Uhm, lets rephrase that - "Attempt to kill everyone in sight!" since there might be some opposition from the locals.

Anywho - if it was a legitimate story point instead of a RANDOM "The Village is burned to the ground" and the story creator did actually take into account things like NPC reactions and terrain effects then I have no objections.

Well, outside of it being a Guild Story event on the order of NEXON GMs dropping advanced monsters in Dunbarton Square. Twilit Tears - Page 14 396184

Note: If the church and certain other structures were razed to the ground then a certain person in white robes will be spotted going through the still smoking/glowing rubble.
Captincrunch
Captincrunch
Dragon
Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Temo Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:26 pm

[[Nah, Plan B is stick to Plan C. Very Happy]]

[[As far as that monster thing goes, I was surprised nobody took advantage of that and sadder I missed it. It woulda been hilarious. Rolling Eyes]]

[[Anyway, let's put this on hold til Xenny explains, or time for doing so expires. Please and thankya.]]
Temo
Temo
Burrito Bison

Back to top Go down

Post  Captincrunch Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:34 pm

[[ I was not on at the time or else Xenny and crew would have had a whole lot of issues with the locals. Caire spirit dungeon is literally around the corner. Enough hints from me. Time to storyboard the Xenny hunt. ]]
Captincrunch
Captincrunch
Dragon
Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  The Kerrins Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:12 pm

((You burn't Tir? Oh no, you have caught the attention of....the BOTS!!))
The Kerrins
The Kerrins
Sweet Tart Sucubus
Sweet Tart Sucubus

Back to top Go down

Post  Darian Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:58 pm

((Well, I for one felt that I was intentionally snubbed for this RP since Jabber and Xenny stalled for close to two hours while I was on and launching the attack within 10 minutes of me leaving. So, I'm going to have to throw down weight on Dell's side about 'involving the whole guild' in the RPs.

Also, I'm a little suspicious about some of the things I've heard about this attack. After all, from what I know of the situation, Xenny and Shin were able to assault Tir Chonail while they were outnumbered *and* overpowered by the PCs there (Dalvar, Crusade and Vayne, who were also *warned* that Tir would be a target since it's the only human settlement with A: Farms and B: No wall on the continent roughly 15 minutes before the attack began), use spells whose effective range is *way* within both eyesight and earshot, cover the *entire* village without being spotted, even though there's only one or two ways to get through Tir, without being challenged inside Tir at *all*. Not to mention that Liiam was suspicious of the two of them *personally* because Xenny dropped the magic word of 'Fenrir', told Liiam a lie (what he perceived as one) and because of what he'd heard from other PCs (not just Vayne) and Shin because Dal told Liiam that he ran the daycare which Liiam considers to be nothing more than a 'Dark Knight factory' based on the fact that Fenrir has used kids under ten as Dark Knights.

I mean, when Liiam and his team launched an attack on Emain, at night, with total surprise, from *within* the walls, used teleporting and sneak attacks to quiet guards we *still* got picked up on within the first few seconds and I thought that was well within reason. Tir the village of renowned warriors, who had just gotten threats from one of Fenrir's lackey (sorry Xeek!) to either join or be attacked and had two *very* powerful PCs (and a competent helper) on hand who had *also* been warned, was taken by surprise? I mean . . . Really?

Sure I'm a little miffed, personally, by being snubbed in order to reduce the numbers and power of the forces arrayed against them, but I can understand that from a tactical point of view. But doesn't a surprise attack need, I dunno, *surprise* in order to work? I wasn't there (obviously), but just *hearing* about it makes me want to call 'shenanigans' and get my broom. Unless there's something I'm missing and there were extra people involved in the assault, I'm kind of at a loss to understand how an entire village of veteran warriors and two of the most powerful PCs in the guild were taken by surprise when they've had a chance to get ready for *weeks* now. Not to mention the fact that Liiam told Dal, Vayne and Cru to watch the two of them *personally* while they were in Tir. Maybe Liiam needs new lackeys (sorry guys!) but that still leaves the whole village to deal with.))

Darian
Kosher Dill Troll
Kosher Dill Troll

Back to top Go down

Post  Zwei Freeheart Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:45 pm

Zwei,walk up to the castle gate, Lezarro stop him. Zwei turned to him staring into his blank eyes.

"Young man ask me what is it you want."

Zwei took a deep breath"I would like to join thr Tara army, if thats ok?"

Lezarro look puzzled yet Amused From what Zwei ask."Why,my boy,why join Tara you seem pretty young. Plus you look more care free then a hard cold fighter or anything."

Zwei took a other deep breath he begain to talk more clearly."My name is Zwei Freeheart,once a solider of emain. After the attack I was left badly hurt so I was lucky to get away. I come from a other world as well i'm a paladin."

Lezarro seemed more amused from what Zwei just said."Hmmmm a paladin, not many since the battle at Emain. Ok I will talk to the king about it for the mean time you just Relax."

Zwei noded his head walking off to look at the Beautiful city.

Last edited by Zwei Freeheart on Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

Zwei Freeheart
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Temo Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:55 pm

[[As I've said before Liiam, all this was taken into consideration; and I'm still waiting for a rundown and chat with Xenny/to null of this event by midnight if no response is given. As for "snubbing" you, they were trying to wait on me to get my butt home so they could have both of us present - me having to do overtime at the last minute did not help that. They tried, I tried, show had to go on before today, my apologies.]]

[[Please no more responses or complaints on this thread until the deadline (12:01 AM PDT, Thursday). Thankyou for your patience, please stand by.]]
Temo
Temo
Burrito Bison

Back to top Go down

Post  Temo Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:20 pm

[[*checks watch* ...right, so deadline is past due. Therefore due to lack of facts and understanding on the events that took place, the fire attack must be voided. I understand there was roleplay that happened during the aftermath and while requesting that be voided as well, will leave it up to the players to decide if they can come up with another reason for it happening. (Translation: I would like my kidnapped lackey back, kthnx. Razz)]]

[[In the future, I ask that all attacks on towns where heavy military action (such as the PVP battle scenario) would not be involved, be discussed with at least three mentors or council members beforehand. Preferably unbiased ones. Razz These attacks include, but are not limited to: sabotage (which was what this past incident was supposed to be and it DID go through three council members first, so there. D:< ), ambushes, massacres, destruction of major buildings and/or sites. These sort of things do not need to be scheduled, but at least one opposing (and capable - no using noobs for a loophole D:< ) person must be present to give an attempt to prevent/witness the event.]]
Temo
Temo
Burrito Bison

Back to top Go down

Post  Captincrunch Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:53 pm

[[ Okelee dokelee - Please update the sighting from - A guy in white robes was sifting through the still cooling embers - too - A guy in white robes was seen wandering about town. Seems to have quite an interest in the construction of the towns older buildings. Not unusual in itself but both the chickens and the foxes run away from him.]]
Captincrunch
Captincrunch
Dragon
Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Dellinger Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:08 am

(( As well, Random Bandits #s 300198, 120938, and 20934 were not burned to death.
Thank you for your time. alien ))
Dellinger
Dellinger
Dragon
Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 23 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 18 ... 23  Next

Permissions in this forum: