Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Member - Shuyin2

4 posters

Go down

New Member - Shuyin2 Empty New Member - Shuyin2

Post  Shuyin2 Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:18 pm

Character Name: Shuyin2

How You Heard About The RP Society: I was once a roleplayer in this very guild, however it has been a long time and I wish to use Shuyin (which is one of my alternate characters) as my main roleplayer considering I play on him the most now.

How Long Have You Been Roleplaying? I have been roleplaying for about five or six years now.

Is English Your First Language? Indeed.

A Short Biography Of Your Character: Shuyin, a Milletian, is a skilled archer and a powerful beast tamer. He is always young, considering he is an elf. His past life, before entering the soul stream and coming to Erinn, was that of a strong warrior who was skilled in the use of a crossbow and bow alike, he also had a strange ability to ward off wild animals from attacking him, which later became useful once he came to Erinn. He died in his past life from a heart attack that he suffered at the age of 67. After Nao guided him to Erinn in the soul stream, he chose to rebirth as an Elven archer. He felt that Nao and the slipstream allowed him true life in the world of Erinn. His abilities as a warrior have travled with him, giving him increased awareness to danger and an upgraded strength. His "beast tongue" also passed over from his previous life, giving him the ability to ward off some animals. However, rebirthing lessened his ability to do this, so some creatures are not affected by it, the ones that are now aid Shuyin in battle. His main life-partner, or Shir-rah as the dragonkiin call it, is Shiva-ha. Shiva-ha is a strong female ice dragon that Shuyin met when even he was young on Errin. They have been partners ever since. Shuyin is fairly fluent in the dragonkiin tounge, and can often be seen talking to Shiva in he native tounge, however she can speak Shuyin's language if need be. Shuyin was exiled from Filia because Shiva was destroying buildings as she was growing up, causing too much damage they decided to rid Filia of the pests.

What type of character do you play? Archer / Beast Tamer

What is your Mabinogi schedule?[ Usually late afternoon on weekdays (-5:00 UTC US and Canada), and most of the day every other weekend.

Last edited by Shuyin2 on Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:07 pm; edited 4 times in total

Shuyin2
Frenetic Fuzzy Fox
Frenetic Fuzzy Fox

Back to top Go down

New Member - Shuyin2 Empty Re: New Member - Shuyin2

Post  Cyler Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:21 pm

I know you said cast into the world without a mother and father, but that could be an orphan. Is he a Tuathan or a Milletian? If he is a milletian, be sure to add info of his past life.
Cyler
Cyler
Sweet Tart Sucubus
Sweet Tart Sucubus

Back to top Go down

Post  Shuyin2 Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:55 pm

Edited the biography section.

Thank you.

Shuyin2
Frenetic Fuzzy Fox
Frenetic Fuzzy Fox

Back to top Go down

Post  Cyler Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:26 pm

I would suggest being a Milletian is the first thing you should add, then tell HOW he came to Erinn too.
Cyler
Cyler
Sweet Tart Sucubus
Sweet Tart Sucubus

Back to top Go down

Post  Shuyin2 Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:37 pm

So you would like me to restructure my biography? Or just put the fact I am a Milletian first and then explain how I got to Erinn, then reformat my bio to fit around that.

Shuyin2
Frenetic Fuzzy Fox
Frenetic Fuzzy Fox

Back to top Go down

Post  Cyler Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:34 pm

You would probably have to remake it. Your character cannot have birth parents and still be a Milletian. Unless you added on how he died as the third sentence, then what was his thoughts, how he felt while entering, what his experience was like while entering, then you can leave things how they are. If you do make those changes, I would advise you change the last three sentences too.
Cyler
Cyler
Sweet Tart Sucubus
Sweet Tart Sucubus

Back to top Go down

Post  Shuyin2 Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:55 pm

The only problem is I have never fully understood the history or Erinn nor it's people, perhaps you could explain it with detail? That would really help.

Shuyin2
Frenetic Fuzzy Fox
Frenetic Fuzzy Fox

Back to top Go down

Post  Cyler Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:54 pm

Milletians: Souls that were guided by Nao to the Soul Stream to come to Erinn. Their purpose was to fight. (But it honestly is not needed ICly if your character chooses to or not) Ways they came into the soul stream are usually death. After death on Erinn they may be reborn with a new body but with the same soul.

Tuathans: Are natives on Erinn who were born on the planet. They cannot go to the Soul Stream. If died, they are dead forever.

This is probably the only thing you need to check up for right now, I hope it clears up any questions you have.
Cyler
Cyler
Sweet Tart Sucubus
Sweet Tart Sucubus

Back to top Go down

Post  Shuyin2 Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:45 pm

Ok, I have updated the biography section from what I understood of your posting. I hope that clears it up.

NOTE: I will not often use the dragonkiin language with Shiva-ha in order to lessen the confusion.

Shuyin2
Frenetic Fuzzy Fox
Frenetic Fuzzy Fox

Back to top Go down

Post  Cyler Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:34 pm

Cyler wrote:Milletians: Souls that were guided by Nao to the Soul Stream to come to Erinn. Their purpose was to fight. (But it honestly is not needed ICly if your character chooses to or not) Ways they came into the soul stream are usually death. After death on Erinn they may be reborn with a new body but with the same soul.

