Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Ban-Hammering

2 posters

Go down

The Ban-Hammering Empty The Ban-Hammering

Post  Auramune Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:25 pm

I know, throughout RPS history, glitch abuse(like river glitch), modifications(such as text, buildings, and other crap) has been a discussion. Although, it's never been promoted or allowed in rps, I wanted to share this bit of news.

Sabina wrote:
Hello,

First I would like to thank everyone who has offered their support for Mabinogi through all these years. I understand that there have been many ups and downs, a lot of miscommunications, and a lot of upset players. Recently, one of the main concerns has been players stating they were banned for data mining. There have been a lot of rumors circulating about this, and accusations of Nexon trying to silence our players. We have mentioned many times that we are not banning players for what they do outside of the game. All we request is that you do not post your data mined information on the official Mabinogi forums, and if you wish to be officially acknowledged as a fansite you would need to follow certain rules.

After making the recent posts regarding data mined information, many players have used this as an excuse for their recent bans. This has caused a lot of anger throughout the community and we would like to clear up these matters. There have also been some players who are unsure as to why they are banned, or are saying it was wrongfully done.

Below is a list of reasons that people have been permanently banned in recent times. This list includes the reasons for banning players such as Indexu of Alexina, Ikkisuki of Ruairi, Barding of Tarlach, and Araria of Ruairi.

Each player had at least two if not more of following violations:

Packet editing
Duping items
Stacked elves
Extensive client modification
Multi-clienting
Numerous counts of glitch exploitation
Inappropriate names

Please know that we never wish to call attention to specific players but we are doing this for the rest of the community. We want you to know that we do not wish to silence you or to ban you over trivial matters. Only when you are caught engaging in actual violations of our Terms of Use, will you be banned from the game. Again we do hope that this clears some of confusion that has been spreading on the fansites and that you all fully understand what is and is not allowed in Mabinogi.

Thank you again,
-The Mabinogi Team-

Sauce: http://mabinogi.nexon.net/Community/forums#%2Fshowthread.php%3F648628-Addressing-Recent-Rumors-and-Concerns%26nxid%3D10
Auramune
Auramune
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

The Ban-Hammering Empty Re: The Ban-Hammering

Post  Soifa Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:31 pm

I'm just surprised they threw some names in there.
Soifa
Soifa
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Auramune Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:34 pm

I guess they did that because people were claiming these people were banned for data mining and posting on non-official sites(mabination and mww).
Auramune
Auramune
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Soifa Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:47 pm

Mabidata has always data mined, but the information is nice.

I don't see a harm in it but I can understand that NA Mabi would only want the truly OFFICIAL stuff out on their forums. We may or may not get what other servers have, but have the data hidden inside. It'd be annoying for everyone to know that and then constantly spam asking for it when we either can't have it(exclusive to a region) or NA is changing it.
Soifa
Soifa
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Auramune Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:49 pm

Right, I don't see a problem with it either. I don't see a problem with helpful mods, too.. But it's still against their rules and junk. Which is cool.

I think part of the data mining problem, besides what you've said, is those files were being hacked in to and stuff that we haven't gotten yet were being accessed by people in game. Like, some people were wearing the FML outfits, and having unreleased pets. It can be seen as a gate-way thing.
Auramune
Auramune
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum