Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Issues and Concerns

3 posters

Go down

Issues and Concerns Empty Issues and Concerns

Post  Admin Sat Apr 05, 2008 1:02 pm

It's come to our attention that some players may take issue with some of the rules and guidelines posted, for a variety of reasons. While the RP Society straddles the line between democracy and benevolent dictatorship, the opinion of players does still matter. So, if you have concerns or issues with rules and guidelines posted here, please inform us on this thread so it can be discussed openly and worked out. Please use as much detail as is necessary to communicate your point.

Admin
Admin
Admin

http://rpsociety.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Issues and Concerns Empty Re: Issues and Concerns

Post  Dameon Sat Apr 05, 2008 4:30 pm

I don't think the second line in the guidelines for RP should read "You cannot die in combat; you will be continuously revived." It should read, "Combat does not kill us outsiders, instead we are merely knocked unconscious and are always resuscitated." This would still explain why players do not "die" but would still allow for backstories that had their characters completely killed or witnessed any others completely killed.

Last edited by Dameon on Sat Apr 05, 2008 4:59 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : adding sig)
Dameon
Dameon
Wolf in Designer Clothing

Back to top Go down

Post  Temo Sun Apr 13, 2008 7:23 pm

'ello, just a newbie here that was trying to figure out how to officially join the guild. I actually have a few confusing issues I tried to discuss in-game, but got little to no feedback on. They aren't exactly a part of the main rules and guidelines (at least I don't think so?) but I figure this is the best spot for them anywayh, yeah?

First off, is there some sort of format for making a post? I see a lot of stuff about grammar and spelling here; but nothing on that. Is it freestyle (like players putting a "~" or "*" to mark the beginning and ending of a post), or is there something integrated with Mabinogi for it (i.e., some games use "/me", "/em", ":", etc.)?

Secondly, is it ABSOLUTELY necessary to be a part of the guild to roleplay with members? I find it kind of hard to speak with somebody when you can't tell if they'll blow you off completely if you aren't one of them or not. If that is the case, thanks for your time, I won't say anything else to anybody, and I'll be moving on.

I actually had a few more, but they were spur of the moment things and I need to think them through a bit more (or remember them) so I'll list those too when I can figure out how to word everything. Thankyou for your time.
Temo
Temo
Burrito Bison

http://pineappleyoshi.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Dameon Sun Apr 13, 2008 9:35 pm

If I came across as "Blowing you off" Earlier I apologize. I prefer not to direct people to the guildstone without having the speak to Inyala first. As for post I think you mean emote correct? In that cast there is no specific method. Using * or - to denote emotes are the most common though i'm certain there are others. To answer your second question, no you don't have to be a guild member to RP with us. We actually have non-members of a sort, those who belong to another guild and do not wish to leave their guild. Not to mention that it would be simply impossible to fit every single RPer in all of Mabinogi into a single guild. If you would like to join I still suggest speaking to Inyala. But I have recently learned that you can still be denied even after clicking the stone so I will tell you where to find it.
It can be found near the bridge that leads to Dunbarton. The one near the wolves. It is off to the right as you walk down the road.
Dameon
Dameon

Back to top Go down

Post  Temo Sun Apr 13, 2008 10:05 pm

Alrighty, thanks for the help. It's just a little hard for me to get adjusted to different groups. Everybody's got their own rules to follow, y'know? I had found Inyala and tried noting her twice too, but never got a response of any sort. I guess she was busy or something. *shrugs* Not too worried since I really didn't do much but a greeting anyway.

And no, you didn't blow me off. You're actually one of the two who spoke back. Laughing I had meant that about any roleplay groups in general, so I apologize for the way I worded it. Thanks again!
Temo
Temo
Burrito Bison

http://pineappleyoshi.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Dameon Sun Apr 13, 2008 11:56 pm

Inyala was probably asleep. We all stay on while we sleep. Well most of us. She also might have had to go to work depending on what time it was locally for her.
Dameon
Dameon

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down