Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Minerva (Body Alternate)

+2
Auramune
Minerva (Jaena)
6 posters

Go down

Minerva (Body Alternate) Empty Minerva (Body Alternate)

Post  Minerva (Jaena) Sun Dec 26, 2010 11:38 pm

So, Jaena is poofing for a while, guys. I have come to a dead end on her story-wise, and see little provocation for RPs with her for the forseeable future. Hence, I rebirthed as Minerva, a fair-skinned, blonde-haired, stylish woomawn. Description now!

Name: Minerva Timulfe
Birth Race: She is descended from a species of Wolf-human hybrids. They were not Werewolves, but not quite human, either.
Family: Her father was just a blacksmith in her hometown of Kinryid, locked deep beneath the sands of the Longa desert. Her mother was a priestess from the same village, and her bother, being small and weak, died when she was 12. He was 20 at the time.
Hobbies: She enjoys fishing, hunting, gambling, playing cards, even crafting potions or other magical items through alchemy... though.. she's not very good at the last two things, frequently causing damage to either herself, the people around her, or her environment. Her father attempted to teach her how to manage these things better, but he was becoming weak from the plague that was ravaging their village, and was unable to help her much. She still attempts to this day to craft difficult things, to honor the memory of her family.
Weapon of Choice: Her father's weapon, a gigantic two-handed blade. It was the last thing he ever made before the Plague destroyed him.
Hair Color: Blonde
Eye Color: Lavender
Height: When standing up full, she is 5' 7''
Weight: She is 118 lbs.
Favorite Food: She loves the traditional meals served from her home, and if anyone has knowledge of her village, (Anyone who traveled through longa dungeon has a small understanding of it, at least.) and can fashion this meal, is a friend for life. Otherwise, she enjoys emain cuisine.
Theme Song: Sin Dancing, by SownShadow Fox.
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/373448
How she came to be in Erinn: Technically, she WAS in erinn to begin with, but nobody really acknowledges the underground as being part of the world. She ascended to Erinn when she was 16.

Kinryid was a small village underneath the blistering heat of longa desert, and housed nearly 20,000 people before the Plague hit. Now the only remnants that people ever find of Kinryid is it's slowly sinking passageways and doors, which is now called Longa Desert Dungeon. Nobody truly knows how the plague began, but rumor has it that it was introduced intentionally by the more sadistic minds of the surface as a way to clear it out for mining. This has yet to be falsified or exposed as being truth, but none of it matters anymore. The only survivor of Kinryid lives on as the last of her kind. Minerva, an individual of 19 years of age, is that survivor. Minerva evaded the destruction of the plague of Kinryid because she was the only individual within 20,000 who was naturally immune to the plague. She watched in horror as over four years, everyone she knew and loved eventually came to grips with their mortality. She finally worked up the courage to escape her village, emerging into the harsh light of the desert. She has been living alone ever since.

Features:
-Wolf-ears in place of human ones, hidden by her hair. (Approval requested) (Fashion/RP item, offers no power-benefit)
-Fangs, that give her a good bite-strength. (Approval requested) (Effective Item, combat, Close-range, non-magical, offers no advanced benefit besides being able to pierce non-armored flesh)

Minerva (Jaena)
Minerva (Jaena)
Gummy Bear
Gummy Bear

Back to top Go down

Minerva (Body Alternate) Empty Re: Minerva (Body Alternate)

Post  Auramune Sun Dec 26, 2010 11:45 pm

I think we'll need a bit more information about her race. How they came to be, what they are, that sort of thing. Due to 3.0 being worked on, all specialized races need to have a format to follow.
Auramune
Auramune
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Minerva (Jaena) Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:39 am

Orlynow. Okay, that'll have to wait for now. I need to know the format before I can do anything about that. Dont wanna mis-write some of my backstory because I didnt know the guidelines.
Minerva (Jaena)
Minerva (Jaena)
Gummy Bear
Gummy Bear

Back to top Go down

Post  Auramune Mon Dec 27, 2010 3:25 am

Simply that you request the actual race. Attributes of that race, how you can show certain abilities by mabi skills. Unless you're requesting a canine(not werewolf) template be made, or that your character will fall in to a template that already being worked on?
Auramune
Auramune
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Minerva (Jaena) Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:10 pm

