Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RO2: Legend of the Second

4 posters

Go down

RO2: Legend of the Second Empty RO2: Legend of the Second

Post  Auramune Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:23 pm

So, i've never played the first RO, but I've always been interested in it. But the second one looks so amazing. Kind of what I'd expect Mabi2 to look like. 3d cell-shaded world.

I guess NA OB is starting on the 18th. So I registered.
Auramune
Auramune
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

RO2: Legend of the Second Empty Re: RO2: Legend of the Second

Post  Khunvyel Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:30 pm

Ah memories Very Happy I remember having played RO as the first MMO which I actually put effort in, and was very enticed by the RO2 announcement in 2007. All the footage looked like finally a good Anime-esque transport to 3D, while keeping the artstyle and feeling from its predecessor.
Khunvyel
Khunvyel
Mentor
Mentor

Back to top Go down

Post  Raxsus Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:15 pm

I don't mean to rain on anyone's parade but...
This game is pretty meh.
Raxsus
Raxsus
Gummy Bear
Gummy Bear

Back to top Go down

Post  Khunvyel Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:17 am

I don't want to rain on your parade but... opinions are subjective Smile of course it cannot be viewed as a fully fledged game, because it is in Beta. Second, its Ragnarok Online, so they are definitely incorporating elements of the style of play of RO1 which might not sit well with everyone.
But instead of just saying "meh", what about giving solid arguments? Razz
Khunvyel
Khunvyel
Mentor
Mentor

Back to top Go down

Post  Auramune Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:28 am

Honestly, I've learned not to go off the opinions of anyone, except for like one person, when it comes to games/movies/music/life. Because most peoples opinions on good and bad, no offense to anyone xD, suck. I'd rather find out first hand xD.
Auramune
Auramune
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Temo Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:29 pm

Think it'll still be a grindfest like the first one? That's perhaps my only hangup about it. :c
Temo
Temo
Burrito Bison

http://pineappleyoshi.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Auramune Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:42 am

Caught this on their facebook:

So a few topics that need better addressing: How is this beta being done? And which territories are we not allowed to service? How is the item shop being handled? When is Official launch?

1. This will be a Beta, we aren't restricting how many can join, so it is "open" but we will be wiping when it is done so we can really tweak with things to the point of game imbalancing without effecting long term game economy and balance. If you reach level 10 during the beta on 1 character that name will be available to you alone for 60 days after our launch.

We debated doing a closed then an open beta. But the closed beta would not have answered many of the issues we actually needed to test, such as performance under high user numbers. The game has effectively had its closed beta test with 2 versions already launching.

2. Who is our territory? We are officially North America, Europe and Oceania (Australia). Places that we know there are players that would want to play here but we have to restrict access for is SEA areas and Brazil. This is unfortunate for us and for them, but that is what needs to happen when there are multiple partners servicing the game in specific geographic areas.

3. We will have an item shop, though with different prices and different durations on items from the shop. Much ado about short duration items is being addressed by making more items permanent. Mounts will be durational, but with how the systems works for them it shouldn't be much of an impact to you. Costumes by and large will be permanent so you can combine them and use them for other in-game purposes. During the beta we may open up the item shop to test out the payment processes. However, if we do so anything you buy you will receive again during the Commercial service so in effect you didn't spend anything during the Beta period.

4. Beta is intended to be ~ 5 days, and then be down about a week or so, for us to make changes and updates to make sure we are 100% ready to launch. If there is some showstopper bug or problem we will of course delay the launch to avoid putting out a problem product.
Auramune
Auramune
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Raxsus Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:35 pm

Temo wrote:Think it'll still be a grindfest like the first one? That's perhaps my only hangup about it. :c

I've played RO2, and yes, it is a grindfest of massive proportion.
Raxsus
Raxsus
Gummy Bear
Gummy Bear

Back to top Go down

Post  Khunvyel Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:12 pm

RO1 was pretty much a nobrainer to level 70, even back in the days when it was just the first rebirth with Job Classes 2.5 And even past 70, you had it extremely easy when you did party leveling, which was the natural state of the game, to be fair. 91+ was when it got interesting.
But honestly, what do you expect from a game where leveling was everything it was about? Literally basing itself off the genre of Diablo Very Happy But every game that wants to hit on the NA / EU market as well, HAS to strip away certain areas of grinding, because the mindset is a totally different one than in the far east, so we will see how the final product of RO2 is going to be.
Khunvyel
Khunvyel
Mentor
Mentor

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum