Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hey, Please Watch this

+3
Auramune
Lenaliere
Adhamh
7 posters

Go down

Hey, Please Watch this Empty Hey, Please Watch this

Post  Adhamh Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:23 pm

Wanda Sykes man. She's awesome.
Adhamh
Adhamh
Cromm Crunch
Cromm Crunch

Location : Anywhere, everywhere, and nowhere all at the same time.

Back to top Go down

Hey, Please Watch this Empty Re: Hey, Please Watch this

Post  Lenaliere Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:31 pm

I remember this but could never remember WHO that woman was, nor what the commercial was called. I applaud you.
Lenaliere
Lenaliere
Rock Kandy Mountain Golem
Rock Kandy Mountain Golem

Location : So far west of california that I'm west of the atlantic o3o

Back to top Go down

Post  Adhamh Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:58 am

It's something that needs to be said and Wanda Sykes said it perfectly.
Adhamh
Adhamh
Cromm Crunch
Cromm Crunch

Back to top Go down

Post  Adhamh Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:14 am

It's been brought up to me that it's possible for this thread to be misconstrued as me "pointing fingers" at someone.

No.

This is me leaving a message for the guild, so people know that it's insulting when a term to describe one's sexual orientation is used as a term to describe something that's 'stupid', 'unfair', 'awful', etc.

The title was not directed at a specific person. If it were, I would've just messaged them with the video or something. No, this is directed at the guild as a whole. And honestly, so what if I were pointing fingers at someone? Using the term 'gay' as a synonym for 'stupid' is just plain wrong.
Adhamh
Adhamh
Cromm Crunch
Cromm Crunch

Back to top Go down

Post  Auramune Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:44 am

Eh, does it really need to be said? This should fall under Rule5, no insulting people. Whether or not gay is being used as an insult that doesn't fit the actual word, it's still an insult.

Spoiler:

Personally, I think this should be moved to a recycle bin or something. The thread, not the rule xD. And just point out that they are breaking a rule if they say it again. That simple.

I just don't think a thread needs to be made to acknowledge this ugly speech, to correct them. I don't know if something did happen, or not. But I don't feel this kind of thing should be publicly acknowledged any further than "don't say that"/a private conversation. If you're not addressing anyone in particular, then this really doesn't need to be broadcast, does it?
Auramune
Auramune
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Lynn17 Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:55 pm

\o/ I just straight up say "lol that's stupid" When it's something -everyone- thinks is stupid. xD....hehehe..I dropped that other habit of saying "Oh that's gay" like 9 months ago? o.o........\o/ Yay.
Lynn17
Lynn17
Gummy Sandworm
Gummy Sandworm

Back to top Go down

Post  Cyler Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:45 pm

Auramune wrote:Eh, does it really need to be said? This should fall under Rule5, no insulting people. Whether or not gay is being used as an insult that doesn't fit the actual word, it's still an insult.

Spoiler:

Personally, I think this should be moved to a recycle bin or something. The thread, not the rule xD. And just point out that they are breaking a rule if they say it again. That simple.

I just don't think a thread needs to be made to acknowledge this ugly speech, to correct them. I don't know if something did happen, or not. But I don't feel this kind of thing should be publicly acknowledged any further than "don't say that"/a private conversation. If you're not addressing anyone in particular, then this really doesn't need to be broadcast, does it?

But Aura...even though it IS in the rules, it can be used toward out of GC talk or whatever, which most likely happens a lot. I vote this stays honestly. It is a good reminder that sexual orientation is not a joke or another term for "Stupid". I mean of course, it is in the rules. But do you also see people using "Offensive language" a lot? I sure do. Even though it is honestly not a needed thing for the INTERNET. We can backspace, so it isn't really a matter of habit. I do not with for this to turn into a debate so I will not reply toward MY post or posts relating toward mine.

I thought the commercial was great. And she is a fantastic person, funny, nice, and inspiring. I use to watch The New Adventures of Old Christine JUST to see her. XD
Cyler
Cyler
Sweet Tart Sucubus
Sweet Tart Sucubus

Back to top Go down

Post  Mari Eir Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:22 pm

I loved the New Adventures of Old Christine.. xD I also loved her as Cricket in Will and Grace. XD
Mari Eir
Mari Eir
Viking
Viking

Back to top Go down

Post  Xeek Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:31 pm

I am sorry, but I think this video should be taken down. If someone does use the word in a matter it offends you, then point the rule out to them. But it shouldn't be in a general statement. As it does seem to trample another rule,
RPS. Religion, Politic, Sex.
While many may disagree this is both a discussion of SEX and POLITICS. (Might even got to Religion).

Also, you should not be offended by it. The word has more than one meaning, the term is not only used to describe happy and homesexuals, but the term is also used as the word 'lame' (No so much stupid). Just like the N-word is used as 'bro'. Keep in mind, I am not encouraging use of the word in such manner, I just don't believe it the video should be post it up.

So, in short, yes. I am offended by your video, and I believe you should remove it.

Lastly: Why is this in the creativity section?
Xeek
Xeek
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Mari Eir Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:00 pm

Sexuality isn't "Sex". It just shares the word for odd, biological purposes. Which actually doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

And I've gotta say, that was a terrible example with the "N" word in there. That's not acceptable either and IS offensive, whether or not you choose to accept it. It's also not your place to bring up such an example.

And how are you offended by a PSA..? Like, seriously. This is a public service announcement. I'd honestly like you to elaborate on how you find this offensive, because all I'm seeing is the general sense of ignorance conveyed by the (you guessed it) ignorant masses or mothers who watch Fox News. While people may not like it or say it should be common sense, please reference your own signature. We live in a day and age where if a table doesn't say "don't bang your head on the corner of this" and someone does it, they can sue because there was no warning label NOT to. I have had to tell people several times not to say this. Having this up as a reminder is perfectly fine, especially since the context it's usually used in has nothing to do with sex.

Spoiler:

Also, here's an idea. Let's stop throwing in our two cents on every little thing. Not everyone actually wants to start a conversation out of something. Sometimes they simply want people to listen. Sometimes we're meant for listening and this is one of those times.
Mari Eir
Mari Eir
Viking
Viking

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down