Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Retsuno Eir and the Fountain of Hipsters

+2
Xeek
Temo
6 posters

Go down

Retsuno Eir and the Fountain of Hipsters Empty Retsuno Eir and the Fountain of Hipsters

Post  Temo Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:32 am

Bwaaaah, can't believe I'm doing this again. ;A;

Character Name Retsuno Eir
Race Tuathan
IC Skill Name: Fountain of Youth
Power Class: Item/Regenerative
OOC Representation: Character's body? (Or at least he's always supposed to look 14. I can't get age pots or RBs for that ALL the time. :T)
Description: One of Retsu's many adventures in his younger days, back when he actually was 14, he came across a golem in a corner of Karu dungeon who was protecting an artifact known as the Fountain of Youth. (Which was practically the same as any other fountain you'd see in a dungeon, really.) In all honesty, he'd only wanted to take a peek without actually drinking from it; but there was a little incident involving the guardian accidentally knocking him into it when attacking and...well...that's how it happened. As for the fountain, Ternock and Retsu soon discovered the golem was linked to it in a way that when it crumbled, so did the fountain, which made the whole trip a bust save for the adventure, and Retsu's unfortunate "immortality".

Basically, the Fountain of Youth was one of those "eternal life" miracles. I could write a whole essay on how it came to be; but that would perhaps be taking this a little too far. If going into the simple biology behind it though, it does a bunch of mumbo-jumbo to constantly revive and rejuvenate aging cells and keeps the body from aging as quickly as it normally would. This doesn't make Retsu live forever, but slows his aging to a turtle's crawl.

Explain relation: Basically, my excuse for why he, a Tuathan, is still so young when others seem to age weekly, monthly, whatever. I think I'm like...the only one that does it annually. I just felt like I needed some written thing for the sake of whatever continuity there was on that. Given it does seem to others like he hasn't aged much in ever anyways, not really much of a change. Just a backstory to why. :T
Notes: This only slows Retsu's age; and he is still mortal. It may take him forever to pass due to natural aging, but if he does through other causes - such as illness, poison, stabbies, beheading, etc. - he still dies for good.
Level: 0
Temo
Temo
Burrito Bison

http://pineappleyoshi.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Retsuno Eir and the Fountain of Hipsters Empty Re: Retsuno Eir and the Fountain of Hipsters

Post  Xeek Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:44 am

My only issue is... what is a golem doing in Karu forest? O_o
Xeek
Xeek
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Retsuno Eir and the Fountain of Hipsters Empty Re: Retsuno Eir and the Fountain of Hipsters

Post  Temo Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:52 am

Just back story. If it helps any, I'll call it a statue spider/hound/whatever. They're pretty much the same thing. :V Giant stone living statues with a chip on their shoulder. (lololol pun)
Temo
Temo
Burrito Bison

Back to top Go down

Post  Soifa Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:56 am

So..basically you're putting a mystical, immortality granting fountain in Karu?
Soifa
Soifa
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Temo Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:50 pm

And taking it out at the same time. One of those rare little things that was used once and then the effects are no longer accessible. Much like how normal IG fountains work...except this one was also destroyed. :I

I wondered if this may have been a borderline FEC, seeing how it worked and would've been broken by the end of it; but it's not exactly a major, game-breaking mechanic or something that's going to take the entire guild by storm, right?
Temo
Temo
Burrito Bison

Back to top Go down

Post  Soifa Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:54 pm

I guess I personally don't have a problem with it, but I dunno. I just hope it doesn't turn into a big thing.

So whatever. Approval for now.
Soifa
Soifa
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Temo Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:05 pm

That was pretty much why I made sure to destroy it too, so it wouldn't get to be. silent

Far as everything else goes, Retsu's just the same as always. As I said, this was just an excuse to keep him from aging weekly as a Tuathan. I've never been comfortable with that, especially when there's so much development missed out on in those cases...cannot compact a year of growing into a week or month, so sorry my brain and activity does not work that way. x_x;
Temo
Temo
Burrito Bison

Back to top Go down

Post  Mithos Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:07 pm

Temo wrote:Explain relation: Basically, my excuse for why he, a Tuathan, is still so young when others seem to age weekly, monthly, whatever. I think I'm like...the only one that does it annually. I just felt like I needed some written thing for the sake of whatever continuity there was on that. Given it does seem to others like he hasn't aged much in ever anyways, not really much of a change. Just a backstory to why. :T

I don't get it. Especially the underlined-italic'd part.

Tuathan are supposed to age annually. ._. The new Tuatha children just age fast up to a certain adolescent age before starting aging annually (Makes more sense with a Milletian parent). I mean, I'm sure you haven't had that character for 14 years >.>; But yeah... That power seems kind of pointless since that long aging process is a given while playing a Tuatha character.
Also when you say you think you're the only one who does it, well... I don't think everyone can afford age potions every week, so maybe seeing the characters be super tall just feels weird when they're supposed to be 13-15 >>;

I don't know. I just feel it's kind of redundant since Tuathas age annually anyway.
Mithos
Mithos
Mentor
Mentor

Back to top Go down

Post  Temo Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:08 pm

Mithos wrote:
Temo wrote:Explain relation: Basically, my excuse for why he, a Tuathan, is still so young when others seem to age weekly, monthly, whatever. I think I'm like...the only one that does it annually. I just felt like I needed some written thing for the sake of whatever continuity there was on that. Given it does seem to others like he hasn't aged much in ever anyways, not really much of a change. Just a backstory to why. :T

I don't get it. Especially the underlined-italic'd part.

Tuathan are supposed to age annually. ._. The new Tuatha children just age fast up to a certain adolescent age before starting aging annually (Makes more sense with a Milletian parent). I mean, I'm sure you haven't had that character for 14 years >.>; But yeah... That power seems kind of pointless since that long aging process is a given while playing a Tuatha character.
Also when you say you think you're the only one who does it, well... I don't think everyone can afford age potions every week, so maybe seeing the characters be super tall just feels weird when they're supposed to be 13-15 >>;

I don't know. I just feel it's kind of redundant since Tuathas age annually anyway.

Because from what I gathered in examining other players' characters, the majority's idea of an annual year for a Tuathan is just a week (regardless of their parents). For others, it's a month. As I said, I can't do that, so even if redundant to be posting here, I'm doing this just to be sure I can justify it in some way should the question, "You were born before/around the same time I was, how the hell did I get so much older than you?" come up.
Temo
Temo
Burrito Bison

Back to top Go down

Post  Mithos Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:20 pm

Alright then. I'll approve.
EventhougheveryTuathacharactershouldageanually.Whydopeoplenotdothat?
Mithos
Mithos
Mentor
Mentor

Back to top Go down

Post  Temo Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:51 pm

Mithos wrote:Alright then. I'll approve.

Idunnoman,Ijustdon'tknow. ;_;
Temo
Temo
Burrito Bison

Back to top Go down

Post  Auramune Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:11 pm

Temo wrote:

Spoiler:

Anyway, why not just have him guzzle age potions IC? He doesn't have to admit to it, or he can even be like "oh idk why I just never age."

This actually gives me a really good idea. :3
Auramune
Auramune
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Xeek Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:51 pm

Temo wrote:Just back story. If it helps any, I'll call it a statue spider/hound/whatever. They're pretty much the same thing. :V Giant stone living statues with a chip on their shoulder. (lololol pun)

I was totally kidding about that XD
Xeek
Xeek
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Temo Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:07 pm

Auramune wrote:
Temo wrote:

Spoiler:

Anyway, why not just have him guzzle age potions IC? He doesn't have to admit to it, or he can even be like "oh idk why I just never age."

This actually gives me a really good idea. :3

I'd rather not, because having him guzzle potions every week/"year" doesn't really feel like it'd have the same affect. Somebody doing that would still possibly die within a (real) year if going by the current aging thing (which also means Retsu should technically have died of old age himself by now). Or be an old fogey by the end of it and probably not going to live through the next just by age alone. So I think I'll stick to this option if it's alright with everyone else. xD;
Temo
Temo
Burrito Bison

Back to top Go down

Post  Glaceon Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:10 pm

I do what I think Soifa said. My Tuathan Elf, Ninian, stopped aging. I think I started her at 12, and it's been about 2 years maybe? My children I age to a certain point then have them stop aging. Like Isold aged to about 20 and stopped. Anyways, that's just me. Yes they age slowly, if at all (it's been some RL years since Mabi itself came out), and I kinda like to have it that way.

Also....imagination. It exists.
Glaceon
Glaceon
Glas Ghoblehht
Glas Ghoblehht

Back to top Go down

Post  Temo Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:05 pm

Well, I'm using imagination here. And now this is starting to become random conversation and repeats of stuff on the subject when I'm just needing one more approval so...anybody else? Yays? Nays? o3o;
Temo
Temo
Burrito Bison

Back to top Go down

Post  Temo Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:11 am

Moving this to Blue Bin. Been decided there is going to be a lifetime of RP and questing for an adventure on this. AAAAADVENTUUUURE~!
Temo
Temo
Burrito Bison

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down