Coming to the soul stream isn't a choice and you didn't explained how he came actually. He would most likely have to die like all other milletians who have come to Erinn.
Cyler
Cyler
Sweet Tart Sucubus
Sweet Tart Sucubus

Back to top Go down

Post  Shuyin2 Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:40 pm

So, what you are saying, is that in order for Shuyin to have come to Erinn, he would have had to die, entering the soul stream, and would be taken by Nao to Erinn where he was reborn as whatever his soul wanted to be? And this was not a choice, Nao just took every soul in the stream.

OR

After whatever happened to create the universe, all Milletians were souls before being born, taken to Erinn by Nao, and released into what is a rebirthing.

Shuyin2
Frenetic Fuzzy Fox
Frenetic Fuzzy Fox

Back to top Go down

Post  Cyler Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:43 pm

She guided the souls. And you can come in as a Human, Elf, or giant, or something else depending on what your character was in his previous world. Say he was part cat, part human. That trait would be passed over too.
Cyler
Cyler
Sweet Tart Sucubus
Sweet Tart Sucubus

Back to top Go down

Post  Shuyin2 Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:50 pm

Shuyin, a Milletian, is a skilled archer and a powerful beast tamer. He is always young, considering he is an elf. His past life, before entering the soul stream and coming to Erinn, was that of a strong warrior who was skilled in the use of a crossbow and bow alike, he also had a strange ability to ward off wild animals from attacking him, which later became useful once he came to Erinn. After Nao guided him to Erinn in the soul stream, he chose to rebirth as an Evlen archer. He felt that Nao and the slipstream allowed him true life in the world of Erinn. His abilities as a warrior have travled with him, giving him increased awareness to danger and an upgraded strength. His "beast tongue" also passed over from his previous life, giving him the ability to ward off some animals. However, rebirthing lessened his ability to do this, so some creatures are not affected by it, the ones that are now aid Shuyin in battle. His main life-partner, or Shir-rah as the dragonkiin call it, is Shiva-ha. Shiva-ha is a strong female ice dragon that Shuyin met when even he was young on Errin. They have been partners ever since. Shuyin is fairly fluent in the dragonkiin tounge, and can often be seen talking to Shiva in he native tounge, however she can speak Shuyin's language if need be.

Perhaps this is a bit better? I'm sorry that this is taking me so many tries to understand. It's almost like learning a new religion for me.

Shuyin2
Frenetic Fuzzy Fox
Frenetic Fuzzy Fox

Back to top Go down

Post  Cyler Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:52 pm

The "Beast tongue" ability would need to be approved in the Powers section before used IC.
Cyler
Cyler
Sweet Tart Sucubus
Sweet Tart Sucubus

Back to top Go down

Post  Shuyin2 Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:02 pm

OK, I have made the necessary post.

Shuyin2
Frenetic Fuzzy Fox
Frenetic Fuzzy Fox

Back to top Go down

Post  Cyler Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:15 pm

Second note I forgot to point out, you didn't say HOW he died too. You just said he entered the soul stream.
Cyler
Cyler
Sweet Tart Sucubus
Sweet Tart Sucubus

Back to top Go down

Post  Shuyin2 Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:18 pm

Shuyin, a Milletian, is a skilled archer and a powerful beast tamer. He is always young, considering he is an elf. His past life, before entering the soul stream and coming to Erinn, was that of a strong warrior who was skilled in the use of a crossbow and bow alike, he also had a strange ability to ward off wild animals from attacking him, which later became useful once he came to Erinn. He died in his past life from a heart attack that he suffered at the age of 67. After Nao guided him to Erinn in the soul stream, he chose to rebirth as an Elven archer. He felt that Nao and the slipstream allowed him true life in the world of Erinn. His abilities as a warrior have travled with him, giving him increased awareness to danger and an upgraded strength. His "beast tongue" also passed over from his previous life, giving him the ability to ward off some animals. However, rebirthing lessened his ability to do this, so some creatures are not affected by it, the ones that are now aid Shuyin in battle. His main life-partner, or Shir-rah as the dragonkiin call it, is Shiva-ha. Shiva-ha is a strong female ice dragon that Shuyin met when even he was young on Errin. They have been partners ever since. Shuyin is fairly fluent in the dragonkiin tounge, and can often be seen talking to Shiva in he native tounge, however she can speak Shuyin's language if need be.

Fixed.

Last edited by Shuyin2 on Fri Dec 23, 2011 5:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

Shuyin2
Frenetic Fuzzy Fox
Frenetic Fuzzy Fox

Back to top Go down

Post  Cyler Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:55 pm

Approved
Cyler
Cyler
Sweet Tart Sucubus
Sweet Tart Sucubus

Back to top Go down

Post  Mari Eir Fri Dec 23, 2011 5:00 pm

A few errors, but nothing that can't be worked out within the guild. I'll offer my approval. Smile
Mari Eir
Mari Eir
Viking
Viking

Back to top Go down

Post  Mithos Fri Dec 23, 2011 5:00 pm

You have my approval as well.
Mithos
Mithos
Mentor
Mentor

Back to top Go down

Post  Shuyin2 Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:20 pm

Iraselle Majaktobor wrote:A few errors, but nothing that can't be worked out within the guild. I'll offer my approval. Smile

Grammar and spelling errors or plot errors?

Thank you for approving, all of you.

Shuyin2
Frenetic Fuzzy Fox
Frenetic Fuzzy Fox

Back to top Go down

Post  Cyler Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:52 pm

I beleive it was grammar and spelling, which I saw too, but yes, will be fixed over time. :3
Cyler
Cyler
Sweet Tart Sucubus
Sweet Tart Sucubus

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down