Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pen and Paper brought to you by Dal and Dell.

+5
Danichuu
Auramune
Dalvar
Xenny
Dellinger
9 posters

Go down

Pen and Paper brought to you by Dal and Dell. Empty Pen and Paper brought to you by Dal and Dell.

Post  Dellinger Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:18 am

-plays the old phonograph-

Dal has suggested I offer to run a Pen and Paper game for interested guildies. So here's my offer. I'm a fairly experienced plot writer for small games and stories. So, I'm thinking I'd prefer to run in either of the following systems:

Iron Kingdoms - Setting is primarily steam-punk mixed with heavy fantasy. Lots of classes. Lots of items. Very few ways to get you guys the books needed to make it happen unless someone happens to find the new PDF online.

Dark Heresy - In the grim darkness of the far future, there is only the Imperial Inquisition, which no one expects. Not even the imperial inquisition. Slightly intrigue based. Slightly horrific. If your character never dies, goes insane, or becomes corrupted by chaos, I'll give you a cookie. Fairly solid, standard classes. A setting both Dal and I are extensively familiar with. And I can run a tutorial one-shot for people thinking their interested. Resources would be available via dropbox.

D&D - The namesake. Lots of books to research, and you need to know your characters, but a highly malleable system otherwise. The mainstay and 'forerunner' of pen and paper. We'd be running 3.5, and we could ~probably~ get you the resources.

Other systems I could run include Mage: The Awakening, World of Darkness, possibly a Changling game if I could figure out the rules. Other systems I could possibly work into as well.

Dark Heresy is my recommendation if we're starting afresh, though. But if people are interested, comment below and list your top three choices. (Dal, that means you too)
Dellinger
Dellinger
Dragon
Dragon

Back to top Go down

Pen and Paper brought to you by Dal and Dell. Empty Re: Pen and Paper brought to you by Dal and Dell.

Post  Xenny Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:20 am

Dark Heresy sounds really really fun.
Xenny
Xenny
Kosher Dill Troll
Kosher Dill Troll

Back to top Go down

Pen and Paper brought to you by Dal and Dell. Empty Re: Pen and Paper brought to you by Dal and Dell.

Post  Dalvar Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:25 am

I've been wanting to try out Only War, Don't Rest Your Head, Scion, and Burning Wheel so any of those would be g-

Ooooh, you meant things on your list?

Well, I guess I wouldn't mind Dark Heresy, but I argue with you when you say it has "standard classes".
Dalvar
Dalvar
Councilor
Councilor

http://Dalvar.Deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Auramune Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:36 am

I used to GM for an online 3.5d&d fantasy steampunk with some medieval factors in it. We used the online srd and dnd books as guides. It wasn't played out in sessions, as much as it was an ongoing free form RP world, with "questing" available whenever the GMs did them. We used online irc dice scripts, and hosted it on a irc gaming server. It was extremely well done and fun. =) But this sort of thing that I was a part of took about a year to open completely. So I don't suggest something that huge unless you're looking to make it a long-term project.

good luck tho!
Auramune
Auramune
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Dellinger Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:37 am

Aura: Player base will be 3-5 players. And fairly open world, but guided. As most of my games can be.
Dellinger
Dellinger
Dragon
Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Danichuu Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:56 am

+10049503 cool points for my favorite Caravan Palace song.

Also, Dark Heresy sounds like fun!
Danichuu
Danichuu
Kosher Dill Troll
Kosher Dill Troll

http://danichuu.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Dellinger Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:51 am

Dark Heresy is the name of the game.
Dani, Xenny, and Dal are in.

Anyone else interested?
Dellinger
Dellinger
Dragon
Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Kuralin Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:31 am

Sure, never really done anything like that before.

Kuralin
Kandy Korn Ogre
Kandy Korn Ogre

Back to top Go down

Post  Glaceon Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:56 am

I'll try it out I guess
Glaceon
Glaceon
Glas Ghoblehht
Glas Ghoblehht

Back to top Go down

Post  Xenny Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:53 am

PM me your skypes and I'll add you to the group. If you don't have a skype, get one.
Xenny
Xenny
Kosher Dill Troll
Kosher Dill Troll

Back to top Go down

Post  Dellinger Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:44 pm

That is the cut-off. 5 might be too much; if so, we'll see what happens.
But so far. Welcome to the fold. I hope you have a nice life in this game. 8D
Dellinger
Dellinger
Dragon
Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Peldari Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:08 am

If anyone drops out, I'd like to call dibs on their spot.
Peldari
Peldari
Kandy Korn Ogre
Kandy Korn Ogre

http://peldari.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenelm Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:46 am

I would be interested in AD&D 3.5.
Kenelm
Kenelm
Mentor
Mentor

Location : Dallas-Fort Worth metro, Texas, United States, GMT-6

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum