Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Message Board Security

+3
Dellinger
Auramune
Cyler
7 posters

Go down

Message Board Security Empty Message Board Security

Post  Cyler Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:46 pm

A blonde female with short hair and blue eyes, wearing yellow Tioz armor approaches the board. She leans against a wall and and writes on multiple pieces of papers for many minutes. She later then posted her first page in the Tara Square board.

Hello everyone. My name is Rin Kida and I have posted this because it seems that these message boards are being abused. Or should be monitored. I wanted to make a petition saying that there should be Board guards that should block all slander or other inappropriate things that could be seen as offensive. Also so if there are threats against certain towns or people it could be reviewed by a guard first or administrator of sorts to see if it is considered as suspicious behavior or normal. It is just my thought...I love being able to just look at these boards without seeing any slander or threats. It would also be good for security. Thank you for reading my message, if you support my thoughts sign my petition. If not then just walk away like a decent human being.

----------

----------

----------

----------

----------

She continued to go from board to board and town to town, posting. She finally finished up in Tir and decided to go home to her family.

((The lines are just name lines. If your character signs just put their name or Alias in the quote bar please! There is also pages under this post so there is more than just a few name slots.))

Cyler
Cyler
Sweet Tart Sucubus
Sweet Tart Sucubus

Back to top Go down

Message Board Security Empty Re: Message Board Security

Post  Auramune Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:33 pm

A letter was placed on top of the one Dunbarton.

"If you can't handle it, then don't look. Maybe your mommy and daddy should monitor your what you read, rather than some spoiled brat trying to silence the voice of the community. Words are words. Maybe once you're out of diapers you'll be able to handle them better."

On the first line of the first note, it's signed I. C. Weiners.
Auramune
Auramune
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Dellinger Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:20 pm

The man in question leaves the one in Emain Macha unsigned, but he does leave the following note on the bottom of the bulletin board:

Personally, I feel this is a tad too extreme. Everyone has the right to freedom of speech, that I will state up front. Whether people opt to use this in a way that's constructive or not is ultimately their choice. The city, as an entity, has the responsibility to respect that.

That said, the needless posts from children still learning new insults and different biological posts is astounding. Don't we have a mail system for that?

~Z
Dellinger
Dellinger
Dragon
Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Glaceon Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:26 pm

While I will admit the one post was a tad bit, the point is still clear.

If you have an issue with the freedom people have in writing posts, that's your problem, and shouldn't need to bother everyone with it. A great deal of people enjoy the freedom with the bulletin. If you love safe posting so much, go marry it. I have no issues and will more than often ignore the offensive posts, I implore you to do the same.
Glaceon
Glaceon
Glas Ghoblehht
Glas Ghoblehht

Back to top Go down

Post  Temo Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:36 pm

Rather than being added to the responses on the boards, a letter was sent to Rin Kida directly:

Spoiler:
Temo
Temo
Burrito Bison

http://pineappleyoshi.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Soifa Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:25 am

You'd have better luck going and punching people in the face for posting offensive things than getting this petition fully signed.
Written by Carolei Vyra
Soifa
Soifa
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Lilieath Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:20 am

While I profess everyone should have a right to free speech, there are also times where certain bulletins need to be scrutinized for major security threats, such as the recent bulletins accompanying the arson cases. Therefore it falls upon the duty of the local constabulary to "punch people in the face" for posting offensive (threatening) things. Don't ask me why the guards weren't already doing this, but at least in Dunbarton if the rest of the guards don't take this practice up then it will be my own personal contribution to public safety.

~LiLieath
( PS- I punch hard <3 )

Lilieath was a tad twitchy on the topic of security and safety in wake of the arsons, and it clearly showed in her note. She also sent a letter to Eavan about teaching guards new and old which kinds of bulletins would warrant further investigation, and hoped it didn't get buried in her piles of love letters. Finally she signed the petition and went back to her patrols, wondering if she should hire a servant to mind the house while she was on active guard duty.
Lilieath
Lilieath
Wolf in Designer Clothing
Wolf in Designer Clothing

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down