What templates would those be? They're hybrids mostly in fashion, not in application of practical abilities. Other than slightly sharper canines.
Minerva (Jaena)
Minerva (Jaena)
Gummy Bear
Gummy Bear

Back to top Go down

Post  Kayeori Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:31 am

What Kitsune was asking for is the main characteristics of the race of your character/Body Alt. But if they are essentially human with just sharper canines then I don't believe there will be much need for a template for them. That's more of a single cosmetic change then another race. But that's just my opinion. Smile

--Edit--

Sorry I missed the part about the whole werewolf hybrid thing... -I can has special needs?- Anyways what Temo said. That's what we're refering to. We need all the specifics of this race so it can be submitted for approval.

Last edited by Kayeori on Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:48 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Because I'm a tard lol)
Kayeori
Kayeori
Dessert Dragon
Dessert Dragon

http://www.tumblr.com/blog/v0te4pi3

Back to top Go down

Post  Temo Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:38 am

http://rpsociety.heavenforum.org/t1906-honeko-the-fire-kitteh

See for an example of a racial template. This is what they be talking about - things similar to this will be in play in the future for characters with races outside the usual human/elf/giant group. Yes, this includes the numerous numbers of Fomorian races. Keep in mind you may have to change or adjust your character's race when those are put up.
Temo
Temo
Burrito Bison

http://pineappleyoshi.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Minerva (Jaena) Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:09 pm

I can represent the ears with a kitty hat a friend gave me, but she usually hides them under her hair, or under her hat.
Minerva (Jaena)
Minerva (Jaena)
Gummy Bear
Gummy Bear

Back to top Go down

Post  Auramune Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:29 pm

er, well.. Until you're able to come up with more information on your character's race(if she is a hybrid what is she a hybrid of), all the powers and weaknesses, I'll have to deny the request for the ears and fangs.

If you want, pm me and I can help you out and try to get you on the right track since there seems to be a misunderstanding on what needs to be done here to make this work.
Auramune
Auramune
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Minerva (Jaena) Tue Dec 28, 2010 5:40 pm

She's a Hybrid Wolf-Human... I dunno how much more specific I can be, since that was her race. They were a sub-terran race of hybrid Wolf-humans that were forced underground by marauding anti-fomorian humans, and they've lived as such ever since. However, years of non-combat activities and lack of cold desert night air has made some slight de-evolutions in the race, causing them to lose most of their fur, and most of their more apparent traits. Most of the residual traits are cosmetic, and offer no real improvement in battle. I dont really see what the issue really is... But if i still am not getting it, I'll have to PM you, aura.
Minerva (Jaena)
Minerva (Jaena)
Gummy Bear
Gummy Bear

Back to top Go down

Post  Auramune Tue Dec 28, 2010 6:09 pm

So, they're natural werewolves? Since werewolf and uh.. the dog fomors in Rundal(I think) are the only humanoid-wolf creatures in Mabi. At least that I've come across. Feel free to correct me on that.
Auramune
Auramune
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Mithos Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:21 pm

Auramune wrote:So, they're natural werewolves? Since werewolf and uh.. the dog fomors in Rundal(I think) are the only humanoid-wolf creatures in Mabi. At least that I've come across. Feel free to correct me on that.
Those dog fomors in Rundal are Gnolls. Razz
Mithos
Mithos
Mentor
Mentor

Back to top Go down

Post  Temo Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:08 am

Think she meant Fiodh's werewolves. There's also lycans. Razz
Temo
Temo
Burrito Bison

http://pineappleyoshi.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Veleth Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:12 am

Minerva (Jaena) wrote:She's a Hybrid Wolf-Human... I dunno how much more specific I can be, since that was her race. They were a sub-terran race of hybrid Wolf-humans that were forced underground by marauding anti-fomorian humans, and they've lived as such ever since. However, years of non-combat activities and lack of cold desert night air has made some slight de-evolutions in the race, causing them to lose most of their fur, and most of their more apparent traits. Most of the residual traits are cosmetic, and offer no real improvement in battle. I dont really see what the issue really is... But if i still am not getting it, I'll have to PM you, aura.

Well, let me go through this and tell you piece by piece what people are trying to confirm.

