Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"Ebony", Glacia's Specially Smithed Sword.

4 posters

Go down

"Ebony", Glacia's Specially Smithed Sword. Empty "Ebony", Glacia's Specially Smithed Sword.

Post  Glaceon Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:25 pm

IC Item: Ebony
Power Class: Magical/Weapon
OOC Rep: Black Wakizashi

Description of Item: Ebony is Glacia's smithed Adamantium sword. Going into Barri Dungeon to mine just a few pieces, she took the metal to a blacksmith to have the sword created. The sword, being part adamantium, is capable of cutting through magical defenses, rendering tricks like mana shield useless. However, when the sword is out, any mana shield Glacia has up gets dispelled as well.

Relation: Well, it's Adamantium, and I thought having the metal in a sword would prove interesting.

Power LEvel: 1?

Not sure how much info would be needed. Umm, in a duel scenario...Not sure. Person would need to cancel Mana shield when the sword is out? The sword would have the same effect on Glacia for fairness in the PvP setting. It's still a WIP overall, just getting ideas.
Glaceon
Glaceon
Glas Ghoblehht
Glas Ghoblehht

Back to top Go down

"Ebony", Glacia's Specially Smithed Sword. Empty Re: "Ebony", Glacia's Specially Smithed Sword.

Post  Guest Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:48 pm

..WHY does it cut through magical defenses?

Back to top Go down

"Ebony", Glacia's Specially Smithed Sword. Empty Re: "Ebony", Glacia's Specially Smithed Sword.

Post  Glaceon Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:50 pm

The Embodiment of Destruction, Glas Ghaibhleann wrote: Adamantium is highly desirable metal, but its true worth is the fact that it nullifies all magic. In other words, swords made of Adamantium can break through any magical defense, as well as shields made of Adamantium can block any magic attack. Even when Adamantium is used partially, mixed with other regular steel, these effects are still shown.
Glaceon
Glaceon
Glas Ghoblehht
Glas Ghoblehht

Back to top Go down

Post  Xeek Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:23 pm

The problems I see with it, it would not only cut mana shield, but it can also completely nullify ALL magic spells. Meaning, she can CUT through a fireball, hailstorm, ice spear, ect.

And you don't really have a way to show it IC.

If the sword isn't full Adamantium, it will only be as useful as an upgraded shield.
Xeek
Xeek
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Adhamh Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:43 pm

I honestly find this an overpowered item, for the fact that it automatically nullifies any magic. :l
Adhamh
Adhamh
Cromm Crunch
Cromm Crunch

Location : Anywhere, everywhere, and nowhere all at the same time.

Back to top Go down

Post  Glaceon Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:58 pm

Actually Xeek, even if the sword isn't full adamantium, the effects still apply, given if the sword or shield is a decent percent Adamantium.

What this sword intends on doing is just slicing through mana shield really. Barely any adamantium was used, so the effect only nullifies the magical defenses, rather than a full effect. It's like 99% Silver/Gold/whatevermetal, 1% Adamantium.

And yes, it is -quite- powerful raw. I'm thinking I actually may pull this idea for an FEC arc.
Glaceon
Glaceon
Glas Ghoblehht
Glas Ghoblehht

Back to top Go down

Post  Xeek Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:04 pm

At one percent adamantium it wouldn't do anything.. Adamantium is already used in shields. Which is why it has a small dosage of activation.

Edit: Is not about how strong...just the representation.
*looks around like if hiding something*
Xeek
Xeek
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Auramune Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:52 pm

Making a power specifically to cut through a power seems a bit overpowered. Otherwise, we'll have people requesting powers to block powers that block other powers which block someone else's powers.

It auto-cancels out magic around, falling under the "god-XXXX" rule(not my terminology, but that's what it's posted as.)
What will not be permitted
-God-modding (ie: anything that will allow you to auto-hit, auto-dodge, auto-escape, auto-know, auto-perceive, auto-notice, auto-control, auto-heal, or anything else auto. This also includes anything that will make you god-like).
Auramune
Auramune
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:06 am

Glaceon wrote:
The Embodiment of Destruction, Glas Ghaibhleann wrote: Adamantium is highly desirable metal, but its true worth is the fact that it nullifies all magic. In other words, swords made of Adamantium can break through any magical defense, as well as shields made of Adamantium can block any magic attack. Even when Adamantium is used partially, mixed with other regular steel, these effects are still shown.

Glas has adamantium in him, yes?

Why did magic effect him when fighting him, then? Why didn't he have r3 MD or something? NPC speculation that might not be true?

Back to top Go down

Post  Xeek Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:53 am

Actually, while I do believe NPC speculation is off, Glas' is a little different.
Glas' can be recreated with adamantium, though his bones were not originally that way. When used adamantium, you must take an additional step.

However, this attribute of Adamantium actually serves as an obstacle when summoning Glas Ghaibhleann. Because the Adamantium nullifies magic, the magic to summon the Glas Ghaibhleann doesn't work as well. In order to overcome this, a sample that contains the knowledge of ancient magic is needed. Once you put the sample on the skeletal frame made of Adamantium, the ancient magic power seeps into the bones and amazingly, that Adamantiums natural attribute disappears and works as part of the summoning process. (This shows you what kind of creature Glas Ghaibhleann is).

IC-wise, the sword is fine, except for it being water down, so it won't be as consistent as glacia wants.
The main problem is representing it OOC-wise. Which is probably impossible as it is now.
Xeek
Xeek
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:23 am

Which is a major problem for me.

UNLESS it's in an FEC arc, I cannot approve something THIS overpowered as there is pretty much NO way to represent it. And if it's in an FEC arc? Then you request along with your FEC proposal.

Back to top Go down

Post  Glaceon Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:35 pm

Toss this in bluebin then. I'll look into it when/if I do an FEC.
Glaceon
Glaceon
Glas Ghoblehht
Glas Ghoblehht

Back to top Go down

Post  Auramune Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:44 am

I know glacia wants to bluebin this, But I wanted to state it for future references.

The book The Embodiment of Destruction, Glas Ghaibhleann details that the creature's bones are made of Adamantium, a metal that nullifies all magic used against it. However, not only Glas Ghaibhleann is not immune to magic, it possesses Mana Deflector of the lowest rank (level 1).

* This may be due to a special ingredient placed within the bone that removes the effects of Adamantium, as stated in the book.
Auramune
Auramune
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:35 am

Yeah, but there's still the rather major issue of...you can't show that. I don't think glacia had the ancient powder or whatever added, since it's just a sword, not a resurrection of grawrawrawr

I mean, if they had another ingredient added to the sword and Glacia could get some sort of MD going on, maybe, but it'd be a weak MD, and it wouldn't just nullify all magic evar, just weaken it.

Back to top Go down

Post  Xeek Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:59 am

Soifa Toten wrote:Yeah, but there's still the rather major issue of...you can't show that. I don't think glacia had the ancient powder or whatever added, since it's just a sword, not a resurrection of grawrawrawr

I mean, if they had another ingredient added to the sword and Glacia could get some sort of MD going on, maybe, but it'd be a weak MD, and it wouldn't just nullify all magic evar, just weaken it.

She can use evade to show the 'spells being broken'. But it wouldn't be strong enough to cut through MS. And there is a slight chance of the spells breaking when they hit the sword.
Xeek
Xeek
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:05 am

Plus, what about fastaction bolt spam? Evade isn't spammable like that or anything, and sometimes fails.

Back to top Go down

Post  Glaceon Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:14 am

If a bolt were to be aimed at the sword, the sword would block it. But that requires the sword to block it, and most the time bolts are tossed too fast to even block WITH a sword. Glacia has reflexes, but not that well against magic being sent in a straight course. And evade CAN fail. What Evade is basically is a roll to roll under the spell, but even then it fails. And honestly, the easiest way to show any MD, even a small bit, would be the magical clothing.

Another idea for blocking bolts would be Final Hit coupled with evade. But that's other things.

Reguardless, I -did- request this to be bluebinned, I'm curious why it hasn't been moved yet -looks at Soifa-
Glaceon
Glaceon
Glas Ghoblehht
Glas Ghoblehht

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down