Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hunter's hunting tools

+3
Glaceon
Auramune
Xeek
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Hunter's hunting tools Empty Hunter's hunting tools

Post  Xeek Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:37 pm

Name: Maximilian Hunter
Race: 'Modified' Incubi

IC Skill: Pheromone
Power Class: Enthralling
OOC Representation: IC Tool
Descriptions: Due to Hunter's special Incubi conditions, he releases certain pheromones that tend to make males dislike him and females like him.
Explain relation: IC tool~ It's played out
Note: This does not affect everyone, only those who wish to be affected OOC. This can also further be showed my by obtaining aggro from certain monsters, and enthralling/taming others.
Level: 2

IC Skill: Pheromone detection
Power Class: Sensory
OOC Representation: IC Tool
Descriptions: Hunter is able to pick up certain pheromones and identify them. While he can not guess who is coming from, he can follow the trace to the source. He is able to pick up pheromones from most animals, specially humanoids.
Explain relation: IC played out
Notes: N/a
Level: 2

IC Item: The Kissy
Item Class: Item
OOC Item: Arbalest
Description: The Kissy is a one-shot flintlock style gun-looking thing. It runs on gunpowder, and uses "SS" Bullets. The weapon specializes in good aiming in short distances. And OOC magnum shot would be an IC "aimed" critical, meaning the shot would be in vital parts. And OOC critical, would be an IC "Accidental" critical meaning the shot landed in a secondary vital part, like soft skin(no bone directly behind it) or previous wound. Magnum crit, well, you are unlucky aren't you?
Effects: Causing pain.
Notes: The gun itself is pretty fragile, so direct hits to the gun can jam it. The reason he can not run with the magnum is because he can not get a clear aim. The gun looks like the one below, but with a longer barrel. He can hold it one handed, but it'll be less accuracy, he needs two hands to reload.
G16s2: The gun will be upgraded to have a shot already loaded, allowing him to have it ready to fire.
Level: 1
OOC skill Archery skills.
Spoiler:

IC Item: Head Hunter V6
OOC Item: Wing bow, 2300distance.
Description: A long range gun, similar to the one above, though this gun used "HL", this gun specializes in taking enemies from afar. Magnum shot is the regular shot, crit is the same as an OOC crit, regular shot is a quick aimed shot but that hits at lower spots, like legs. The regular shots take longer to load and to aim.
Effects: Cause pain, from far.
Notes: Like the above, it can be used with one hand, though it's horribly inaccurate while used like that. It can also be clogged and jammed.
G16s2: The gun will be upgraded to have a shot already loaded, allowing him to have it ready to fire.
Level:1
OOC skill: Archery skills.
Spoiler:

IC Item: Sharp Shooters bullets. "SS"
OOC Item: Bolts
Description: Smaller bullets that fit on "The Kissy", they are small and roundish therefore they are easy to slide into parts of the body they can cause serious damage, specially to those who do not wear armor.
Effects: Cause damage, painfully.
Notes: While I know the bow is the one that has the crit, the gun can't work without bolts.
OOC Skill: Ranged attack

IC Item: Heavy Loud Bullets "HL"
OOC Item: Arrows
Description: A slightly heavier and longer bullet, build with more aerodynamics, these bullets are meant to be used with the Head Hunter. They can slide into unwanted parts due to the force, but don't as much as "SS"
Effects: Cause damage, painfully from far.
Notes: Same as the latter.
OOC Skill: Ranged Attack

IC Item: Hollow Bullets
OOC Item: Bolts/arrows
Description: A bullet that was hollowed for the purpose of support. They stun the enemies slightly, allowing friendlies to deliver a bigger punch. They come in HL and SS bullets.
Effects: Stun enemies to allow people to do better.
Notes: The skill used is Support shot.
OOC skill: Support shot

IC Item: Exploding Bullets
OOC Item: Arrows/bolts
Description: A bullet made very fragile. Since this bullet is fragile, running with it will shatter it. Since this bullet is so fragile, a light coating of mana has to be used when the bullet is loaded so it won't shatter. When it strikes, the bullet explodes, sending shards to near by enemies, sometimes it can bounce back to the original target. They come in HL and SS bullets.
Effects: Spread the love of damage.
Notes: Unlike the real crash shot, the shards don't track down targets, so it's possible to miss even if the other target is close by.
OOC skill: Crash shot.

IC Item: Poison bullet
OOC Item: Poison+ arrows/bolts
Description: A bullet filled with poison, though each hit is not guarantee to poison the target, they have a big chance. They come with SS and HL type. For HL the poison is in the tip, for SS the poison is inside the bullet, which has tiny spikes all around.
Effects: Cause pain, with poison
Notes: I will coat the bow/crossbow with poison before using them.

IC Skill Name: Dark Knight
Power Class: Transformation
OOC Representation:Dark Knight
Description: A Dark knight obtained by being a fomor. Unlike normal Dark knight, his is not a living armor, so it doesn't drain it. It just ends.
Explain relation: They are the same.
Notes: I will cancel it, if I am in a position I am unable to cancel, the damage lost is OOC. Since Hp is not determined by an IC factor.
Level: 0

IC Skill Name: Glide
Power Class: Fight: Low level
OOC Representation: Flying pets
Description: Although Hunter has wing, they aren't strong or big enough for him to fly. Instead he is able to glide down. Though, it makes his wings soar.
Explain relation: I can land with a pet safely.
Notes: Pretty much useless unless he is falling.
Level: 0

IC Skill Name: Incubi's rage.
Power Class: transformation
OOC Representation: Demi
Description: Hunter lets his anger get the better of him, using his anger to burst into an adrenaline boost. He able to use three dark attacks. A large wave of darkness, a shield of darkness, and a dark hold. Too much usage of any of these will deplete his energy, not allowing him to do either one. The adrenaline boost has a cool down due to the exertion of muscles.
Explain relation: Demi gives you a similar boost to an adrenaline rush.
Notes: Same rules as Demi, Morri skills and cichol powers.

Let the hate mail begin~

Last edited by Xeek on Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Xeek
Xeek
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Hunter's hunting tools Empty Re: Hunter's hunting tools

Post  Auramune Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:45 pm

The Kissy, eh? xD

Kysmet would be totally flattered.
Auramune
Auramune
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Xeek Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:50 pm

Auramune wrote:The Kissy, eh? xD

Kysmet would be totally flattered.

Until she breaks his heart Q_Q
Xeek
Xeek
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Glaceon Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:05 pm

With all the rolling and stuff being mentioned.....

For gun clogging/jamming...I think every set number of shots the gun should jam, or have a chance to jam up, the latter would require rolling, or a coin flip even.

Also, pretty sure Level 2 skills require them to work on monsters as well...soooo....might need a bit more OOC representation on those two skills....or putting what you have in the notes into the OOC representation. Also, for the tracking like one, is there a set amount of time before he loses the trail? Like if it takes to long or if the person is far gone. And what if the person uses a wing to escape, would he still be able to track or no?

For the guns OOC skills, maybe change them to Archery Skills, since Ranged Attack is a skill of it's own >>;;
Glaceon
Glaceon
Glas Ghoblehht
Glas Ghoblehht

Back to top Go down

Post  Xeek Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:17 pm

Glaceon wrote:With all the rolling and stuff being mentioned.....

For gun clogging/jamming...I think every set number of shots the gun should jam, or have a chance to jam up, the latter would require rolling, or a coin flip even.
I am not rolling for that... I will just jam it when I see hit. I have the powers to create cliches!

Also, pretty sure Level 2 skills require them to work on monsters as well...soooo....might need a bit more OOC representation on those two skills....or putting what you have in the notes into the OOC representation. Also, for the tracking like one, is there a set amount of time before he loses the trail? Like if it takes to long or if the person is far gone. And what if the person uses a wing to escape, would he still be able to track or no?

For a level 2 skill, it must have a somewhat similar effect on monsters. It's not a strong sense pulling all girls to love him or guys to hate him. So it can easily be overridden by him being an intruder and enemies wanting to kill him. Also, I can always tame/enthrall/CoD if I want to show a succubi(or similar) "likes him".

That was my mistake, he can't track them from far like Mariella's power. Basically, if someone near him is angry, he won't be able to place who it's from unless he follows the trail. But the person must be close (1000distance ingame). Also, he can keep following them (if the person is moving), but the scent fades every 1 real life minute. If they warp, he can not follow them at all.

For the guns OOC skills, maybe change them to Archery Skills, since Ranged Attack is a skill of it's own >>;;

I see what you mean xD
Xeek
Xeek
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Auramune Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:11 pm

Actually, if it's anything like Ralvery's arm-cylinder, Xeek is really good about having it jam up realistically. And even during some of the worst opportune times xD.
Auramune
Auramune
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Glaceon Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:33 pm

I have no call on that...just saying what might come up by a councillor. -shrug-

Also, no one else would know considering RPs with you two rarely happen. Like it's been said before, experience and intentions don't matter, it's the possibility that does.
Glaceon
Glaceon
Glas Ghoblehht
Glas Ghoblehht

Back to top Go down

Post  Xeek Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:39 pm

Glaceon wrote:I have no call on that...just saying what might come up by a councillor. -shrug-

Also, no one else would know considering RPs with you two rarely happen. Like it's been said before, experience and intentions don't matter, it's the possibility that does.

Rolling is a stupid made up rule. Until I see it formally written it's not worth anything no matter which councilor says it. This isn't DnD, some of us are capable of doing our own plots. And what next, shooting crossbows will require rolling because it has a success rate?
Xeek
Xeek
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Auramune Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:43 pm

That's not what I'm saying at all. I'm just giving a little insight on 'jamming' with another of Xeek's characters. Whether or not it has any effect on anything, doesn't really concern me xD.
Auramune
Auramune
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Vayne Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:27 pm

You know, I really DON'T have too much hate to give! Guns seem to have a taboo around here. But, honestly, if we have gunpowder, and fireworks, we have the capabilities for guns. I'm okay with early-age flintlocks and such, just be aware that loading those old guns was a real pain. Are you going to play to that, by any chance? Because early guns...well, while powerful, DID take a bit of effort to reload! I thought I saw something about that, but I'm just making sure you know that guns of that age were frequently reloaded.
Vayne
Vayne
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Adhamh Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:34 pm

Xeek wrote:
Glaceon wrote:I have no call on that...just saying what might come up by a councillor. -shrug-

Rolling is a stupid made up rule. Until I see it formally written it's not worth anything no matter which councilor says it. This isn't DnD, some of us are capable of doing our own plots. And what next, shooting crossbows will require rolling because it has a success rate?
Rolling being a rule is written down. o_O But it's for soul powers/conditions so I doubt it'd be applied to this.

But you question the rule's existence, so here's the link anyway: Here(It's at the bottom of the original post, under the 'Soul Powers' header) and More info on it here

But again, it's for soul-related abilities, so unless I misread, I doubt it'd have anything to do with this. Because if not, it'd mean we have to roll for everything (even if you're just punching a person).
Adhamh
Adhamh
Cromm Crunch
Cromm Crunch

Location : Anywhere, everywhere, and nowhere all at the same time.

Back to top Go down

Post  Xeek Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:51 pm

@Auron: Yeah, I am not speaking about soul powers(while I think that rule is stupid too) I am talking about rolling for things like: Enchanting, your transformation, and well.. guns.

@Vayne: Their reload speed probably won't compare to the one of an old gun, but neither does their damage. Though, keep in mind, direct shot from arrows, stabs from swords, and being struck by multiple lightning bolts can do the same, if not more, damage than a gun. And milliteans are proven to be able to survive through that.

Xeek
Xeek
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Adhamh Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:58 pm

Xeek wrote:@Auron: Yeah, I am not speaking about soul powers(while I think that rule is stupid too) I am talking about rolling for things like: Enchanting, your transformation, and well.. guns.
Well, that's your opinion, but it's a fair way to determine whether enchanting succeeds. My transformation was rolled for because of the special conditions of the power which I won't go into because it's not the place to do so. Also,
Adhamh wrote:so I doubt it'd be applied to this.
Adhamh wrote:I doubt it'd have anything to do with this.
I said it twice to make sure you saw it. I highly doubt the clogging/jamming probability of your guns would need to be rolled for.
Adhamh
Adhamh
Cromm Crunch
Cromm Crunch

Back to top Go down

Post  Xeek Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:02 pm

you "doubting" isn't being sure, and I was just being redundant.

Also, how is it a fair way to obtain something to have to get approvals for? Also, rolling for enchants is not in the rules, therefore, not needed. If the players wants to go with it, it's cool with me.
Xeek
Xeek
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Adhamh Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:12 pm

Xeek wrote:you "doubting" isn't being sure, and I was just being redundant.

Also, how is it a fair way to obtain something to have to get approvals for? Also, rolling for enchants is not in the rules, therefore, not needed. If the players wants to go with it, it's cool with me.

You're right. My doubts aren't sure.

Also, approvals are to confirm that the enchant is plausible and the rolling is to determine whether the enchant would succeed or not, which is COMPLETELY fair. I don't really see how it's not. Anyway, yeah, it isn't written in the rules. But just because something's not written in the rules.
Adhamh
Adhamh
Cromm Crunch
Cromm Crunch

Back to top Go down

Post  Xeek Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:16 pm

It's not fair because you are requesting a power a certain way. You don't request for a chance to learn a spell. It's the same thing as requesting an enchant. Just enchants have an OOC/IC success rate. That doesn't mean they should require rolling AFTER approval. Specially if you have a low success rate, you got your power approved, and you can't even use it?

Also, your last sentence?
Xeek
Xeek
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Adhamh Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:30 pm

That's because a spell doesn't have a success rate, whereas enchanting does. So no, it's not the same. As for my last sentence, I was trying to re-word it better and ended up forgetting to finish it. "But just because something's not written in the rules, it doesn't mean it's a bad idea."

Edit: As for the really low success rate, that makes sense. o_O You can't be stronger ICly than you are OOC. xD;; I'd assume that rule goes for ANY skills. Your enchanting success rate IC shouldn't be higher than your OOC rate.

Last edited by Adhamh on Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:33 pm; edited 2 times in total
Adhamh
Adhamh
Cromm Crunch
Cromm Crunch

Back to top Go down

Post  Vayne Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:31 pm

I suppose. I really don't have much to say on the matter. I am okay with this. I've always been open to the idea of old-school guns, just not the stuff people generally think when they think 'gun'.
Vayne
Vayne
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Xeek Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:42 pm

Adhamh wrote:That's because a spell doesn't have a success rate, whereas enchanting does. So no, it's not the same. As for my last sentence, I was trying to re-word it better and ended up forgetting to finish it. "But just because something's not written in the rules, it doesn't mean it's a bad idea."

Does that mean, every time we shoot an arrow we should roll a dice? Every time we use a skill, like evasion do we roll? Enthralling performance, Taming, heck even damage is done by rolling OOC. There is no reason why enchants should have to be rolled in a power request. How is it fair for a person who went through all the steps of power approval, and then has to roll to see if he gets to use his powers anyways?

Also, I never said it's a bad idea because it's not a rule.
I am saying it's a bad idea because of the above. And the fact that it is not a rule means it should not be forced on any player. And while councilors can suggest it, they need to let the player know that they do not have to. They can be Mariella, Soifa, My mom, Nexon, if the rule is not written down they can't just wave a magic wand because they feel like, or they think it's right. So, unless all the councilors(or the majority) of them agree, and the rule is placed the properly, it can be the best idea in the world, but it's not applied.
Eh dicho, CASO CERADO! (*joking*), but seriously, it's not a rule, it should not be imposed, unless the player, on their free will, agrees. Comma.
Xeek
Xeek
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Xeek Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:43 pm

Gracen Merit wrote:I suppose. I really don't have much to say on the matter. I am okay with this. I've always been open to the idea of old-school guns, just not the stuff people generally think when they think 'gun'.

Is this an approval?
Xeek
Xeek
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:51 pm

I have..no issues with this currently.

Approval until I decide I hate you.

Back to top Go down

Post  Auramune Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:53 pm

You guys totally derailed the thread xD.
Auramune
Auramune
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:54 pm

AND I'M PUTTING IT BACK.

So hush.

Back to top Go down

Post  Vayne Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:23 am