Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The beginnings of my D&D game, codenamed "Kaos"

2 posters

Go down

The beginnings of my D&D game, codenamed "Kaos" Empty The beginnings of my D&D game, codenamed "Kaos"

Post  Dellinger Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:35 pm

There was a period of history in which man-, dwarf-, elven-, and other-kinds ruled supremely; large cities and inter-nation roads were built to allow the advanced carriages of the past to travel between different locales in what was considered no time at all, technology had reached something resembling its prime with artificial intelligence and advanced nanotechnology, and relative peace had been achieved by the many intelligent races, focused around an agreement to prevent violence.

And then, as some would say, the Gods delivered destruction upon the world. The Sun God Pelor, formerly known as the God of the Light and of the Good, let forth his power in the form of a solar flare that, alongside gamma waves and radiation, knocked out most electronic devices and communications on earth, plunging the world into panic. Hospitals were out of commission, oil drills could no longer fulfill their purpose. Most computers and databases shut down, losing all knowledge.

This period knew the Sun God Pelor in the form of the Black Sun, not for the color of the sun but for the punishing effects of what the Sun had done to the earth. Most believe this was Pelor punishing the world for its insolence, punishing the world for attempting to become Gods in their own way. Reminding them that the Gods were still there, still existed, and still were very powerful.

This was the end of what was considered to be the Golden Age of Technology, and began the period of the Dark, in which all societies crumbled and fought between themselves for power and necessities to survive.

Only in the last couple centuries has any form of order finally been achieved. Societies have reformed around the creation of items out of junk, while cities and old landmarks are covered in ivy and fauna; apparently, Nature also wanted to make its power known.

The main government in the nation you reside in, called Hollenzof, has based itself on the merit of mages and magicians, those individuals powerful enough to create and harness energies that are useful to the endeavors of Hollenzof. Guilds of non-magicians have formed to support the governments of the mage, but also to vie for their own sort of power.

The government of this country actively searches for mages, and whenever a mage is found within the city he is taken to be trained in the capitol, bred for a life of politics and work for the government. Fellow citizens, “normals” as mages tend to call them, are also enlisted for mandatory service. After all, who better to assist a new mageling than those from his own city?

It was one such investigation and discovery that has directed the spotlight at you three. Welcome to your nation, my friends. Welcome to Hollenzof. Welcome to my game, Kaos.
Dellinger
Dellinger
Dragon
Dragon

Back to top Go down

The beginnings of my D&D game, codenamed "Kaos" Empty Re: The beginnings of my D&D game, codenamed "Kaos"

Post  Kenelm Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:19 am

It looks to be an awesome introduction.
Kenelm
Kenelm
Mentor
Mentor

Location : Dallas-Fort Worth metro, Texas, United States, GMT-6

Back to top Go down