#1) You say she's a wolf/human hybrid. So you're stating that a human had intercourse with a wolf and produced an offspring that was a mix of the two? There are two groups of wolf humanoids that exist in Mabinogi: the werewolves found in Fiodh and other locations and the wolves that transform when exposed to mana (Black wolf pets).

#2) You state that they were forced underground by anti-fomorian humans. So are they Fomors? How do they survive under those conditions? Why exactly would they require cold, desert air to thrive? Additionally, you use the term 'most' quite often. "Most of the residual traits are cosmetic." This implies that there are other traits that are not cosmetic and may provide an improvement in battle that you're not telling us about.

Now if you are trying to create yet another group of creatures to inhabit a world that's rich with options, I'd suggest waiting for Powers 3.0 and going off of what RPS will allow.
Veleth
Veleth
Gummy Sandworm
Gummy Sandworm

Back to top Go down

Post  Minerva (Jaena) Wed Dec 29, 2010 2:49 pm

I suppose if you wanted to narrow it down to a pre-existing race, it would have to be Werewolves, natural. Though I'm not particularly fond of that notion, I wont argue against it if it means making things easier on you guys. Creating a whole new species seems a bit troublesome, and I'd rather this not be put on hold until 3.0 is perfected. If you'll allow it, I will concede that the race i've described is a form of Werewolf Naturals, (Humanoid werewolves that can transform at will or are forced to under certain conditions) granted that I will have to make a few serious modifications to her storyline.

Time to make this MUCH more detailed.

In regards to the storyline, The cold desert air was a way of explaining (Albeit poorly executed) that they used to be nomadic and roamed in small warpacks. I'll go even further to say that these packs were approximately 10-20 individuals per pack. Anti-fomorian humans, coupled with a nathural phobia for things that people cant understand, is what led to this milletian race's exile. The humans drove the few packs that would not flee into extinction, adding to genetic stresses, like a smaller gene pool and less breeding possibilites, such as inter-pack relations. Those that did flee had to do so by moving under the sands of longa, their previous home. It started out as a simple cave-dwelling existence, where the individual pack members had to contribute to their pack by leaving on food-gathering expeditions. This soon became illogical and much more difficult as human-colonization and expansion began to yet again encroach on their home. The surviving packs banded together and began to construct an intricate and advanced civilization underground. Most of the professions that were hewn from this existence were excellent stoneworkers, craftsman, and smithys. Other professions that came along with time was an advanced system of agricultural understanding. Mana, concentrated into a small ball, and placed at the apex of main chambers and intersections could imitate sunlight, and projected a fair amount of heat and ultraviolet radiation into the artificial ecosystem. Alternately, smaller balls of light that produced much less could simulate a night sky. Air, pumped in from secret above-ground filtration systems (Now available for archeological and L-rod excavation in Longa desert) allowed the introduction of small-scale farming. As the population grew, however, vegetation and farming was not enough to feed everyone, and so several nighttime raids on Filia, a newly-constructed Elvish city, granted the underground a alternate food source, which was made more permanent after raiding became dangerous. This lasted for nearly a century, and the population underground expanded explosively. Inevitably, pack rivalry (In other words, gangs) began to erode at the edges of the society, and soon after, disease and finally, the all-too-effective Plague was introduced. The population underground began to drop at an alarming rate. Within a few years, the population had all but evaporated completely, leaving only ruins and dried blood under the sands.

When I used the term 'most' of their traits I meant that they still have canine ears, covered in thick light brown to black fur, depending on their overall haircolor, and residual canines. Transformation would present an issue, since Minerva cannot transform. That is why I'm suggesting the Genetics problem. Over time, genetics disallowed continued transformation among certain families, presenting another form of inter-pack hatred and prejudice. Pureblood versus Mutts, if you will.

If it still needs boiling down, I will try my hardest.

Last edited by Minerva (Jaena) on Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:47 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : In-game knowledge was tantamount to learning.)
Minerva (Jaena)
Minerva (Jaena)
Gummy Bear
Gummy Bear

Back to top Go down

Post  Minerva (Jaena) Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:29 pm

Still waiting on continuance. I am NOT requesting a new race.
Minerva (Jaena)
Minerva (Jaena)
Gummy Bear
Gummy Bear

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down