Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Member - Orrik

4 posters

Go down

New Member - Orrik Empty New Member - Orrik

Post  Orrik Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:40 pm

Character Name: Orrik
How You Heard About The RP Society:
I met and was recommended by Peldari.
How Long Have You Been Roleplaying?
That depends a little on whether you consider certain classes of writing as roleplay; since 2004 I have been participating in a long-running RP thread on a Myst support forum, but the rules of the thread allow all writers to control all characters, so it works more like each person taking turns telling the current story. Other than that, I have been doing more traditional roleplay for about 3 or 4 years now.
Is English Your First Language?
Yup.
A Short Biography Of Your Character:
Orrik is in fact not a giant, or at least he was not before. A native of the Ironroot Mountains of the grand continent of Khorvaire, Orrik was before his death a goliath, the tallest of all Eberron's races. Reckless and competitive as any of his race in his youth, maturity dulled somewhat his foolish nature. Working as a mercenary for the kingdom of Karnath, he on one journey was partnered with, among others, a pair of dwarven artificers from the Mror Holds that his own home mountains lay within the borders of. Amazed at their skill with the stone and metals in the ground that he simply took for granted as a part of his home and of himself, Orrik began to visit the dwarves frequently in their forges, eventually shedding his dull, difficult old name of Gun'thnak for a dwarven name and clan and taking up worship of the god of the forge, Onatar.
While still harboring a competitive streak, the newly-christened Orrik took up a more spiritual look on life. While proving fairly inept at metalwork, the dwarves were more than happy to continue teaching him and helping him to improve his mind, and when another mission took him into the depths of the Eldeen Reaches, he took to the primal, druidic traditions he encountered there almost immediately. The end of that expedition saw him formally take the power of the spirits into himself as a warden, and he returned to his people with his mind fast taking on the same firmness and resilience that his stoneborn body showed. The druids of the Reaches had taught Orrik the magical and healing properties possessed by herbs, and began to experiment with the creation of potions and other reagents with the herbs of his homeland, taking to it far more easily than metalworking.
Of course, one of the occupational hazards of being a mercenary is being hired by a reckless fool or a complete loon. Such was Orrik's eventual fate, when he and a group of other, more reckless goliaths were hired to safeguard an expedition into the wild continent of Xen'drik. The ruined empire of the extinct giants held much promise for explorers despite the dangerous creatures that had taken over the interior once the empire had fallen. A week into the journey, Orrik and his entire party were felled by beings far beyond their power to combat... and yet, Orrik woke soon after to find a beautiful young woman in a long black dress looking down at him. Thus the goliath of Eberron took his first steps into Erinn...
As for why he was able to cross the Soul Stream and be reborn as a Milletian, Orrik is unsure as well, although he tends to believe it to be the protection of the primal spirits he walked among as a warden, or perhaps a blessing from Onatar in thanks for his worship over the years. The truth, however, remains elusive for him, as does his understanding of this new world.
What type of character do you play?
I try to keep my character(s) fairly versatile (Orrik is not my only one, though the only one I have on Tarlach). I pick a single major life skill and its associated ones (for Orrik it's potion-making and a few similar skills), and spread out skills among those I intend to use. Orrik is focused partially on melee and partially on alchemy, particularly Barrier Spikes, and as Orrik I prefer to play mid-to-close range, striking down enemies or hindering them as needed. Orrik is primarily an alchemist, but I try to keep him strong enough and pay enough AP to keep him a viable fighter in melee.
What is your Mabinogi schedule?
I've been more sporadic about it lately due to work, but generally I show up in Mabi on weekends and sometimes in the evening.

Orrik
Frenetic Fuzzy Fox
Frenetic Fuzzy Fox

Back to top Go down

New Member - Orrik Empty Re: New Member - Orrik

Post  Teoxihuitl Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:10 pm

I'll give the first approval here.

Very interesting bio.
Teoxihuitl
Teoxihuitl
Sweet Tart Sucubus
Sweet Tart Sucubus

Back to top Go down

Post  Orrik Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:22 pm

Thanks. ^^ I mean, it's based in the D&D system, with a splash of the Eberron campaign setting, but still. ^^

By the way, can I play him as a goliath who was accepted as part of the Giant race (and was dropped there by Nao), or would it be better that I just have him turned into a giant in the Soul Stream's crossing?

Orrik
Frenetic Fuzzy Fox
Frenetic Fuzzy Fox

Back to top Go down

Post  Mari Eir Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:23 pm

Looks good to me. 2nd approval. :3

Btw, which server(s) do you play other than Tarlach?

*Edit*

I don't know what a Goliath is exactly (I think of the old tale), but if it's not too different, I'd say just keep him a giant. It may be easier. If it really harshes the character, it can be worked through, though. There ARE some of us who keep our characters' pre-Erinn races, afterall.
Mari Eir
Mari Eir
Viking
Viking

Back to top Go down

Post  Orrik Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:39 pm

A goliath, as described in my Player's Handbook, is a 7/8 foot tall humanoid being with grey or brownish skin speckled with growths of bone here and there that resemble patches of stone growing out of their skin. They're mountain-dwelling nomads who revere nature... So, basically, imagine that they're sort of like treants/Ents, except that instead of being a living, walking tree, it's like a seven-foot tall living, walking chunk of a mountain. :3 I do on some level like the idea of keeping him as one, but it's certainly not essential to the character that he not just turn into a giant upon arrival in Erinn. He -is- a rebirth-capable Milletian after all.

As for what other servers, I actually now have one character on each server, but my main is based on Mari server.

Orrik
Frenetic Fuzzy Fox
Frenetic Fuzzy Fox

Back to top Go down

Post  Mari Eir Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:46 pm

@Server: I see. I've only played Tarlach and Alexina extensively.

@Race: Eh.. sounds like a giant/golem cross breed (Though no one's ever decided to play a golem IC). That's what I think of before a giant, just a golem. Maybe that can be his IC beast mode?
Mari Eir
Mari Eir
Viking
Viking

Back to top Go down

Post  Orrik Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:54 pm

My elf is on Alexina. *nods*
And, that could be an idea... I had the idea that his Beast form would be due to him gaining back the spirit powers he had as a warden (a character class) and lost when he died and became a Milletian, but becoming his goliath self would work too...

Orrik
Frenetic Fuzzy Fox
Frenetic Fuzzy Fox

Back to top Go down

Post  Mari Eir Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:56 pm

Yes. My character is a dragon and transforms into one IC with DK instead of just being a normal DK. And did you actively play your elf? What's the name? Smile
Mari Eir
Mari Eir
Viking
Viking

Back to top Go down

Post  Orrik Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:05 pm

A... dragon? o.o But, yes, that would work... can I also make him invoking the primal spirits and such the trigger that causes the transformation, leaving the goliath form as the physical appearance?
Also, here's the official PHB image for goliaths.
New Member - Orrik Goliaths02_2

Oh, and my elf's name is Taril. I'm... semi-active as her. Haven't been playing Mabi in general as much lately; hoping that this guild helps me get back on track with it.

Orrik
Frenetic Fuzzy Fox
Frenetic Fuzzy Fox

Back to top Go down

Post  Mari Eir Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:12 pm

Well, this is something to be discussed once you're in guild in the powers section. Right now, I don't know if invoking spirits from another realm is ok, but if it's Erinn's spirits of nature, I don't see why not. Just make a power thread requesting it before you use it IC.
Mari Eir
Mari Eir
Viking
Viking

Back to top Go down

Post  Orrik Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:24 pm

Ah, gotcha. *nods* And yeah, I intended it to be Erinn's nature spirits, not Eberron's. That would be way too much of a stretch. And, will do on the thread.

Orrik
Frenetic Fuzzy Fox
Frenetic Fuzzy Fox

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:33 am

-hits this thread with a hat of approval-

You have been touched by my magical hat of awesomeness. My approval is given!

-rolls out-

Back to top Go down

Post  Cyler Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:00 am

Yay~! Approvals are fun! Nice bio though, and its cool that you have been RPing before this! Very Happy

PS: I have no power but you got the approvals though!
Cyler
Cyler
Sweet Tart Sucubus
Sweet Tart Sucubus

Back to top Go down

Post  Mari Eir Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:25 pm

That's 3. *rolls the thread up and tosses it in the approval bin with everyone still in it*
Mari Eir
Mari Eir
Viking
Viking

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down