Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Bloodstained Arrowhead's Memory

2 posters

Go down

The Bloodstained Arrowhead's Memory Empty The Bloodstained Arrowhead's Memory

Post  Temo Sun Aug 29, 2010 4:12 am

Deep within Cuilin's rock quarry of the Shadow Realm lied a forgotten battlefield. Whoever planned for the ambush to take place there meant for it to never be found, judging by the way rocks had been set to fall around it. The trap was never triggered, judging by the dark-robed corpse slumped near a lever to a part of it - with an arrow in his head. Below lay several Fomorian lancers and warriors - from the decay, they must have been there for months already. Aside from these corpses, there was one other that was different. He sat slumped against a boulder, with an arrow lodged deep within his ribcage and a few slashes through his unmarked uniform, showing wounds where he'd bled out a long time ago; but what made him different the rest was the fact that he had the wings, horns, and tail of an incubus.

Around his neck hung a pendant, which gave off a faint glimmer of light in contrast to the dreary surroundings - a silver, bloodstained arrowhead with a cable slipped through its base to be exact. Good luck charm of sorts - unfortunately that luck seemed to have run out. Whoever were to touch it would find the final thoughts of the incubus passing through their mind:

...cus...focus...

Learned...learned this when studying enchantments...don't know if it's working; but this is a bad time to double check.

Poison's worked too far in my system...lost too much blood...tired...don't think I can hold out much longer. Messed up bad...strange way to spend my last moments. Shouldn't even have the pleasure. Archer should've finished me off by now if he was still breathing...guess my shot hit too. Thankful for that really...just...didn't want to disappear without a trace.

Shouldn't dwell on that. Don't have much time. Need to say it. I'll start out with this: My name is Silvreno Eir, son of Fenrir Eir - loathe as I am to admit it. I never agreed with my father's wishes for Erinn. I barely understood what they were. I only knew what he was doing, how he was doing it, the affect it had on the world and its people were wrong. I've always wanted to protect this world. I grew up trying to do so, even when it rejected and cursed me. All for the sake of the one woman - wanted to show her the world wasn't as terrible a place as she thought. Silly, isn't it? Maybe cliche even - a forgotten prince forsaking his birthright for love. Hahaha. Still, I don't regret it.

Well, that's...not entirely true. I made a lot of bad choices - ones that lead me to the deathbed of mud I'm laying in right now. Temple Knights...I should've never stuck with them for so long. I didn't know what else to do though. I didn't know what all they knew. I just knew that...I needed to protect my family. They said they'd keep them safe if I cooperated. That they'd watch over them. But I knew what else that meant. Watching implied doing so in secrecy - with assassins like me no less. Everything the Temple Knights do is in secrecy. They do whatever it takes to make sure it stays that way. Lai and Rei's lives were at stake if I ever failed them.

They didn't have to bother. They knew I was Fomor. They could have killed me at any time they wanted to. They didn't - not so long as we had a common goal. Probably the only thing that did keep us from each other's throats was the ideal of wanting to protect Erinn.

So why is my corpse going to be found with one of their poison arrows through the chest? Among a bunch of Fomors I was ambushed by? Why kill me now? This mission - it was a setup of course. I went too far. Naturally, they were going to get scared. Orders were to stay away from Father and his war. Don't even think about going to get help from him. Stay out of confrontations with Requiem to be on the safe side. Was being watched to make sure it didn't happen. I walked the line on that order far too much. Blew it when looking for that...thing in Courcle. Thought I'd lost my tail but...

Then again here in the Shadow Realm (I hate the sky here. Rotten place to die). Requiem activity in the area...tried to avoid them. Didn't really have much of a choice when found out, but apparently killing witnesses wasn't enough. For me anyway - was for them to decide I was a liability. I should've been more paranoid about it. Started getting simpler missions. Thought it was just because of the times. Further away from home too. Further away from my family...stupid. By the time I figured out what was going on...well, here I am. Bright side is me dying leaves them off the hook. No reason to keep stalking them now. That's good.

Getting cold...can't tell if eyes are open anymore....too dark...it's fine now. Just...just didn't want to disappear...not without somebody being able to know. Did what I could to protect Erinn...did it for Laikika. For Reikika. My wife and daughter...

All for family.

Just wish I could at least...see them...one...more--

[[Sadly yes, you've read right. Silvreno has passed away. I promised something on his last moments, so this is me delivering. Sad]]
Temo
Temo
Burrito Bison

http://pineappleyoshi.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

The Bloodstained Arrowhead's Memory Empty Re: The Bloodstained Arrowhead's Memory

Post  Auramune Sun Aug 29, 2010 9:50 am

<<Oh my.. That was sad. I hope you don't mind this posted here- it has to do with Lai and Reno.>>

She didn't make a habit out of this; and likely would never admit it. But she knew the pain of lost love; and Lai had seemed to share the same pain she had, once before. A figure in a robe, who's hood took on a strange shape, entered the church in Tir. The wee hours of the morning. No one would be around to see her; to ask why a 'former Requiem' would be kneeling down in front of a pew and bringing her hands up in prayer.

"I know that.. I shouldn't be the one asking this of you.. But I've been told that you are a merciful god. If it's your will, please bring back the man named Reno to Lai...

There she remained in Tir, until the church began to fill. Aura would leave; but return the next evening to pray again. Hoping for a miracle.
Auramune
Auramune
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down