Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Member - Sora

+10
Mari Eir
Dellinger
Xeek
Adhamh
Veleth
Krystal
Cyler
Honeko
Dalvar
Sora
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

New Member - Sora Empty New Member - Sora

Post  Sora Wed Dec 29, 2010 2:59 am

Character Name: Sora Sotara

How You Heard About The RP Society: A friend had an interview to join so I looked into the guild and liked what I saw.

How Long Have You Been Roleplaying? Hm... Off and on for about 5 years now, although less because I fall into temporary hiatuses often.

Is English Your First Language? Yes

A Short Biography Of Your Character: An untrained realm-hopper, Sora happened into the world of Errinn almost by accident. She quickly gained a small group of friends and they all grew in knowledge and ability together over several years in the new world. They even formed a guild just for them. Eventually though, as all things do, the friendship began to die. Five became two when the boys left and then three turned into two when one girl vanished.

The remaining two continued to travel and explore until they joined a new guild, then shortly after the friendship ended. New friendships had been formed in the guild and Sora spent much of her time helping the others but eventually they started to phase her out of their company. So she moved on to become a loner of sorts; building up her own skills and helping others who needed aid.

Another new friendship led to a third guild, but then Sora went missing for several Erinn years. When she finally returned, her friend had married the guild leader and now ran the guild entirely but the friendship had staled. Still under the guild name, Sora returned to her loner wanderings offering help to others when she can.

During her second or third life, Sora took a drastic physical transformation but has worn that form since. In her time she has amassed a surprising skill in a variety of areas. Melee was her first art so her skills are lower mid level and her magic is only a little weaker overall. Her skill in Ice is mid-lower high end however. Yet, once she picked up a bow that was the combat style for her. All her archery tricks are lower high end except for the one she just learned, Crash Shot. Even her Arrow Revolver is lower mid-mid level.

Sora took to Healing early too, often being the one to treat her friends in group fights. Healing is her highest ability (with Ice a close second) and can be trained even higher but she had returned focus to combat skills again. Alongside Healing, in the past years she has taken to increasing her First Aid ability and can bandage not much below the current masters. Potion Making she is still new at, but her luck helps garner massive amounts of potions so she’s always got some on hand.

The one thing this seeming jack-o’-all-trades does not do however would be Alchemy. She has knowledge of almost every skill but carrying a weapon that is only good so long as you have crystals to use is not her idea of a weapon. The one exception is the skill called Barrier Spikes, in which she has almost reached the level in which the barriers attack the enemy back. Her aim is to reach the level where she can fire arrows through the blockade but that will be some time off yet.

With such a variety of abilities, it makes one easier to find a place inside a party and she will often switch out of combat and into Healer mode or jump in to take a hit if it will help another. But she doesn’t need a party in order to run a dungeon. Ciar Int for 4 is a fun solo run. (<-True tale. Or close enough. And sorry about the length going over the limit, I got caught up in it.)

What type of character do you play? A mix of everything but mainly archer/healer with a tendency to be slightly random or crazy.

What is your Mabinogi schedule? Mostly nights and occasional afternoons, but never Wednesday nights.

Sora
Wolf in Designer Clothing

Back to top Go down

New Member - Sora Empty Re: New Member - Sora

Post  Dalvar Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:23 am

You're awesome.
Approved.

Who's your friend?
Dalvar
Dalvar
Councilor
Councilor

http://Dalvar.Deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sora Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:41 am

I'm glad you like me.

And I think you can guess who my friend is, seeing as we're all talking.

Sora

Back to top Go down

Post  Honeko Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:16 am

Realm hopper?

The only way into Erinn is via the soul-stream. This is my problem with the bio.
Honeko
Honeko
Gummy Sandworm
Gummy Sandworm

http://jaeeleutheria.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Cyler Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:31 pm

I like it and it may mean nothing since i am a normal member but its nice, And Honeko couldn't the soul stream count as a realm itself?
Cyler
Cyler
Sweet Tart Sucubus
Sweet Tart Sucubus

Back to top Go down

Post  Krystal Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:02 pm

As Hon said, that'd be the only issue... as it was an accident, does that mean she tried to go somewhere else, but a horrible accident caused her to poof in the soul stream, and go from there?

