Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Member - Samuels

5 posters

Go down

New Member - Samuels Empty New Member - Samuels

Post  Samuels Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:21 pm

Character Name: Samuels

How You Heard About The RP Society:
I was standing near a small pack of members and watched what they were doing. Role playing has always been a major part of my life, taking on another persona and such, seeing a group that was ACTUALLY role playing made my day and I kinda joined in a little. I went on sabbatical and came back so now I'd like to join up if you have the room. I also enjoy complete sentences and proper spelling.

How Long Have You Been Roleplaying?:
Since I was old enough to pretend. I've always loved Dungeon Crawlers and Final Fantasy style games. I like stories, I like to read and I like to throw in a good plot twist every now and again.

Is English Your First Language?
Yes, but I'd like to become multilingual.

A Short Biography Of Your Character:
I don't really remember much of my early childhood. Does that seem odd? People tell me it does. I've gotten plenty of odd looks from people when things just seem to happen around me, things I have no logical explanation for. At least, not yet. I always seem to be followed by this sense of deja vu, which isn't in itself odd except that I don't normally realize the event has already taken place until an hour or so later. There is something about the world around me that just feels "manufactured." I've always felt as though I belong somewhere else. At first I thought that perhaps I simply need to find a new place to live but in all my travels no place has ever felt as though I belonged. Recently I have discovered rumors of a race that is not from Erinn at all and possibly not even from this dimension. "Milletians" as they are called are beings from another world trapped in this one, whether they are aware of the origin of their souls or not I believe that this may very well explain who or what I truly am.

For now, or for as long as my soul remains here, I intend to find others like myself and learn as much as I can about what powers seem to be granted to us that are not given to those who surround us. I intend to learn everything I can about this strange group of misplaced souls and our purpose for being here.

What type of character do you play?
I'm a potion maker but I like having titles and such. Right now I'm trying to get Seduced a Succubus; reach level 40; and get the Wise title. I mostly like making potions but not even to sell. I either make them for me or give them away en mass to friends and such. I tend to make enough money from selling my Advance Play items that I really don't need to sell my potions so I give them away more often than not because I don't dungeon unless I need to level and I can get most herbs from my pig and gnu now. I like to tag along but trust me, I take dying in this game too seriously. I run like a coward from battles that will likely get me killed and I'll hang back and either windmill enemies away from an archer or heal someone who is doing or taking heavy damage. I've also managed to tick off plenty of people by using potions in a fight. My reasoning: I'm a potion maker taking on a fighter, I'm only using the skills I have versus the ones you have, do you get mad at an archer who can fletch his own arrows?

What is your Mabinogi schedule?
Random, I mostly work nights so I either game in the morning before work which has heavy time limits since I absolutely have to leave for work and I try to game at night after work but most people are asleep around 11PM so I can often be found gathering herbs in the Grocery in Tir. You may have to message me a few times because my screen is reduced while I click to get herbs I'm either listening to music, watching a movie or reading a book.

Samuels
RPS Recruit

Back to top Go down

New Member - Samuels Empty Nice.

Post  Kayeori Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:10 am

A very interesting approach to our application process. I can't remember too many members who actually responded from their chars point of view. Most Apps are just of the player telling the char's story. Very nice job! This one gets the Kaye stamp of approval!
Kayeori
Kayeori
Dessert Dragon
Dessert Dragon

http://www.tumblr.com/blog/v0te4pi3

Back to top Go down

New Member - Samuels Empty Re: New Member - Samuels

Post  Samuels Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:53 am

Much in the ways of thanks my dear, I enjoyed writing it. I role play more than I do anything else it seems, that is if you count constant levels of day dreaming as roleplaying.

*pokes at the large stamp on his forehead*

Is this a permanent thing or does it wash off with a special soap?

Samuels
RPS Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post  The Kerrins Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:48 am

Most of the time people save the first person for their character bios, but I like the way this one sounds.

I am also a big potion drinker, to the point where I have created a character who cannot be the target of a healing spell(Well she can, but it's not a good idea....i digress)

Good luck, and I hope you hear a third approval
The Kerrins
The Kerrins
Sweet Tart Sucubus
Sweet Tart Sucubus

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenelm Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:46 am

Here's the third! Razz
Kenelm
Kenelm
Mentor
Mentor

Location : Dallas-Fort Worth metro, Texas, United States, GMT-6

Back to top Go down

Post  Samuels Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:27 am

Hi Kenelm

I've heard a lot about you from your team mates, apparently you have the ability to stay in character as well as I do. Haven't been this excited since I became a Jedi. Can't wait to come home tonight and play now.

Samuels
RPS Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post  Captincrunch Wed Jul 08, 2009 6:37 pm

Shocked ...... Shocked Um. .... Shocked ..... *is at a loss for words. A rare occurrence I know*

*throws his hands up in the air.* OK, OK, welcome to the guild already. cheers

Captincrunch
Captincrunch
Dragon
Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Samuels Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:49 am

I feel loved now Razz

Okay so here's the deal. Today I ended up totally stressed out from real world drama going on in my head so my friend kidnapped me (interesting story that, ask me about it some time) and so today got absorbed. Tomorrow I'm going to be out with friends for most of the day and I work Friday evening and Saturday morning ao either Thursday/Friday morning or Saturday evening will be a good time to get a hold of me.

Also, I very much enjoyed reading the writing tips. Reminds me so much of all the things I've been yelling at people for so many years.

Samuels
RPS Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post  The Kerrins Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:31 am

Yeah, I know the feeling, godmoding has been annoying to me in the past
But for today, welcome to the guild!!

And Kaye, nice new image you got there
The Kerrins
The Kerrins
Sweet Tart Sucubus
Sweet Tart Sucubus