Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nogitsune's Exploding Marionettes(FEC)

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Nogitsune's Exploding Marionettes(FEC) Empty Nogitsune's Exploding Marionettes(FEC)

Post  Auramune Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:48 am

IC Item: Exploding Thingy
Item Class: Grand/Magical/Item
OOC Item: None- FEC
Description: Some special explosive material made by a powerful wizard that Nogi obtained after she killed, and then stole from. Nogi doesn't know how to make it, or remember the wizard. So she can't make more.
Effects: It amplifies explosions
Notes: Special item that has to do with the marionettes
Level: FEC

IC Item: 5 Exploding Marionettes
Item Class: Magical/Item
OOC Item: None- FEC
Description: The puppet is imbued with a lot of condensed mana, similar to blaze, leaving the puppet to be a ticking time bomb. With enough physical force applied, the puppet will explode. Each puppet is controlled by mana, similar to controlling a golem, therefore Nogitsune is able to control them herself from a safe distance. If she is unable to find a safe place to hide, she will have the doll carried in and detonated by other means( for example, having a person do it, or her pet monkey). Each puppet has the 'exploding thingy' material inside of them.
Effects: The explosion is VERY powerful, enough to break walls or incinerate a person upon contact.
Notes: (Since this may be brought up in questions) If someone happens to be wearing explosive reducing stuff it may not kill them, but whatever part of their body isn't covered, it would probably burn their skin off.
Level: FEC

As a FEC, only 5 dolls are being made for a specific storyline I will be posting up. I will be talking to the towns that may be effected, when I start to post it. Afterward, Nogi will never be able to make dolls this powerful again.
Auramune
Auramune
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Nogitsune's Exploding Marionettes(FEC) Empty Re: Nogitsune's Exploding Marionettes(FEC)

Post  Temo Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:01 pm

I am...I am probably gonna regret saying this very shortly but...I APPROVE OF THIS. *Ducks!*

...but wait, where's the FEC stuff it's gonna be used in? Was that PM'd to somebody else? >3>
Temo
Temo
Burrito Bison

http://pineappleyoshi.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Nogitsune's Exploding Marionettes(FEC) Empty Re: Nogitsune's Exploding Marionettes(FEC)

Post  Guest Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:26 pm

I didn't get a PM, and I disapprove of FEC items without the FEC requested along with it.

Back to top Go down

Post  Xeek Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:46 pm

Soifa Toten wrote:I didn't get a PM, and I disapprove of FEC items without the FEC requested along with it.

She is not requesting a WHOLE FEC. She is only requesting an FEC like power.

Aka: One time user supah power.
Xeek
Xeek
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:18 pm

Xeek wrote:
Soifa Toten wrote:I didn't get a PM, and I disapprove of FEC items without the FEC requested along with it.

She is not requesting a WHOLE FEC. She is only requesting an FEC like power.

Aka: One time user supah power.

Don't care.

She labeled them as FEC, and no matter how small the FEC is, I require the FEC to be requested along with the power, as that would explain(an in PM, it'd explain privately, if the requester wishes not many people to know) HOW the power-user is either permanently killed or permanently weakened to wear they can't use it again..and WHY they even want this. Why's arent' 100% required, but I like them, makes people seem less crazy sometimes.

'course, Xeek is always crazy...

Actually, I'd like it if the FEC was requested with the power attached, not the other way around, but whatever floats boats. I require both.

Back to top Go down

Post  Xeek Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:34 pm

You are mixing two things completely...
There is a difference between FEC plot, and FEC power.
The power is just a very strong power for a certain plot.
FEC plot is meant to carry out a story-line such as Glas/T.T.

And she is weakened by the fact she can't use this again >_>
Xeek
Xeek
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:36 pm

Why can't she use it again? What makes her unable to?

If there's an answer to that, tell me. Otherwise it's 'nothing' and that's not good enough.

And, she mentioned a storyline. A storyline involving a super powerful FEC power counts as an FEC to me. I will not approve.

Back to top Go down

Post  Xeek Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:39 pm

Soifa Toten wrote:Why can't she use it again? What makes her unable to?

If there's an answer to that, tell me. Otherwise it's 'nothing' and that's not good enough.

And, she mentioned a storyline. A storyline involving a super powerful FEC power counts as an FEC to me. I will not approve.

Because.. she has limited materials? And the person who made them is dead?

The story is stated too.. big kaboom in certain areas that the CLs will be spoken to about.
Xeek
Xeek
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:47 pm

Xeek wrote:Because.. she has limited materials? And the person who made them is dead?

The story is stated too.. big kaboom in certain areas that the CLs will be spoken to about.

That's not a story, that's a "I have a story but you don't get any info about it until I blow your things up"

Who made them? Who died? What were the materials?

I still disapprove, and you're not convincing me otherwise.

Back to top Go down

Post  Xeek Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:52 pm

I am sure Aura will PM you more details(If there is even any?)

But, as far as I am aware, the story is the boom. Nogi just wants a boom.
The material is something special made by the mage. The mage is not important, he is just an NPC.

So, I am not sure why you are disapproving, though, I understand not approving.
Xeek
Xeek
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:56 pm

Largely because the requester has been silent, I suppose, and I disapprove without the information I required from her mou-..hands? Until said information is properly provided, I disapprove.

So, she's just..making super powerful NPCs without requesting them? Is that what you're saying? Because I think that's part of the whole FEC thing, you request that part, too. Which, you know...requesting the FEC, no matter how small(we've had mini-FECs requested, they're cute and were explained well and fully), typically just..answers all the questions outright, instead of leaving a large amount of annoying blanks that make us DO this song and dance.

Back to top Go down

Post  Temo Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:04 pm

*raises hand* Um...would it be too much to ask Aura to speak for herself here before we continue going back n' forth over this? =^=;
Temo
Temo
Burrito Bison

Back to top Go down

Post  Xeek Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:08 pm

Soifa Toten wrote:Largely because the requester has been silent, I suppose, and I disapprove without the information I required from her mou-..hands? Until said information is properly provided, I disapprove.
She is sleeping... I was answering the basic questions.

So, she's just..making super powerful NPCs without requesting them? Is that what you're saying? Because I think that's part of the whole FEC thing, you request that part, too. Which, you know...requesting the FEC, no matter how small(we've had mini-FECs requested, they're cute and were explained well and fully), typically just..answers all the questions outright, instead of leaving a large amount of annoying blanks that make us DO this song and dance.

You are asking for information that is not there/not needed.
As far as I know, the only purpose of this power is to blow something up. Yes, she could have used gun powder, but her character wanted to use a Marionette.

The 'powerful NPC' only found out how to make basically, something like a fireball crystal, but meant to amplify an explosion. Essentially, the material would something like gunpowder, once the initial explosion goes off, that amplifies it. He isn't important because he is just a puppet who provides no use except providing the material.
Xeek
Xeek
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Temo Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:22 pm

Temo wrote:*raises hand* Um...would it be too much to ask Aura to speak for herself here before we continue going back n' forth over this? =^=;

T_T ... *Ties Xeek up and suspends him from a ceiling fan.* Seriously, if Aura's asleep, can we wait the couple hours it takes for her to wake and deal with this herself? It's her thread, let her speak for it. Basic questions too. She's a big girl and can tie her own shoes and all that stuff.
Temo
Temo
Burrito Bison

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:23 pm

Xeek wrote: She is sleeping... I was answering the basic questions. This is not your power, though, and my questions are not basic. I don't want to chance you being wrong about something and basing approval on that, so until such time, I disapprove.

You are asking for information that is not there/not needed. I need it. Why isn't it there? Because no one wants to explain their things? The only thing I really don't NEED, but I like to know, is WHY.
As far as I know, the only purpose of this power is to blow something up. Yes, she could have used gun powder, but her character wanted to use a Marionette. She could've thrown a fireball, too. But she didn't. She had to marionette it with an FEC tag.

The 'powerful NPC' only found out how to make basically, something like a fireball crystal, but meant to amplify an explosion. Essentially, the material would something like gunpowder, once the initial explosion goes off, that amplifies it. He isn't important because he is just a puppet who provides no use except providing the material.

He IS important. You cannot just CREATE an NPC willy nilly to make these amazingly powerful things just because your character can't. Otherwise we'd have people making 500 master alchemist NPCs to make homunculi and claimh's, or some other weird NPC, maybe even a god, to bestow god powers on things or whatever.

Exaggerations? Maybe. Would Aura do that? I don't think so. BUT, I will disapprove even MORE based on the unrequested NPC that's making super powerful magic bombs or whatever, instead of the actual character. :I

Making NPCs that have all this power without requesting it? Big no no.

Last answer to Xeek before I stop and wait for Aura, as per Temo's request.

Back to top Go down

Post  Xeek Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:28 pm

I apologies, I had the 'notify when someone post before you' unchecked.
Xeek
Xeek
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Temo Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:33 pm

*Ties Soifa up too just so nobody's left out.* Love you guys. Just saying. <3
Temo
Temo
Burrito Bison

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:35 pm

-insert bondage comment here before leaving thread-

Back to top Go down

Post  Auramune Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:52 pm

Ok.. For the record, I just woke up. And Xeek pretty much knows my power so I don't mind him answering things that are obvious(already posted) or that he knows. He has my permission. If it's wrong, I can just correct it. Now..

As far as I was aware, an FEC power is different than an entire FEC plot. I'm pretty sure this has been explained in someone else's power by one of the pinks before. Which is why I didn't request the entire plot. However, I wasn't going to keep people in the dark. It's not that big of deal, so roar.

If you're requiring I post the plot, then it's basically Nogie wants to boom stuff. Is there underlying reasons? Sure. And more details I'd like to save for then the actual thing is posted. The 5 cities that will be effected, I will PM the leaders of before I make the respected posts effecting the town. I already posted this at the bottom of the first post. If you have to know every detail, then I will pm it to you. But I'd rather choose not to at this moment, so it will be a fun surprise when it happens.

The reason she is unable to constantly do this is because she has limited materials. In the 1st requested power, "Thingy,"(for the record, called that because it's what she would call it) she has 6 pieces of material. 1 piece was used to test on, leaving 5 for the dolls. Is having an npc make/find this an issue? This isn't a long-term item. As an FEC I figured, since it's only going to be used once it didn't matter if the NPC was there or not. I do understand the concern and comparison to people making alchemists for adv. transmutations and homunculus, but the difference is that these are a 1 time use thing and not a permanent item requested. So I apologize if you're annoyed by the lack of information on that part. No, I don't typically go around making "powerful npcs" all willynilly. Although I have Aura, which would provide enough power to back up any 'powerful wizard' request I could make. I did request this NPC, in part, when I made the first item. I hope that clears that up.

The explosive compound is a mixture of gunpowder, fire crystal, and clay. It's clay-like structure allows it to stick to the dolls, and works as an accelerant. When the fire crystal goes off, it uses the condensed mana to amplify the explosion.
Auramune
Auramune
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Auramune Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:33 am

bump
Auramune
Auramune
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:34 am

Edit: Okay, thanks to MSN and Aura, I'll approve.

Don't blow up Emain.

Back to top Go down

Post  Auramune Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:49 am

1/3 or 2/3 depending if Temo's approval stands? Temo just re-approve if you do please.
Auramune
Auramune
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Temo Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:42 pm

Eeyup, still stands.
Temo
Temo
Burrito Bison

Back to top Go down

Post  Teoxihuitl Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:26 pm

Approved.
Teoxihuitl
Teoxihuitl
Sweet Tart Sucubus
Sweet Tart Sucubus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:36 pm

Mmk. I'll move. Talk to your cities.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum