Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gracen's...stuff.

+3
Xeek
Auramune
Vayne
7 posters

Go down

Gracen's...stuff. Empty Gracen's...stuff.

Post  Vayne Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:10 pm

IC Skill Name: Void Affinity
Power Class: Unique/Transformative
OOC Representation: Dark Knight
Description: Gracen spent a lot of time with a lil' rock stuck in his chest. A lil' rock that infused him with magic. And magic. And more magic. This constant exposure has left it's mark, in death. Yes, his very essence has been permeated. The result is the ability to call it forth to augment his own power, with only very mild cosmetic change - his eyes are violet and shine a bit.
Explain relation: It's Dark Knight. With a historic and fitting spin.
Notes: Unavailable until 'truth' to character is uncovered. Yay, Kryptomnesia.
Level: 1

IC Skill Name: Void Affinity II
Power Class: Unique/Transformative
OOC Representation: Demigod (Morri)
Description: An advanced form of Void Affinity, Gracen stores energy. When enough energy is accumulated, he is able to transcend the normal boundaries set before him and actually release said power to be used in various ways. The more he has stored (exp), the stronger it is. Excessive use results in a weaker state of being, and it's possible to be unable to use it at all. (Current rank loss: TWO 1->3 )
Explain relation: DEMIGOD YEAH.
Notes: To affinity, and beyond! --Locked, until memories sorted out.

IC Skill Name: Void Fists!
Power Class: Magical
OOC Representation: Martial Arts
Description: Gracen channels every ounce of his magic into very specific points in his body--far less tiring and consumes less energy, therefore preserving higher usage for when he really needs it.
Explain relation: Sort of like Vayne's. MA -> Magic.
Notes: *PUNCH* NO TOY STORY REFERENCES, ME. --Locked, until memories sorted out.

IC Skill Name: Double-Edge
Power Class: Weakness/Soul?
OOC Representation: N/A
Description: Gracen's cost comes with a price; twofold. Not only is he incredibly susceptible to magic (IC, he's almost defenseless against all ensorcelments save for standard offensive magic, which leaves him dazed even if he recovers from the hit), but injury sustained while in a state of perfect affinity (Demigod) can have debilitating effects long after the physical body has repaired. Some of his core functions are integrated into the power--magic is a part of him. It, in a way, is him.

An example: In a fight, Gracen is in tune with his magic, and is critically injured. His leg is fractured. After the leg recovers, that leg may still be limited and robotic in movement; or completely non-functional. Due to it being on a non-physical level of his being, a rebirth doesn't restore proper function; only time does. The effect isn't a chance, it's a guarantee: if his arm is shattered to bits, he won't be using that arm even after the bones mend or he rebirths, for some time. the time-frame, however, I feel should be determined by rolls, unless determined otherwise.
Explain relation: It's affiliated with Void Affinity II.
Notes: It's a bit of a stretch, but this is actually something I'd really like to keep. It adds a degree of consequence to his actions, and actually having to deal with him not being careful with what he says and does. Accountability, and actually having to play out debilitating aftereffects in a world where such accountability is limited, save a death penalty of three days we've enacted ourselves.
Level: 2...?
Vayne
Vayne
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Gracen's...stuff. Empty Re: Gracen's...stuff.

Post  Auramune Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:14 pm

Curious about the rock in the first power. Is it a rock-rock? Like a normal rock? Or is it a mana stone? Or something else?

In the second power(since they have the same name) is the energy that's stored stored in the rock from the first power?
Auramune
Auramune
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Vayne Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:24 pm

The rock in the first power no longer exists. It was in his old world. It was a magic rock of magic. The idea was that..it, in a way became part of him. Like..after death. It's TECHNICALLY a 'soul' power, in the sense that his soul is the source of it all. But not a soul power in the sense that it can't mess with souls. Can't heal them, or...anything. However, see weakness below.
Vayne
Vayne
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Xeek Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:26 pm

Gracen Merit wrote:The rock in the first power no longer exists. It was in his old world. It was a magic rock of magic. The idea was that..it, in a way became part of him. Like..after death. It's TECHNICALLY a 'soul' power, in the sense that his soul is the source of it all. But not a soul power in the sense that it can't mess with souls. Can't heal them, or...anything. However, see weakness below.

It's like saying Xeek's powers are soul powers. *nods*
Xeek
Xeek
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Auramune Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:56 pm

Oh, I see xD. Did I misread it or something?

I think people are confusing soul powers with powers that are bound to a person's soul and makes them their own powers. Otherwise every power ever would be considered a soul power xD.
Auramune
Auramune
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:11 pm

Soul powers you roll for are either things that affect other souls, or soul conditions that appear or something in Erinn.

This is soul-RELATED, but not that type of soul power.

Approved.

Back to top Go down

Post  Mari Eir Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:19 pm

Soul powers that are directly represented by Transformation skills don't count in all of this because they have a decent representation, if that helps clear it up.

Anyway, approved.
Mari Eir
Mari Eir
Viking
Viking

Back to top Go down

Post  Xeek Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:53 pm

Mari Eir wrote:Soul powers that are directly represented by Transformation skills don't count in all of this because they have a decent representation, if that helps clear it up.

Anyway, approved.

Like.. Auron's powers? >_>
Xeek
Xeek
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Vayne Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:25 am

<____< Touche, Xeek. But let's not start something in -this- thread. Go slap it somewhere if you want, though. >_________>

ILoveYouSoMuch.

...So, uh. I can't exactly approve myself. Anyone else?
Vayne
Vayne
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Auramune Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:27 am

Gracen Merit wrote:
...So, uh. I can't exactly approve myself. Anyone else?

I'll approve, but it doesn't mean diddly squat! 8D
Auramune
Auramune
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Adhamh Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:17 pm

Xeek wrote:
Mari Eir wrote:Soul powers that are directly represented by Transformation skills don't count in all of this because they have a decent representation, if that helps clear it up.

Anyway, approved.

Like.. Auron's powers? >_>

:l Mine had special conditions Xeek, as I told you. Why do -you- have a problem with how my powers were approved when I didn't? o_O Doesn'tmakessense. Anyway, I just needed to say that. PM me if you want to reply, Xeek so to not clutter this thread up with irrelevant things.

Anyway, I wonder if anyone that knows Gracen prior to these powers'll be able to take him seriously in his transformations. xD;;
Adhamh
Adhamh
Cromm Crunch
Cromm Crunch

Location : Anywhere, everywhere, and nowhere all at the same time.

Back to top Go down

Post  Vayne Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:45 pm

OYEAHHEY. any updates?
Vayne
Vayne
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Teoxihuitl Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:37 pm

Nope.

Approved.

Fiddlesticks.
Teoxihuitl
Teoxihuitl
Sweet Tart Sucubus
Sweet Tart Sucubus

Back to top Go down

Post  Dellinger Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:07 am

Approvdid.
Moving to ze approvdid section of ze forums.
Dellinger
Dellinger
Dragon
Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down