Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This Is Like My Japanese Anime - Anime AU

+4
Bartholomew
Lynn17
Mari Eir
Adir
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

This Is Like My Japanese Anime - Anime AU Empty This Is Like My Japanese Anime - Anime AU

Post  Adir Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:02 pm

Today was just an ordinary shopping day at Target (or Walmart depending on your preference of stores) for you. You tell yourself that you just want to go in and out and ONLY pick up a few things you need and that you are on strictest budget. However, when walking past the electronic department, you hear the song of the consumerist siren. She calls you. You try to resist but you cannot ignore the urge anymore. You give in to the dreaded...

Dollar DVD bin.

After digging around a good 10 times in the bin you find mainly crappy movies and TV shows you never heard of. As you just about give up looking around in the bin, an annoying pink DVD box grabs your attention. Picking up the box the title reads in botched Engrish “Doki Doki Mabinogi Sparkling Heartsu Love.” By the looks of it the DVD only has three episodes, each looking as crazy as the next. An OVA, perhaps? Since it was just a dollar, you toss it in to the cart and go back to your merry way of shopping.

A month later, you find the DVD under your bed. It’s raining out and with nothing better to do you toss it into your player and watch it.
------------------------

How will this AU Work?: Since I’m pretty bad at making plots, this AU will be considered an “sandbox” which means anything goes. If you have an idea for a plot then go for it! Just make sure it’s ridiculous. Please do not toss around Japanese words. Not everyone understands “otaku” slang.

Tell me more about the setting: Each city in modern day Uladh each with a distinctive feel to it. Monorails allow for ease of transportation between cities as well as cars. No need to worry about property damage if you get into an epic battle. It happens every week.

Tir- Welcome to the Suburbs
Your typical sleepy suburbs in the middle of a heavily forest area. Nothing too special but forest is a great way to hide away from the world, like ninjas.

Cobh - Sleepy Seaside Town
A fishing town with the heavenly scent of ocean. A little bigger than Tir most people visit this town to visit the beaches to take a dip into the ocean during the hotter weather. Various abandon builds dot the ports.

Taillteann - Hotspot for Technology Action
The most advanced city in all of Uladh! Ranging from buying a new MP3 player to checking out the showroom for the newest space age gadgets it’s all here.

Emain Macha -The Workhorse
Many corporations and schools/colleges have set up shop here. Smaller and cheaper restaurants are also in the city for the salaryman looking for a quick bite to eat.

Tara - Where the Rich and Fabulous Show Off
Looking for the hottest trend in fashion? Want to show off your newest duds? This city is for you. Full of trendy shops and restaurants that only the top class can afford. However, there are smaller karaoke bars and arcades for people with limited budget.

Rath Castle - Saint Seiya School of Finer Education for the Youth
The finest school in all of Uladh located in the city of Tara. Catering for grades 5-12 students the school offers only the best state of the art equipment for it’s students. School uniform is required and dorms are available for students who live too far away.

5-8 Uniforms
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

9-12 Uniforms

Side notes-
Sweaters come in navy and beige for 9-12

When you say ridiculous, how ridiculous?: Screaming attack names, over the top cutesy action, sweatdrops, sparkles and flowers out of nowhere, and gotta have the blue hair. I want everyone to be as over the top as they want.

How do I make a character for it?: Glad you asked! Just pop in your favorite anime and let the creative juices flow. You want to have a Magical girl or boy? Sparkle your heart out! Ninjas? Who doesn’t love them? Clumsy school girl that’s always late for school? Remember to eat your toast and run at the same time! Big beefy guy that screams and punches? Sure! As long as it’s an anime cliche the feel free to roll with it.

Can I be a villain?: Yep.

So if I’m evil, can I punch the magical girl/boy during transformation?: Nope, sorry. I know it’s tempting but try and be polite and let them sparkle. Besides, YOU get to do that, too.

Can I have giant mecha?: Since there isn’t exactly way to properly show giant mecha ICly PVP wise, not going to allow it.

CURSES! So what about pets?: Pets are allowed to act as familiars or guardian spirits. Think Luna/Artemis from Sailor Moon.

What races can I be?: Magical Girl/Boy is basically transforming from a normal everyday form to something they aren't entirely. Allowing Human/Elf/Giant is okay; but for anything else, it would have to strictly be saved for the transformation half. (e.g.: from human to Incubus; giant to Lycan) Bonus points for anyone who RPs as a giant magical girl/boy with sparkles.

So can I bring in the tenta--: NO! Let’s keep this at least PG-13. We don’t need anymore traumatized school girls in this. Keep it tame, people.

Hey, is slave trade in this?: ...No, why would there be?

But there could be--: No.

DISCLAIMER:
This AU is meant to be goofy, and generally poke fun at anime. If somehow you're sensitive to your favorite show being poked fun at then please do not join.

Last edited by Adir on Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Adir
Adir
Kandy Korn Ogre
Kandy Korn Ogre

Back to top Go down

This Is Like My Japanese Anime - Anime AU Empty Re: This Is Like My Japanese Anime - Anime AU

Post  Mari Eir Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:25 pm

Of course.. my favorite part of Erinn is the Target. Or the Walmart. 8D
Mari Eir
Mari Eir
Viking
Viking

Back to top Go down

This Is Like My Japanese Anime - Anime AU Empty Re: This Is Like My Japanese Anime - Anime AU

Post  Lynn17 Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:21 am

So....any kind of wacky char huh...?
......+___+
So...I could totally have Diren be like a certain overly-dramatic Grim reaper such as this?(even more than he already does act that way that is) (and actually -be- a reaper?) :D?
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

((Language in the first 3 seconds.))
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
hehehe....
Lynn17
Lynn17
Gummy Sandworm
Gummy Sandworm

Back to top Go down

Post  Bartholomew Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:31 am

Lynn17 wrote:So....any kind of wacky char huh...?
......+___+
So...I could totally have Diren be like a certain overly-dramatic Grim reaper such as this?(even more than he already does act that way that is) (and actually -be- a reaper?) Very Happy?
[Not including videos because size.]
Oh gawd. I wonder what his transformation to that would be. *swats away ideas with dozens of Sailor Moon and Revolutionary Girl Utena transformation sequences.* Someoneshootme. Tempting to think about, though.
Bartholomew
Bartholomew
Kosher Dill Troll
Kosher Dill Troll

Back to top Go down

Post  Lynn17 Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:32 am

Bartholomew wrote:
......+___+
So...I could totally have Diren be like a certain overly-dramatic Grim reaper such as this?(even more than he already does act that way that is) (and actually -be- a reaper?) Very Happy?
Oh gawd. I wonder what his transformation to that would be. *swats away ideas with dozens of Sailor Moon and Revolutionary Girl Utena transformation sequences.* Someoneshootme. Tempting to think about, though.

....oh lord LOL
Lynn17
Lynn17
Gummy Sandworm
Gummy Sandworm

Back to top Go down

Post  Mari Eir Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:35 am

Nope, my chars get the transformation sequences. :I
Mari Eir
Mari Eir
Viking
Viking

Back to top Go down

Post  Bartholomew Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:35 am

Lynn17 wrote:
Bartholomew wrote:
......+___+
....oh lord LOL
Mari Eir wrote:Nope, my chars get the transformation sequences. :I
QUICK, where's the mock-up someone did of Tony Starks transforming into Iron Man ala Sailor Moon?! That's one of the things that could fix this.

Last edited by Bartholomew on Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Bartholomew
Bartholomew
Kosher Dill Troll
Kosher Dill Troll

Back to top Go down

Post  Adir Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:37 am

Sparkles for everyone!
Adir
Adir
Kandy Korn Ogre
Kandy Korn Ogre

Back to top Go down

Post  Bartholomew Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:42 am

Yes~ Found it! (Spoiler'd for bum.)
Spoiler:
Bartholomew
Bartholomew
Kosher Dill Troll
Kosher Dill Troll

Back to top Go down

Post  Mari Eir Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:42 am

Bartholomew wrote:
Lynn17 wrote:
Bartholomew wrote:
......+___+
....oh lord LOL
QUICK, where's the mock-up someone did of Tony Starks transforming into Iron Man ala Sailor Moon?! That's one of the things that could fix this.
I was thinking of doing a series of stills actually to show the transformations. Just quick little sketches, probably semi chibi.
Mari Eir
Mari Eir
Viking
Viking

Back to top Go down

Post  Bartholomew Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:44 am

Mari Eir wrote:
Bartholomew wrote:
Lynn17 wrote:
Bartholomew wrote:
......+___+
....oh lord LOL
I was thinking of doing a series of stills actually to show the transformations. Just quick little sketches, probably semi chibi.
I smell a project.
Bartholomew
Bartholomew
Kosher Dill Troll
Kosher Dill Troll

Back to top Go down

Post  Lynn17 Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:59 am

Wait so only a few people are allowed to have transformation char's...? ._. You confused me.
Lynn17
Lynn17
Gummy Sandworm
Gummy Sandworm

Back to top Go down

Post  Bartholomew Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:20 am

Lynn17 wrote:

Wait so only a few people are allowed to have transformation char's...? ._. You confused me.
Adir's off, but I can handle questions for a bit, so here goes.

No, you can get them, too. Adir said sparkles for everyone.
Bartholomew
Bartholomew
Kosher Dill Troll
Kosher Dill Troll

Back to top Go down

Post  Vayne Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:21 am

*Insert blatant mockery of cliched shounen stereotyped powers*

Vayne: *Trans!* ..BUT WAIT, YOU HAVEN'T SEEN--
Vayne
Vayne
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Lynn17 Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:26 am

OHHH okay lol thank you Bart.

...and hehehe i got bored...Spoiler'd for size. Totally did a transformation sequence using the char simulator...xDDDD

Spoiler:
Lynn17
Lynn17
Gummy Sandworm
Gummy Sandworm

Back to top Go down

Post  Mari Eir Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:41 am

. . . Nice. xD *never thought of that*
Mari Eir
Mari Eir
Viking
Viking

Back to top Go down

Post  Lynn17 Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:50 am

Mari Eir wrote:. . . Nice. xD *never thought of that*
xD....I was bored...lol
Lynn17
Lynn17
Gummy Sandworm
Gummy Sandworm

Back to top Go down

Post  Lenaliere Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:40 pm

Filler Scenes and prolonged Arcs. NAMEK! HYA! This sounds fun.

EDIT: I have a transformation Sequence too. I made it a little smaller. Quack.
DOUBLE EDIT: The reason he droops after the third picture is due to the anime rule of new powers. After a transformation, the transformation is shown to be epic through either a head droop or a cloud of smoke. I chose head droop.
Lenaliere
Lenaliere
Rock Kandy Mountain Golem

Location : So far west of california that I'm west of the atlantic o3o

Back to top Go down

Post  Adhamh Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:42 pm

*leaves that there.*

Anyway, OOH OOOH. AURON. AURON. HE CAN BE THAT STEREOTYPICAL UNCARING/VASTLY INTELLIGENT/CALCULATING GUY THAT HAS A TENDENCY TO PUSH UP HIS GLASSES WITH HIS MIDDLE FINGER. Not sure about Adhamh. DESU DESU KAWAII SPARKLES \ o/

Or, I could make him much like the character he's similar to, Dr. Stein from Soul Eater. But then again, that's RP!Verse Auron. So this might not work...

Last edited by Adhamh on Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Adhamh
Adhamh
Cromm Crunch
Cromm Crunch

Location : Anywhere, everywhere, and nowhere all at the same time.

Back to top Go down

Post  Lenaliere Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:44 pm

ADHAMH SHOULD BE A MANLY MAN WHO HAS THE MANLINESS RUN IN HIS FAMILY FOR GENERATIONS! -flex and sparkle-

Anyway...
Can Auron... -pushes glasses up- see the ending?

Last edited by SainSunogiyaKida on Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:47 pm; edited 2 times in total
Lenaliere
Lenaliere

Back to top Go down

Post  Adhamh Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:45 pm

SainSunogiyaKida wrote:
Adhamh wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

*leaves that there.*

Anyway, OOH OOOH. AURON. AURON. HE CAN BE THAT STEREOTYPICAL UNCARING/VASTLY INTELLIGENT/CALCULATING GUY THAT HAS A TENDENCY TO PUSH UP HIS GLASSES WITH HIS MIDDLE FINGER. Not sure about Adhamh. DESU DESU KAWAII SPARKLES \ o/

ADHAMH SHOULD BE A MANLY MAN WHO HAS THE MANLINESS RUN IN HIS FAMILY FOR GENERATIONS! -flex and sparkle-

Anyway...
Can Auron... -pushes glasses up- see the ending?

LOL. ADHAMH'S MANLY MANLINESS HAS BEEN PASSED DOWN THE ANIMALIA FAMILY FOR GENERATIONS. *RIPS SHIRT, FLEEEEEXXXSPARKLE*
Adhamh
Adhamh
Cromm Crunch
Cromm Crunch

Location : Anywhere, everywhere, and nowhere all at the same time.

Back to top Go down

Post  Lenaliere Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:49 pm

BISHIE SPARKLE ON BROOOOO!
... I posted my Bio.

Yes, I am using this as a chance to make a parody.
Yes. Taro can mean Potato.
Yes, I did just use Swaggerpants in a bio.
Lenaliere
Lenaliere

Back to top Go down

Post  Lynn17 Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:17 pm

Hehe using the Grim Reapers thingy from black butler for Diren.
And SHUGO CHARA~! for Zain. <3
Lynn17
Lynn17
Gummy Sandworm
Gummy Sandworm

Back to top Go down

Post  Lenaliere Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:33 pm

Lynn17 wrote:Hehe using the Grim Reapers thingy from black butler for Diren.

You can probably guess what I'm parodying already Very Happy

Shugo Chara was cute.
Never read much into Black Butler.
Lenaliere
Lenaliere

Back to top Go down

Post  Lynn17 Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:52 pm

SainSunogiyaKida wrote:
Lynn17 wrote:Hehe using the Grim Reapers thingy from black butler for Diren.

You can probably guess what I'm parodying already Very Happy

Shugo Chara was cute.
Never read much into Black Butler.
Lol look look <3

Spoiler:
Lynn17
Lynn17
Gummy Sandworm
Gummy Sandworm

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next