Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Challen- I mean MEMBER! Rayleonard

+7
Mari Eir
Dalvar
Glaceon
Kenelm
Soifa
Adhamh
Yifan
11 posters

Go down

New Challen- I mean MEMBER! Rayleonard Empty New Challen- I mean MEMBER! Rayleonard

Post  Yifan Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:55 pm

Character Name: Rayleonard (pronounced exactly how it looks like)

How You Heard About The RP Society: Friends, and I've worked/played with you guys before

How Long Have You Been Roleplaying? ~1 years (on and off)

Is English Your First Language? No, but I've been speaking english for 10 years...

A Short Biography Of Your Character:

"I don't remember how it came to this, what fragments of my memories that come are all but unusable. The experiments that were done, the surgeries that were performed, and the flow of mana forcefully directed into me have all but blended together. How long have I been here? Who are these people that keep appearing in my dreams? How many times have I slipped in and out of consciousness? As I felt around (with the room that I have) to escape my shackles, I heard languages that I have never heard before coming closer. Not wanting to announce my presence just yet, I did my best to stay still and to avoid attention. With just a silver of opening in my eyelids for me to look through, I see 2 figures, thanks to some unknown light source, one that's cloaked in black with what appears to be wings, and another cloaked in red robes tied at the waist with an intricately patterned belt. Although I know not what was spoken at the time, the tone in which whichever subject was discussed did not sit with me very well. After some time, the two figures simply disappeared, I immediately attempted to feel my current constraints, as luck would have it, I easily found the weakest structural point in my shackles, shattered the restraints, and attempted to get to the bottom of this..."

that's basically what the beginning of Rayleonard's story, the body of the character was made by the fomors to combat the militians that have somehow kept the fomors plans from succeeding. Because of this, using a local noble as a scapegoat, the fomors conducted brutal experiments on the captured lord, and through the excessive mana stabilization, surgeries, and different experiments, the noble’s original memories were all but destroyed, but luckily, the personality of the man remains. After escaping from the experiments, the noble took on the identity of Rayleonard, and happened upon the reliable people society…

(this is all that I can think of now, I'll probably and come back to further edit this)

What type of character do you play? the easy going, aloof homunculus. Can and will be very serious should the situation deem it necessary.

What is your Mabinogi schedule? That'll have to depend on what my workload is, but I'll try to get on at least everyday

edit: FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU thank you Adhamh for telling me I posted it at the wrong place....*headdesk* I feel dumb now Sad

edit 2: updated the character bio, hopefully this satisfy all requirements now? D:

Last edited by Yifan on Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Yifan
Yifan
Frenetic Fuzzy Fox
Frenetic Fuzzy Fox

Back to top Go down

New Challen- I mean MEMBER! Rayleonard Empty Re: New Challen- I mean MEMBER! Rayleonard

Post  Adhamh Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:58 pm

o7 No problem. I'll alert the clean-up crew of the other thread. *Goes to bother pink people*
Adhamh
Adhamh
Cromm Crunch
Cromm Crunch

Location : Anywhere, everywhere, and nowhere all at the same time.

Back to top Go down

New Challen- I mean MEMBER! Rayleonard Empty Re: New Challen- I mean MEMBER! Rayleonard

Post  Soifa Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:33 pm

I'm honestly not quite sure what to think.

I do love the intro, very nice...however..outside of FEC1, no one has been allowed to control anything involving Glas Ghaibleann, as well as the fact that rituals involving souls are typically not allowed.

I'm sure one of the others could expand more upon this.

1: FEC, Fenrir Eir Clause. Must be enacted in order to gain higher powers for use in a major plot only, and ends with the main character of the plot, typically the villain, dying permanently.
Soifa
Soifa
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Yifan Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:44 pm

understood, I will start on the revision when I have time x x; (hopefully soon)

and I'm sorry for infringing on some of the subtle rules, :X
Yifan
Yifan
Frenetic Fuzzy Fox
Frenetic Fuzzy Fox

Back to top Go down

Post  Soifa Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:11 pm

It's perfectly alright. While we DO have the FEC and such things, they're not really public yet. I believe revisions are being made and such, y'know?

Pardon our dust. ^^
Soifa
Soifa
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Yifan Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:56 pm

so yeah, the update is in place already, I just hope nothing else goes against y'all's code :X
Yifan
Yifan
Frenetic Fuzzy Fox
Frenetic Fuzzy Fox

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenelm Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:35 pm

The update should get you through the first phase. It's a nice read, by the way.
Kenelm
Kenelm
Mentor
Mentor

Location : Dallas-Fort Worth metro, Texas, United States, GMT-6

Back to top Go down

Post  Glaceon Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:40 pm

From reading, it looks nice, but there are some questionable things in there. I'll wait for a pink name to come and look at it.
Glaceon
Glaceon
Glas Ghoblehht
Glas Ghoblehht

Back to top Go down

Post  Dalvar Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:34 pm

You want to play a Homunculus?
I'm leave it to the alchemy gurus to say most things, but have you looked at this?
Dalvar
Dalvar
Councilor
Councilor

http://Dalvar.Deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Yifan Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:02 pm

alright, after a couple of pointers (thanks to ethice and cyler) and research, I think I should clarify some point in my character:

1) Rayleonard (hereby referred to as leon) will not be completely created from scratch, although he is still categorized as a homunculus (per the homunculus race template), he was still living before the fomors had done all of these experiments on him and turned him into....this...thing.

2) Because of the circumstances that he was created in, leon would suffer the consequence of excessive mana stabilization (per discussed in the original post), though this would not mean he will die should all of his mana burns away (or used, depending), instead, he would be unconscious.

3) Although it is true that he is created through a slightly difference process, leon will still be weakened should he be separated from the dark erg, although this would happen at a much slower rate.

4) Leon IS not a militian, therefore CAN permanently die! He is however, a lot tougher than your regular homunculus.

hopefully this clears things up a bit? I would like to join in on the festivities asap 8D
Yifan
Yifan
Frenetic Fuzzy Fox
Frenetic Fuzzy Fox

Back to top Go down

Post  Mari Eir Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:40 pm

Ehh.. I want to say wait until you finish Mentoring to request this race.. But we also have another Homunculus that was not created from scratch and just sort of exists so it's not as big a deal. I'm actually on the fence about this one. I'll let the others decide.

Since you have me added, feel free to chat me about it, though.
Mari Eir
Mari Eir
Viking
Viking

Back to top Go down

Post  Adhamh Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:00 pm

Considering the activity rate of those with the power to approve on this site, leaving it to the others to decide won't accomplish much. If you guys continue to say "I'll let the others say something" or something to that effect, you're gonna run out of people. :l
Adhamh
Adhamh
Cromm Crunch
Cromm Crunch

Location : Anywhere, everywhere, and nowhere all at the same time.

Back to top Go down

Post  Teoxihuitl Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:02 pm

Im fine with it.
Teoxihuitl
Teoxihuitl
Sweet Tart Sucubus
Sweet Tart Sucubus

Back to top Go down

Post  Vayne Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:04 pm

I don't like it, myself. I think you should hold on this homunculus until you've spoken more with Mari and also completed mentoring. Maybe try with another character for now and put this one on reserve?
Vayne
Vayne
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Soifa Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:09 pm

I'd rather continue the discussion I was having with the recruit via PM before approving or disapproving.
Soifa
Soifa
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Yifan Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:47 pm

So I've been waiting for a while for at least some sort of approval, whether it's mentoring programs, tests, or even just test RP sessions. I hope this matter can be resolved fairly quickly Very Happy'
Yifan
Yifan
Frenetic Fuzzy Fox
Frenetic Fuzzy Fox

Back to top Go down

Post  Dalvar Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:09 pm

I'm fine with approving you in to the guild.
Your character might need a little work because of being a homunculus.

But other than that?
Approved.
Dalvar
Dalvar
Councilor
Councilor

Back to top Go down

Post  Yifan Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:57 pm

Dalvar wrote:I'm fine with approving you in to the guild.
Your character might need a little work because of being a homunculus.

But other than that?
Approved.

thank you very much Very Happy I was given the the advice that I play my character before he was turned into a homonculus. I was wondering if there would be a conflict regarding changing characters?
Yifan
Yifan
Frenetic Fuzzy Fox
Frenetic Fuzzy Fox

Back to top Go down

Post  Dalvar Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:05 pm

Not at all. Just put up a new bio for the character you want to play.
Dalvar
Dalvar
Councilor
Councilor

Back to top Go down

Post  Dellinger Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:28 pm

If I can ask: Did the discussion with Soifa ever happen?
Dellinger
Dellinger
Dragon
Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Soifa Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:29 pm

All good. Same as Dal said, and I approve.
Soifa
Soifa
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Dellinger Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:11 am

With Soifa's 'all clear,' approved. o7

"I can almost hear the hounds..." -refer to the other recently accepted member's post."
Dellinger
Dellinger
Dragon
Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Auramune Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:47 am

Added in the guild.
Auramune
Auramune
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Yifan Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:41 pm

Auramune wrote:Added in the guild.

woo! thankies Very Happy
Yifan
Yifan
Frenetic Fuzzy Fox
Frenetic Fuzzy Fox

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down