Sorry if we're trying to alter your story, it's just everyone goes through the soul stream (Or is born on Erinn), so we're just trying to help figure that out ^^; So... -points above- That was what I thought...

Either way, I like the story, I like the character and I'd love RPing with you soon. Very Happy
Krystal
Krystal
Buckwheat Dragon
Buckwheat Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Veleth Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:08 pm

No, the soul stream is a junction point to enter Erinn. Most people arrive there when they are dead, dying, lost, or some other situation that caused them to flee their body. You cannot enter Erinn without having passed through the soulstream. You are stripped of your former life and body and arrive as a Milletian with the materials provided by Nao or those who ferry the Souls of other creatures. Nao/Tin/etc. are the gate guards of Erinn.
Veleth
Veleth
Gummy Sandworm
Gummy Sandworm

Back to top Go down

Post  Adhamh Thu Dec 30, 2010 8:38 am

The Soul Stream is a sorta "limbo" type-dealio. Razz Other than what Hon and Cru have mentioned, everything seems to be well-written. G'luck!
Adhamh
Adhamh
Cromm Crunch
Cromm Crunch

Location : Anywhere, everywhere, and nowhere all at the same time.

Back to top Go down

Post  Xeek Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:18 am

*nods* This be true. My own character was a realm hopper as well, but to get to Erinn he had to pretend he was in trouble so Nao can take him through the soul stream.

TBH, I don't really see the problem with realm-hopping into Erinn. Either way the gods WILL strip search you. Confiscating any items/powers they don't want you to have. The only difference, is that since you didn't come through the soul stream you will not come back when you die.

Any world you enter, the real gods (like Aton, not Cichol, Morri, and Nuadha) can take all your powers and leave you as a "regular" in their realm.
Xeek
Xeek
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Sora Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:04 am

Let's just call it an accident that left her dead (or nearly) so she entered the world as any other would. I kinda like the idea that soul stream is for those "lost" (thank you Galin) so I could also play it off as she was aimed for a realm she didn't have power to reach and so she got "lost" and soul stream caught her. The realm hopping is a trick that moves her spirit out of the physical form in Erinn. It's more like a way to explain why she/I might be inactive for long periods. I try not to play as often when I'm in school because otherwise I ignore all my work.

Of course, I can cut those words and we forget this whole fight. I just think it's a more creative way to explain the absence than just "off wandering" or "out of touch" or anything of the like.

Lemme know what all of you think and I can fix if needed.

Sora

Back to top Go down

Post  Dellinger Fri Dec 31, 2010 5:58 pm

With these fixes, are people satisfied?
As well, what is your client identification?
Dellinger
Dellinger
Dragon
Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Mari Eir Fri Dec 31, 2010 6:22 pm

Like Xeek said, it's another realm so your character will be limited to using only things that can be manifested in Erinn already (one of my own characters came through the Soul Stream in a slightly different way, but since this is not his realm he does not have the same reign/access to his powers and Nao was even able to alter his form slightly because of this).

As long as you keep this in mind, I have no problem with it. I like this explanation better as well for why someone may be gone for long periods of time. Smile
Mari Eir
Mari Eir
Viking
Viking

Back to top Go down

Post  Sora Fri Dec 31, 2010 9:28 pm

Oh no. It will have no effect on anything really. She came through Soul Stream and kept her name only. The ability to jump realms is weird in that she leaves a body permanently in every realm she visits so it's not like she'd randomly vanish completely. And again, it can easily be removed if that suits peoples' desires better.

Also, the username is Sorasotara, but I haven't gotten back to the guildstone to apply yet. I will get to that as soon as I can, but I think it seems wrong to apply until I've passed the mentoring so I hope that's no trouble.

Sora

Back to top Go down

Post  Xeek Fri Dec 31, 2010 9:43 pm

Sora wrote:Oh no. It will have no effect on anything really. She came through Soul Stream and kept her name only. The ability to jump realms is weird in that she leaves a body permanently in every realm she visits so it's not like she'd randomly vanish completely. And again, it can easily be removed if that suits peoples' desires better.

Hey, that's just like Xenark Razz.

He has multiple ways of entering a world, and when he dies his soul is releases to travel to another world. Everytime he enters the gods choose restrictions for him. (Explains classes and all that jazz)
Xeek
Xeek
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Glaceon Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:20 pm

You have to be accepted and be in the guild to start mentoring I think.
Glaceon
Glaceon
Glas Ghoblehht
Glas Ghoblehht

Back to top Go down

Post  Kayeori Sat Jan 01, 2011 1:50 am

Technically you can get a head start on mentoring once you have three approvals from the right people. Which with mine, and I assume Mari was approving correct me if I'm wrong Smile, then you now have three. With that Cap or Dell will add you to the guild the first chance they get. So if you'd like you may start hunting down some mentors and request rp's and dungeon runs. Most prefer you send them a pm on the forums or even a note in game. But if no one is busy please don't hesitate to ask in GC if all else... for lack of a better word... fails.
Kayeori
Kayeori
Dessert Dragon
Dessert Dragon

http://www.tumblr.com/blog/v0te4pi3

Back to top Go down

Post  Mari Eir Sat Jan 01, 2011 4:58 pm

Yup. Haven't finished making my approval stamp, though >.> *doesn't feel very Councilor-y without one* But yes, I approve.
Mari Eir
Mari Eir
Viking
Viking

Back to top Go down

Post  Jordiya Sat Jan 01, 2011 5:03 pm

Mariella Kana wrote:Yup. Haven't finished making my approval stamp, though >.> *doesn't feel very Councilor-y without one* But yes, I approve.
I can make one for you Very Happy!
-points to your siggy- >:3
. . .
Nice Bio, btw Very Happy
((Not that my opinion matters in applications xD))
Jordiya
Jordiya
Cinnamon Hellhound
Cinnamon Hellhound

Back to top Go down

Post  Sora Sat Jan 01, 2011 10:04 pm

Taylene wrote:Nice Bio, btw Very Happy
If you were talking to me, thank you. If not, then I guess I get to look dumb right now.

If someone can say for sure I'm approved then I'll look into mentoring straight away. I'm not entirely sure if it was a yes or not...

Sora

Back to top Go down

Post  Jordiya Sat Jan 01, 2011 11:13 pm

Sora wrote:
Taylene wrote:Nice Bio, btw Very Happy
If you were talking to me, thank you. If not, then I guess I get to look dumb right now.

If someone can say for sure I'm approved then I'll look into mentoring straight away. I'm not entirely sure if it was a yes or not...
Only mentors and stuff can approve or not Razz
I can't coz I'm just a commoner ;_;
And yes, I WAS talking to you Very Happy!

THAWMBS UP!! -^ 3^- b
Jordiya
Jordiya
Cinnamon Hellhound
Cinnamon Hellhound

Back to top Go down

Post  Kayeori Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:47 am

Sora wrote: If someone can say for sure I'm approved then I'll look into mentoring straight away. I'm not entirely sure if it was a yes or not...[/color]

I would be one of those people. Consider this your official welcome to the guild, and your green light to request rp's & dungeon runs from our mentoring team.
Kayeori
Kayeori
Dessert Dragon
Dessert Dragon

http://www.tumblr.com/blog/v0te4pi3

Back to top Go down

Post  Dellinger Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:14 pm

Please apply at the guild stone, or put the actual name of the character you applied with there.
Thank you very much.

Guildstone is in the south-western most part of Tir.
Dellinger
Dellinger
Dragon
Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Sora Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:01 pm

I'm curious now. Have people merely forgotten me or do I have to do something else still for this thread to be moved out of limbo? I don't know it even matters where it's at but it feels like I've not been totally accepted yet.

That could just be me, it most likely is, but I thought I'd mention it just in case I missed something.

Sora

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenelm Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:03 pm

People like being lazy sometimes. It will be moved soon enough.
Kenelm
Kenelm
Mentor
Mentor

Location : Dallas-Fort Worth metro, Texas, United States, GMT-6

Back to top Go down

Post  Glaceon Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:29 pm

Also, have you applied to the guildstone yet? Usually that helps as well.
Glaceon
Glaceon
Glas Ghoblehht
Glas Ghoblehht

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next