Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Entine's Experiment: Designation Geminus J-38

+4
Kasutoro
Soifa
Auramune
Dellinger
8 posters

Go down

Entine's Experiment: Designation Geminus J-38 Empty Entine's Experiment: Designation Geminus J-38

Post  Dellinger Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:58 am

IC Item: Geminus

Item Class: Ego'd Golem

OOC Item: A Reindeer Pet

Description: One of two ego golems created by Lucius Entine many ages ago. The 'shell' of Geminus includes a very large hunk of iron with gold inlays, floating horizontal to the ground. Several other iron-with-gold stones make structures that are similar to golem legs and limbs. However, all four of these seem to have the designation for walking. At the top of the large hunk of Iron rests an obscenely large ruby. Behind this ruby, were it to be forcibly removed, would be found a spirit stone as one would use to enchant a weapon.

Through magic, it is able to perceive the world around it as a golem would. It is primarily powered by lightning crystals (the item for resisting lightning magic), which are embedded within each specific stone of the golem. The large iron hunk requires 6 to power itself. All stones are replaced in a year, or Geminus 'collapses' for a time until able to move again. Geminus speaks to others as other egos would speak to them.

Geminus is not a combat golem. His structure and design were too clumsy to do much of anything. The most that he can do is act as a slight battering ram, but that would risk damaging the ruby protecting his ego. The ego that is housed in Geminus is fairly bland, it would seem, but holds eiditic memory for anything brought to it's attention. In this manner, it is the record keeper of the Bandit guild, and can recite any information relating to things the Corenite know to a member of the guild with proper authorization.

Effects: See above. Can clarify. Also, the ruby glows. Because lightning crystals and magic.

Notes: This was approved of before, but I would like to revise it to be officially under the new powers rules. Haven't has official use for him until recently, so hence why I forgot about this. He is a character that has been established since before my organization, and has had a decent role in the organization and some private RPs, so I could like constructive criticism to find a way to approve of this.

Notes2: Geminus can be permanently destroyed if the body of the golem is damaged beyond repair, meaning the 'lightning crystal' slots are damaged heavily, the iron hunk destroyed, or the ruby is damaged heavily so it no longer protects the ego.

Notes3: Exclusive to the Corenite Trading Guild, unless something big happens. If something big happens, Geminus is probably on his way to being destroyed.

Level: 1-2 (Kind of a reskin, but kind of not: Levels didn't seem to adequately represent what I'm requesting)
Dellinger
Dellinger
Dragon
Dragon

Back to top Go down

Entine's Experiment: Designation Geminus J-38 Empty Re: Entine's Experiment: Designation Geminus J-38

Post  Auramune Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:32 am

So, it resists lightning magic?

What if someone comes along, in a pvp, and hits your reindeer with a lightning bolt/thunder?
Auramune
Auramune
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Entine's Experiment: Designation Geminus J-38 Empty Re: Entine's Experiment: Designation Geminus J-38

Post  Soifa Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:38 am

What Aura said..and how do you make TWO egos? Spirit weapons are typically limited to one per person and not shareable..
Soifa
Soifa
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Kasutoro Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:39 am

Reminds me of the Prothean V.I. from Mass Effect, in the way that it acts like a library to those with proper clearance.
Kasutoro
Kasutoro
Gummy Bear
Gummy Bear

https://www.facebook.com/Kawayro

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenelm Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:47 am

*points to the Corenite's organization thread* You can find the history on Geminus over there.
Kenelm
Kenelm
Mentor
Mentor

Location : Dallas-Fort Worth metro, Texas, United States, GMT-6

Back to top Go down

Post  Xeek Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:11 pm

Small question: Is it a golem or an ego?

Golems are living, can't ego a living thing.... though that would be interesting...
Xeek
Xeek
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Dellinger Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:34 pm

Answering in order with one amendment on my part, italicized parts being the more important parts to your answers:

Aura
  • In effect, I'd say minor resist for a time. However, as with the last rendition, I believe I stated that if it was hit with a large amount of lightning magic, it 'shuts down' for a time. Meaning then the individual in question could remove the lighting crystals, forcibly remove the ego by whatever process normally removes egos, or just break the device. I would reinstate this rule.

Soifa
  • Geminus was originally a creation of Entine. Effectively 'released.' For all intents and purposes, Zachary Dellinger is and has been the owner of the ego. It was originally created by Entine for spying purposes, and failed quite miserably at betraying Dellinger. Originally I had it that Dell had issues harnessing and controlling mana. I still don't have him doing much magic IC because of that.

Xeek
  • Actually, I appreciate this question a lot. It was -not- a living golem before the process. It was a huge hunk of iron metal that interacted with the ego and the crystals. The term I'm using is an effective "Is like" term. He acts like a golem, but is primarily an ego. Also, effectively, see below.

Amendment:
  • Geminus cannot 'release the spirit.' Most of the energy that would go into that 'attack' goes elsewhere in keeping him 'active,' so to speak, so he never 'leveled up' enough to use the ability. As he has no combat abilities, I am effectively forbidding him from ever having release the spirit. It is entire inappropriately for him.
  • Should Geminus ever be destroyed, Zach will probably make him his actual spirit weapon.

Hopefully that answers everyone's questions adequately. If there is anything else you need to ask as follow-ups to this, feel free to do so. Otherwise indicate "Satisfactory" and I'll update the previous request with what has been listed here.

Last edited by Dellinger on Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dellinger
Dellinger
Dragon
Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Dellinger Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:48 pm

Further clarification:
  • After talking with Soifa. The normal way egos are made is the precise way this failed for Lucius. He didn't know. And felt pretty retarded after that. We call this in history the "Lucius Entine Super-Fail Extravaganza." Zachary Dellinger was the one who formed the contract with Geminus, which resulted in the LESFE. Lucius was not happy to take a bite of humble pie and get a druid to do things, or then subsequently lose control of the ego. With this fix, it would not conflict with the existence of Loro, and if it would, Loro would be trashed completely.
Dellinger
Dellinger
Dragon
Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Auramune Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:31 pm

Dellinger wrote:
Aura
In effect, I'd say minor resist for a time. However, as with the last rendition, I believe I stated that if it was hit with a large amount of lightning magic, it 'shuts down' for a time. Meaning then the individual in question could remove the lighting crystals, forcibly remove the ego by whatever process normally removes egos, or just break the device. I would reinstate this rule,

Since this golem ego is a specific personality/ego, I wouldn't suggest removing the ego from the rocks. When you cancel a spirit contract, you lose both the spirit and the weapon itself. Meaning the entire thing would poof if you did that.
Auramune
Auramune
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Dellinger Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:34 pm

Aura:
  • I wouldn't suggest it either, but I'm covering all the bases, so it is within the realm of possibility the ego could be destroyed in such a fashion. I don't see it likely to happen, but it might just happen. And then Geminus goes poofydoodles.

Does that adequately answer? =D
Dellinger
Dellinger
Dragon
Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Xeek Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:52 pm

Cleared on my side~
Xeek
Xeek
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Auramune Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:25 am

That's fine for me, Dell xD.
Auramune
Auramune
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Soifa Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:21 am

If there are no more inquiries or issues from colors or members, I'm giving the first approval.

LET THE CELEBRATION BEGIN! -throws a party-
Entine's Experiment: Designation Geminus J-38 Meyou10
Soifa
Soifa
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Dalvar Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:36 am

This is fine.
Approved.
Dalvar
Dalvar
Councilor
Councilor

http://Dalvar.Deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Dellinger Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:30 pm

Anyone else?
Dellinger
Dellinger
Dragon
Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Dellinger Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:13 pm

Bu Bump.
Dellinger
Dellinger
Dragon
Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Teoxihuitl Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:03 pm

Thought I had already given my approval.

Approved.
Teoxihuitl
Teoxihuitl
Sweet Tart Sucubus
Sweet Tart Sucubus

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum