Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Member - Azyl

+4
Adhamh
Kenelm
Auramune
Azyl
8 posters

Go down

New Member - Azyl Empty New Member - Azyl

Post  Azyl Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:38 pm

Character Name: Azyl Doreau

How You Heard About The RP Society: I recently came back to Mabinogi and found out some friends played on Tarlach. They weren't very active, but they would once a week maybe. I got tired of playing by myself, so I went looking for a good ol' fashion RP guild to have fun and socialize in.

How Long Have You Been Roleplaying?: I would say six years, mainly on text-based RP's. I've had very few instances where I've RP'ed in a game but those few instances were very enjoyable, save the frenzied in-battle RP's.

Is English Your First Language?: As far as I'm concerned, yes... unless some secret knowledge is hiding in my dome piece.

A Short Biography Of Your Character: *Azyl Doreau, a Milletian without purpose, found himself sprawled on the grass, his eyes glaring up at a midnight sky. His past was filled with bloodshed. What family he had was put to the Fomorian blade. They fought for a false paradise they called Erinn, one that spoke of a place without death and illness. Following his father's footsteps, Azyl grew up from his orphan past as a soldier for Pontiff's Court, perhaps a direct result to his future plans of becoming a hired blade. Azyl surpassed the rank of his father, although this celebration was short-lived. Azyl's hometown, whose name he cannot recall, was attacked by a legion of gnolls. To aid the defense, Azyl and his men disregarded orders from the Court and marched to reinforce the town. For a fortnight, Azyl's men were picked off one by one as the same with the town's militia. The last line of defense persisted of nothing but benches forced against a door and a handful of armed men fighting against an army still a hundred strong. Failing to survive, Azyl found himself reborn as a child in the streets of Tara. From there, he lived as a child beggar, often stealing and taking whatever he could to survive. His memories of the past life are gone, and a new life awaited him.

Azyl ran away from his home in Tara, away from the Patricians who disregarded the poor and mocked them in their misery. Since then, he has grown a hatred for a specific type of wealth, one that brought ignorance and greed. His respect is easily earned by kindness and generosity, but his trust is earned by something more intimate: He can trust someone if they trust him with their life. It is a loose type of trust that usually solidifies itself after a few engagements in battle, assuming that whoever wants Azyl's trust is on his side.

He runs his little own trading cart as a means of survival and income, although, he knows that he wants to be rich like the Patricians. However, he doesn't want to fall into the pitfall of endless spending to appease an infinite amount of wants. He'll take what he wants and give back when he can. He knows that most likely, he'll become indebted to someone and he plans to repay the favor tenfold in the future, whether it is by assisting with some sort of adventure or passing along a few gold pieces here and there.

Although he seems like a merchant, he is far from it. Trading is a good source of money. What really excites him is combat. He plans to become a soldier or a mercenary, but not the average sellsword. He often hears tales of Lugh Lavada and the fight against the Dark Knights. Don't mistake him for the hero type. He could easily give in to the temptations of a Dark Knight, especially with the growing hatred of politics and bureaucracy. Too much corruption is about and he believes that being a guiding light won't stop corrupt officials from spreading. Azyl believes it takes a mount and blade to reveal the corruption and stomp on its origins. Azyl believes that the root of corruption lies at the pockets of the Patricians.

What type of character do you play?: I'm making Azyl an agile melee combatant, using knuckles and dual swords interchangeably with more focus on knuckles. Since he focuses on speed, he is lacking in defense prowess, but he makes use of tumbling back and using a charged fist or a charging strike to counter an enemy's attack. Don't expect Azyl to tank, but expect him to move around a lot. I don't usually stick with one archetype, but I usually play as a ranged physical attacker, a tank, or a melee physical attacker.

What is your Mabinogi schedule?: I'm usually on every day, but the length of game play is varied. If nothing exciting happens or if I have no goal to accomplish, then I'm usually on for an hour or two to get some ducats built up.

Last edited by Azyl on Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:12 pm; edited 2 times in total

Azyl
Frenetic Fuzzy Fox
Frenetic Fuzzy Fox

Back to top Go down

New Member - Azyl Empty Re: New Member - Azyl

Post  Auramune Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:13 pm

I liked the bio ^w^. But it doesn't specify if your character is an Erinn born, or a Milletian. If your character was born in Erinn, they are a mortal. Which means if they die in an RP, they are dead forever. Milletian characters are immortal, with a 3-day(real life) respawn timer if they are killed in an RP.
Auramune
Auramune
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Azyl Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:23 pm

All righty, I designated Azyl as a Milletian. For future reference, I'm going to show edits with asterisks. Would you be mad if I said I'm just too lazy to bold it? Very Happy?

Azyl
Frenetic Fuzzy Fox
Frenetic Fuzzy Fox

Back to top Go down

Post  Auramune Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:50 pm

Nawh, it's ok xD.

If you haven't already, make sure you apply at the guild stone and after 3 color-name people approve it, you can be let in.

Curious, do you have any information pre-erinn? Where he came from, how he died, stuff like that?
Auramune
Auramune
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenelm Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:31 pm

There's plenty of story to get you in the door.
Kenelm
Kenelm
Mentor
Mentor

Location : Dallas-Fort Worth metro, Texas, United States, GMT-6

Back to top Go down

Post  Azyl Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:50 pm

I would like to say I'm still polishing the character since it's not really 'complete' or 'developed'. It's somewhat based off a character that I'm currently making.

Azyl
Frenetic Fuzzy Fox
Frenetic Fuzzy Fox

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:57 pm

In progress characters are amazing, they grow so much.

Approval.

Back to top Go down

Post  Azyl Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:07 pm

I remember when they were wee little babies... T_T Time flies so fast.

Azyl
Frenetic Fuzzy Fox
Frenetic Fuzzy Fox

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:17 pm

Doesn't it? -insert nostalgic sigh here-

Back to top Go down

Post  Azyl Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:23 am

What would be an accurate description of the guild's most active hours? I don't mind if you put your region's time zone, I'll figure that out myself if that's too much of a hassle. Seeing as how I'm neither part of the guild or the forums yet, this seems the only place I have to ask. T_T

Azyl
Frenetic Fuzzy Fox
Frenetic Fuzzy Fox

Back to top Go down

Post  Adhamh Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:25 am

I'm quite pleased by the guild's latest influx of applications. ^_^ Yours was a pleasure to read.

As for your question, I'd say any time after 3-4pm PST?
Adhamh
Adhamh
Cromm Crunch
Cromm Crunch

Location : Anywhere, everywhere, and nowhere all at the same time.

Back to top Go down

Post  Dellinger Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:28 am

Simply put, approved.

-bows-
Dellinger
Dellinger
Dragon
Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Vayne Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:56 am

Prov'd.
Vayne
Vayne
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Azyl Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:27 am

[Logged on Mabinogi for at least one trade run before heading off to school.] I look forward to meeting you guys on the trading trail. Maybe we can have a caravan sometime. Assuming... things don't get too hectic too fast.

Azyl
Frenetic Fuzzy Fox
Frenetic Fuzzy Fox

Back to top Go down

Post  Dellinger Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:38 pm

You love trading? Boy would you love a certain organization by the name of the-

*is shot*
Dellinger
Dellinger
Dragon
Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Glaceon Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:43 pm

Why the hell isn't this moved to approved registrations? LAZY COUNCIL.
Glaceon
Glaceon
Glas Ghoblehht
Glas Ghoblehht

Back to top Go down

Post  Dalvar Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:42 am

Has he been accepted in to the guild?
Like, has Jabber/Aura pushed the button in the game, I mean.
Usually it's moved once that's happened.
Dalvar
Dalvar
Councilor
Councilor

http://Dalvar.Deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Adhamh Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:49 am

Yes, he's been in the guild for a few days now.
Adhamh
Adhamh
Cromm Crunch
Cromm Crunch

Location : Anywhere, everywhere, and nowhere all at the same time.

Back to top Go down

Post  Azyl Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:42 pm

Does this mean... I'm especially not special? Very Happy

Azyl
Frenetic Fuzzy Fox
Frenetic Fuzzy Fox

Back to top Go down

Post  Dalvar Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:28 pm

Yes
Dalvar