Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The first big Performance. (Archive)

3 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The first big Performance. (Archive) Empty The first big Performance. (Archive)

Post  Glaceon Sun Jan 01, 2012 4:33 pm

Ninian sat down in the Loch Lois, Emain's Resturant, with a glass of water in front of her. Calm? Trying to be. Nervous? Very much so. She had three days until her big performance in Emain. She was to sing a new song she wrote. She wasn't too bright on the idea either. She made the mistake of misplacing it, and the song got into the hands of her teacher, who then composed a backing melody to it. "I don't know if I can....it's all happening so fast," she said to herself, "I don't understand he would do this." She quietly drank the rest of her water in silence, enjoying the peace and quiet of the resturant during the hours they weren't busy.

She had to look on the brightside though. Dany, the girl she met a few days or a week ago, said she would come. She should send owl to her, informing her of the date. Yes....friends are what she needed right now, just people to talk to.
Glaceon
Glaceon
Glas Ghoblehht
Glas Ghoblehht

Back to top Go down

The first big Performance. (Archive) Empty Re: The first big Performance. (Archive)

Post  Ethice Sun Jan 01, 2012 5:32 pm

Ethice walked in calmly, slowly, as usual, looking around the restaurant. He quickly moves to the nearest table and pulls out the dungeon reports he needed to look over. His pants a bit torn and jacket coated with a thing layer of dust, he shuffled through the reports with a serious look on his face. "Looks like Fiodh or Rundal next". He said flipping through his thin stack of paper. He continued to look through the reports looking up periodically to look at the shimmering water.
Ethice
Ethice
Kandy Korn Ogre
Kandy Korn Ogre

Back to top Go down

The first big Performance. (Archive) Empty Re: The first big Performance. (Archive)

Post  Danichuu Sun Jan 01, 2012 5:52 pm

After a fairly long night of drinking with a good friend, Dani stumbled out of the Bean Rua Bar with her arm wrapped over her pal's shoulder.
"Here, Dani, get yourself some food to sober up. Don't ride your horse while drunk!" the red-haired girl standing next to Dani patted her shoulder and slipped a small purse, filled with gold, into the other's pocket.

"Mmhh....shure, Liiiiliiii..." the brunette girl slurred her words, nodding at her redheaded friend. Lili, as the redhead was referred to, nicely led Dani towards the restaurant. Even her own footsteps were sloppy and clumsy, however. That Brifne Whiskey was quite strong...

Either that, or the two females had a really low alcohol tolerance.

Upon arrival at the restaurant, Lili waved good-bye at Danielle before stumbling off on her merry way to wherever. She'd contact her eventually. Danielle sighed and the first thing she did when her friend left was... cross her arms on the table, and rest her head in her arms with a groan.
Maybe after ordering a glass of water, she'd order some food. But for now, she had to sober up enough to walk properly lest she trip over her boots.
Danichuu
Danichuu
Kosher Dill Troll
Kosher Dill Troll

http://danichuu.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Ethice Sun Jan 01, 2012 6:05 pm

Ethice placed his reports back in his bag, pausing for a moment as a young woman stumbled into the restaurant. He then proceeded to unclip his cylinder to do a little personal repairs on it. He looked diligently for any looseness or wobbling in the tool, shaking it lightly and tapping it in various places. He tightened loose screws and the strapping. < I should take this thing to Tailltean soon for repairs >. He strapped it back on his arm and shook his counterguard to check for rattling. He decided to get a light drink before fixing it up. He stood up and looked down noticed the low state of his clothing. He stepped back and patted off his jacket then kneels down to take a look at the tears in his pants. -he sighed- "Looks like I'm heading to the Tailor as well". He stoop up and headed to the counter to order some cool juice.
Ethice
Ethice
Kandy Korn Ogre
Kandy Korn Ogre

Back to top Go down

Post  Danichuu Sun Jan 01, 2012 6:16 pm

Danielle sighed peeked out through her bangs. Even if it was a fairly nice early afternoon, everything looked so...dream-like in her intoxication.
Slow motion.
Spinning.

Her mouth felt dry, so she figured it was time to get a glass of water. Danielle slowly rose from her seat, patting the pocket on her black ceremonial dress to make sure she still had her money, and clumsily made her way to the counter.

Trying her damn hardest to appear somewhat sober, she mumbled: "Sir.. urm, can I please have a glash-- I mean, glass of water?"
Her cheeks burned from embarrassment, slipping up and letting herself slur while talking. Real smooth.
Danichuu
Danichuu
Kosher Dill Troll
Kosher Dill Troll

Back to top Go down

Post  Ethice Sun Jan 01, 2012 6:20 pm

Ethice retrieved his glass of orange juice, the glass accumulating condensation as he headed back to his seat. He glanced at the young woman you seemed to be giving her all to walking straight as she approached the counter. < Must've had a long night. I wonder why people get drunk anyway. > He sat quietly and began to adjust his counter guard tightening screws wherever loose, taking periodic sips from his glass as he worked.
Ethice
Ethice
Kandy Korn Ogre
Kandy Korn Ogre

Back to top Go down

Post  Danichuu Sun Jan 01, 2012 6:53 pm

Once she obtained her cup of water, Danielle returned to her seat and plopped back down, sipping slowly at the liquid. Her stomach felt full, having had so much alcohol the past couple of hours. The hangover would, without a doubt, be horrible and merciless.

Again she rested her head on her arms on the table, her glass of water a safe distance way from the edge of the table to not push it off by accident. Turning her head on the side, Dani took her white, plastic frame glasses off and folded them up. She blinked a few times, looking through lazy mint-green eyes at the other restaurant customers. A young man, maybe about her age or older, adjusting his gear... and a female, a seemingly worried young woman sitting at another table.

Dani took another sip of water, letting out a sigh and a groan as she held her head. The headache part was already kicking in, it seems.
Danichuu
Danichuu
Kosher Dill Troll
Kosher Dill Troll

Back to top Go down

Post  Ethice Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:08 pm

Ethice finished up on his guard and slipped it back on tightening the straps so it wouldn't rotate around his arm. He stood and stretched a little then reached to put his tools away. Sitting back up he noticed the young woman who seemed to be experiencing some pain. < Wonder if I could help >. He stared at her for a moment assessing her situation from a distance. " It looks like she's experiencing a hangover ". He looked out to the lake again thinking on what he should do.
Ethice
Ethice
Kandy Korn Ogre
Kandy Korn Ogre

Back to top Go down

Post  Danichuu Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:21 pm

"Maybe....Maybe if I chug the water."
With that thought, Danielle sat up and -- in probably one of the worst choices of the day aside from getting wasted-- promptly grabbed her glass of water and downed the liquid.
Chug, chug

Ah. She set the glass down and wiped at her lips. At first, it seemed like it helped...

But suddenly, another hangover symptom.

Dani stood up and headed towards the railing, over looking the lake and--
Blargh. There goes the alcohol.

Danichuu
Danichuu
Kosher Dill Troll
Kosher Dill Troll

Back to top Go down

Post  Ethice Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:24 pm

Ethice looked away as the young woman threw up over the railing. The barf caused a small disturbance in the water. He stood up and approached the woman slowly. He waited for her quietly to stand back up and turn around.
Ethice
Ethice
Kandy Korn Ogre
Kandy Korn Ogre

Back to top Go down

Post  Danichuu Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:34 pm

Holding her hair back with one hand and hanging on to the rail with the other, Danielle coughed up the last of the vomit before she reached in her pocket for a soft, cloth napkin to dab at her mouth with for cleaning. Considering that she could just purchase another one for cheap at a general store, she tossed it in the garbage can. Her face was not red mostly from being incredibly embarrassed rather than intoxicated.
She casually...well, as casually as she could have, made her way to the counter to ask for more water.

Dani looked away and avoided making eye contact with the employee as they handed her another glass, and she had her walk of shame back to her seat.
Danichuu
Danichuu
Kosher Dill Troll
Kosher Dill Troll

Back to top Go down

Post  Ethice Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:42 pm

Ethice approached her again and sat opposite her. " Why do you drink if it causes this much turmoil? > He asked in calm tone. He sat with hands folded and looked at the girl with a mild smile on his face.
Ethice
Ethice
Kandy Korn Ogre
Kandy Korn Ogre

Back to top Go down

Post  Glaceon Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:44 pm

Ninian, while quietly sitting at her own table, simply looked up to the stars, having been deep in thought herself. She quicky ordered another glass of water, as well as some basic pain killers. Her arm had been bugging her a bit, but nothing too bad that painkillers couldn't handle. She let out a sigh. "Sometimes I question fate's cruel hand in dealing my cards.."
Glaceon
Glaceon
Glas Ghoblehht
Glas Ghoblehht

Back to top Go down

Post  Danichuu Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:48 pm

Danielle hummed curiously, glancing over at the young man talking to her. Her cheeks flushed and she looked away, setting her glass down.
"It was just, um... I was just having fun with my friend," she started mumbling in a quiet and embarrassed tone. Dani grabbed her glasses and unfolded them, placing them back on her face.

"Um... It's just, it's fun to drink with friends."
The corners of her lips turned up in a timid, slightly ashamed smile.
Danichuu
Danichuu
Kosher Dill Troll
Kosher Dill Troll

Back to top Go down

Post  Ethice Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:53 pm

" Really? " He looked at her with a false puzzled look. " the after effects are interesting then. I've had fun with friends that didn't result in such bad after effects ". He leaned trying to see her face. " You know this world is fascinating in many ways. You might want to search for other activities than drinking ". He smiles softly sitting back up straight.
Ethice
Ethice
Kandy Korn Ogre
Kandy Korn Ogre

Back to top Go down

Post  Danichuu Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:55 pm

She pouted a little, feeling as if she was being looked down upon. "I- I don't drink all the time! It was just a special occasion, is all..."
Danielle's cheeks puffed a little in her defensive pout as she looked down at her glass on the table.
"My friend became a paladin, so we were celebrating that.."
Danichuu
Danichuu
Kosher Dill Troll
Kosher Dill Troll

Back to top Go down

Post  Ethice Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:58 pm

" Not a very good celebration. Can you remember any of it? " He look at her curiously still smiling softly.
Ethice
Ethice
Kandy Korn Ogre
Kandy Korn Ogre

Back to top Go down

Post  Danichuu Sun Jan 01, 2012 8:03 pm

Danielle nodded.
"Of course! I didn't drink that much...."

Her headache defied her words, however, as well as her growing drowsiness. She yawned while she held her head with a quiet groan.
Danichuu
Danichuu
Kosher Dill Troll
Kosher Dill Troll

Back to top Go down

Post  Ethice Sun Jan 01, 2012 8:10 pm

Ethice studies the young woman for a bit. " Then you must not have a high tolerance for alcohol. Maybe you should rest ". A slight expression of concerned brushed a crossed his face.
Ethice
Ethice
Kandy Korn Ogre
Kandy Korn Ogre

Back to top Go down

Post  Danichuu Sun Jan 01, 2012 8:13 pm

Again she nods in agreement. "Yeah... I'm pretty bad at holding my liquor."
She giggled shyly, wincing at the sharp headache.
Dani sighed and buried her face in her hands, her mumbling slightly muffled. "I'd love to rest, but I don't know where... and I don't feel well enough to ride my horse..."
Danichuu
Danichuu
Kosher Dill Troll
Kosher Dill Troll

Back to top Go down

Post  Ethice Sun Jan 01, 2012 8:17 pm

He looks about for a moment. " Why not lye in the grass? It's quite soft. I have a blanket you could borrow. " He pulled out a folded, soft, cloth blanket and sat it on the table. He then pushed it over to her slowly.
Ethice
Ethice
Kandy Korn Ogre
Kandy Korn Ogre

Back to top Go down

Post  Danichuu Sun Jan 01, 2012 8:29 pm

If her face could turn redder, it would. She shook her head and politely declined the offer. "N-nah, I think I'll live."

Again, her arms crossed on the table and her head plopped down into her arms. What a terrible headache.....
"Erm....sir, could I request a ride to..well, any possible place to rest?" she asked sheepishly.
Danichuu
Danichuu
Kosher Dill Troll
Kosher Dill Troll

Back to top Go down

Post  Ethice Sun Jan 01, 2012 8:32 pm

His smile diminished at her words. " you think I would harm you? ". He pulled the blanket away and placed it back in his bag. " Where to? " He asked.
Ethice
Ethice
Kandy Korn Ogre
Kandy Korn Ogre

Back to top Go down

Post  Danichuu Sun Jan 01, 2012 8:46 pm

"N-no, that's not quite what I meant!" Danielle smiled nervously.
"Well, an inn, anywhere is fine. I have my own money, so I can pay for my stay but I just... don't think I should ride while having a terrible hangover."

Nervously, Dani placed a hand at the back of her neck, lifting up her sloppy bun a little. She made a mental note-to-self to re-tie her hair so it doesn't fall into her face constantly.
Danichuu
Danichuu
Kosher Dill Troll
Kosher Dill Troll

Back to top Go down

Post  Ethice Sun Jan 01, 2012 8:53 pm

He looked at her. " There's an inn in town. I could take you there if you feel well enough. "
Ethice
Ethice
Kandy Korn Ogre
Kandy Korn Ogre

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum