Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

IC House Location Thread.

+18
ShoMarufuji
Zeznik
Silverakira
Lilieath
Lynn17
Zeffie
TWWolfe
Adhamh
Cyler
Xeek
Temo
Higura
Dalvar
Dellinger
Eranor
Mari Eir
Auramune
Glaceon
22 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

IC House Location Thread. - Page 3 Empty Re: IC House Location Thread.

Post  Zeffie Sat Oct 29, 2011 11:36 pm

Hyaghahahahah 8D Of course Zeffums does.
-Sorry if I sounded like a butt, not the greatest day today.
Zeffie
Zeffie
Rock Kandy Mountain Golem

http://zeffiesaurus.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Adhamh Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:27 am

I honestly don't see why Zeffie can't have a house there. :I This thread is about IC LOCATIONS not OOC, so by requesting that space, she's reserving it for her character ICly. There really hasn't ever been a problem about house location before, so why start now?
Adhamh
Adhamh
Cromm Crunch
Cromm Crunch

Location : Anywhere, everywhere, and nowhere all at the same time.

Back to top Go down

Post  Xeek Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:37 am

That's not what I meant.. I me- never mind, just re-read the sentence and you'll eventually get it X_X
Xeek
Xeek
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Oct 30, 2011 11:54 am

Xeek wrote:That's not what I meant.. I me- never mind, just re-read the sentence and you'll eventually get it X_X
-I- don't get it. >_>

Back to top Go down

Post  Auramune Sun Oct 30, 2011 12:48 pm

Because RP world size fluctuates due to the number of people vs the number of houses implimented, the sizes of cities aren't exact to fit our world.

Like, if someone else wanted that location OOC, the people would be neighbors or something ic.
Auramune
Auramune
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Mari Eir Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:03 pm

Since it's just us RPing, I don't think we have to worry about it so much. OUR population isn't so large we should have to worry about it. Get what I mean?
Mari Eir
Mari Eir
Viking
Viking

Back to top Go down

Post  Glaceon Sun Oct 30, 2011 2:07 pm

Considering we don't own the houses OOCly, only ICly, I don't see an issue with it honestly.
Glaceon
Glaceon
Glas Ghoblehht
Glas Ghoblehht

Back to top Go down

Post  Xeek Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:48 pm

I never said it was an issue?
Either way, I only mention it because claiming houses have little-no meaning.

And our population is large enough. I mean Dunbarton was decided to have 1,000 people no? Defiantly can't fit in the city OOC.
Xeek
Xeek
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Glaceon Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:38 pm

Again, you keep touching on "this is it ICly, so this is OOCly why you can't." If you want to provide a side, please stay consistent. Sheesh. Zeffie is just saying that that is her Belvast house ICly. By saying claim, she meant before any of us decide to take the house for ownership ICly.
Glaceon
Glaceon
Glas Ghoblehht
Glas Ghoblehht

Back to top Go down

Post  Auramune Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:57 pm

Sheesh, why so much attitude? I didn't know having a concern, or making conversation was so frowned upon, sheesh.
Auramune
Auramune
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Glaceon Sun Oct 30, 2011 11:01 pm

Attitude is sensed in speech, mere words do not convey attitude.
Glaceon
Glaceon
Glas Ghoblehht
Glas Ghoblehht

Back to top Go down

Post  Auramune Sun Oct 30, 2011 11:11 pm

Well, idk what that means but "sheesh" suggests attitude. Just sayin. But /end offtopic before it's a whole debate or w/e.

But anyone does have the right to question/show concern for any issue that there might be in present/future.
Auramune
Auramune
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Xeek Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:58 am

Glaceon wrote:Again, you keep touching on "this is it ICly, so this is OOCly why you can't." If you want to provide a side, please stay consistent. Sheesh. Zeffie is just saying that that is her Belvast house ICly. By saying claim, she meant before any of us decide to take the house for ownership ICly.

I will not get on the attitude situation, but please read.

I am not saying anything close to what you quoted. I will break it down to baby steps.

Zeffie claims that OOC location to hold her house.
Zeffie RPs IC in that house.
A year later Zeffie quits.
IC wise, that house is still hers.
Billy the Kid comes and claim that spot at his.
For a while Billy RPs there with his family.
5 month later, Zeffie returns, saying she has been in her house sleeping.
Oh oh. They both have the same IC house.

All I am saying is that the house may be represented by that location OOC, but it doesn't have to be the house IC.
Like the hotel, represented by Rath, but it's not the same place.

Savvy?

I know if I look back there is probably a few places I use to represent my houses OOC. So before you start accusing me of anything, I never said Zeffie can't have that house, nor I said it was an issue. All I did was point something else.
Xeek
Xeek
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Glaceon Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:51 pm

One of the main purposes of this thread is to make sure things like ICly owned areas don't get taken by other people. Hence why the maps are shown where people are. (I have yet to take the Belvast map here, I'll get to doing that in a bit).
Glaceon
Glaceon
Glas Ghoblehht
Glas Ghoblehht

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeffie Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:33 pm

I will never quit 8D
Zeffie
Zeffie

Back to top Go down

Post  Xeek Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:39 pm

Glaceon wrote:One of the main purposes of this thread is to make sure things like ICly owned areas don't get taken by other people. Hence why the maps are shown where people are. (I have yet to take the Belvast map here, I'll get to doing that in a bit).

You can't claim a land. That's silly. Specially if people have been RPing in it before and haven't mentioned it on the thread. Like if right now I go take the library.
Xeek
Xeek
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Glaceon Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:07 pm

You can't take the library, as it isn't a house you can own. (Unless you think of it like this: The Library in Dunbarton is owned by Dunbarton, which is under control of Thorn, your city leader, so technically you OWN the library already.) Houses are ownable, since there is a thing called Reality. Yea we have player housing, but someone can claim a spot ICly as to where a player would move into in an actual town. 'slong as it makes sense of course. Like if there is a house in Dunbarton I wanted, I could take it. We can't assume -all- the houses are occupied, as that would be pointless since reality is an actual business and shouldn't be limited to the residential areas.
Glaceon
Glaceon
Glas Ghoblehht
Glas Ghoblehht

Back to top Go down

Post  Xeek Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:19 pm

Glaceon wrote:You can't take the library, as it isn't a house you can own. (Unless you think of it like this: The Library in Dunbarton is owned by Dunbarton, which is under control of Thorn, your city leader, so technically you OWN the library already.) Houses are ownable, since there is a thing called Reality. Yea we have player housing, but someone can claim a spot ICly as to where a player would move into in an actual town. 'slong as it makes sense of course. Like if there is a house in Dunbarton I wanted, I could take it. We can't assume -all- the houses are occupied, as that would be pointless since reality is an actual business and shouldn't be limited to the residential areas.

You do realize Thorn is no longer the leader right?

Won't it be the same as the hotel? Technically that piece of land is owned by the wine people. And I never said that, I am just going to stop arguing, since you are refusing to listen to what I say.
Xeek
Xeek
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Glaceon Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:29 pm

Or you no, don't try to argue something that has been here for some time and nothing touched, since it makes sense for someone to want a house in a town.

And Sorry for not knowing when leader of towns change, I don't get notified of updates and stuff.
Glaceon
Glaceon
Glas Ghoblehht
Glas Ghoblehht

Back to top Go down

Post  Auramune Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:06 am

Just because something's been here for awhile, doesn't make it right.

So, I'm not sure if you understand the problem. There is a major difference in OOC representation of a house, or IC house location being in that spot/claiming that spot. By this rule, I should be able to go in to shadow Rath and claim it as mine. Or own a dungeon and set up barricades so people can't get inside. And easily comparable to taking a plot of land and building on to it.

With using it as ooc representation, it leaves it much more open to any changes that may come along.
Auramune
Auramune
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Glaceon Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:11 am

I don't get how comparing Shadow Rath or a dungeon to a house makes sense. If you buy a house in Belvast ICly, that means you will be living in Belvast under their rules and jurisdiction. You want to prevent people from getting in, lock the door. If they wanna break in, you'll have one less door if you ok it. This thread has been used for IC locations, so as to make sure the IC locations we take don't clash, and so we get an idea where a house is or not. Seeing as guild RPs are a rare sight if ever at all, I don't see why it's an issue, this is more for the reasons stated.

Whats stopping you from claiming Shadow Rath or a dungeon? Fomors. If you try to claim it, you'll get overwhelmed and tossed out. Setting up barricades would be pointless as they can easily be destroyed. The only barricades we have are Barrier Spikes, and even with full stats, a well placed crit smash from Teo or me can one-shot the wall. Dungeons and Shadow Realm aren't mandated by laws and officials. Towns are. We have all made our hideaways in various spots. Who is to say those weren't taken before us as well? We sure didn't. Again I will say that towns can have a reality system. Zeffie can buy the house in Belvast ICly. You are usually in a homestead or some other area to represent the house. If you want to abolish and argue that one person can't take a house, you have to argue NO one can have a house, since everyone here has done it at some point.

And another thing: If you don't like it....don't RP with the person? Hasn't that been a sort of thing that the guild had? I see RPs mainly concentrated to Niches now that it seems everyone is in their own world playing by their own rules now. I originally made this thread to show where houses were so we wouldn't get overlapping houses and so we could see where the houses were in relation to other things. If it's -that- big a problem, just remove the whole concept of IC houses.
Glaceon
Glaceon
Glas Ghoblehht
Glas Ghoblehht

Back to top Go down

Post  Auramune Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:55 am

That's because you're not thinking on the same level as the comparison. The concept is the same, no matter where the ig land is. And yes, this thread has been used for this for awhile now.. but it doesn't make it set in stone. I don't mean to sound condescending, but you seem to think that just because something's been done for a period of time, means it's 'ok.' I'm sorry to say that's wrong. You see, sometimes people discuss things and ideas, or they think about something on their own, and have a thought they didn't have before. See an issue that they didn't think of before. Then they post said thought/idea/concern. That is why we have rule amendments. "Don't you think it's better if we...?" "Oh yeah, that makes a lot of sense." Ideas can be missed, or just plain not had in the process of new things. So please, please get it out of your head that just because we've done something for some time, doesn't mean the whole thing is alright/perfect.

This isn't about simply not rping with someone. There's legitimate concerns that should be addressed for the entire process of claiming IG land. This isn't about Zeffie in particular. It's for anyone. What if someone claims a large piece of land, and suddenly disappears? We don't know if they'll be coming back or not? So it's decided to just say the house was tore down. Someone else comes in and moves a house in that exact location. Then person 1 comes back, and says their character was there the entire time playing catch in the front yard with their kid. Now there's an issue. "Blah blah blah there are ways to solve it." There shouldn't be an issue to start with, and if there are ways to prevent said issues, that should be looked in to first.

Addressing the rest of your post feels a bit knit picky to me, however, I'll just say that barrier spikes isn't the only barricade to block off things. If you think back Solea, someone tried to block off that entire passage with stone. And stone is definitely not barrier spikes. Do you understand how much trouble that was? "Oh lalalalala rp rp going through the tunnels=D" Then "oh u cant be here cause it's blocked how did you get by the large rocks? =O!" "Wut large rocks? There's nothing in the way. O_O" *insert confusion and inconsistency.* Or the area the hotel is located in, since Nia was made, until the hotel was said to exist, pretty much lived in that area. But suddenly the hotel exists, and has existed for awhile IC, which means there's a major inconsistency of my RP in that area. And while these are not game breaking issues, if there is a way to possibly bypass that sort of confusion, I think it should be looked in to. And if you don't think so, then it's fine. But if 1 person can claim land, then so can everybody.
Auramune
Auramune
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Xeek Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:11 am

See, the problem you aren't getting Glacia, and what you aren't reading. You can't claim OOC land. And IC land is much different than OOC land. So you can't say "ohh this house is mine." Anyone who forgets, or doesn't look at the thread will want to RP in an area. And to further prove you can't claim those houses IC, you can't even go in them.

The concept with the hotel, which I don't care about, you can leave it there. Though it was wrongly put there in the first place, Hyu/Mari had to have bought that Land from Tara. Saying that, it's possible to buy whole NPC shops. And also, the building of it never was announced, it was suddenly. "HOTEL" Now, I am not going to bother trying to fix the hotel thing now, it's pointless. It's just an example.

Let me give you a badly drawn example. HE is healer, H is house, C is church, Pal is palace.

OOC map.

[H] [H]
[HE] ]H]
[Pal] [C]

IC Map
[H] [H] [H] [H] [H] [PAL] [C]
[HE] [H] [H]
[C] [HH] [HH]

The map differs to fit the population change. Unless you guys want to say we are the only people here?
All I was pointed out is that Zeffie claimed the red house. But IC wise, that house is somewhere else next to 10 other houses. And that you can't claim OOC locations.
Xeek
Xeek
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Glaceon Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:34 pm

I always thought we used the OOC map as an IC map. The layout of the cities is the same and all. We use the houses built as houses we have, and if there is an open area where a house can be built, someone will either build a house or not. We don't "create" houses in cities where houses already are. That also falls onto reality of a city. Obviously we aren't the only ones here, but considering -most- of the population is Milletians, the houses that are there are fine. That's also why there ARE residential areas. All this falls into not making things specific for the public. Maybe the whole housing concept should be put into it's own place in Game and Lore so we can make a Template for the IC towns. Otherwise, who is to say that Zeffie can't have the house she claimed, in that exact spot in Belvast? We use the OOC map for IC purposes all the time. The houses are on the OOC map, that's why this thread was invented. Perhaps you would like to offer a template or map of how the IC town looks, and we can start making and choosing IC houses based off that, instead of picking houses with what we have.
Glaceon
Glaceon
Glas Ghoblehht
Glas Ghoblehht

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeffie Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:19 pm

Alright, don't need this right now.
Let me just save myself further stress.

Zeffie owns a house in this area. But no super-duper-dee-derpin' specific location, and I preferbly OOCLy use this location,and this house to do so.
IC House Location Thread. - Page 3 Mabino14
Zeffie
Zeffie

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next