Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kurohi's Revisions

+2
Dalvar
Temo
6 posters

Go down

Kurohi's Revisions Empty Kurohi's Revisions

Post  Temo Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:16 pm

Amazingly, racial template updates and new skills with the gens have made her other abilities practically canon, so this would be the only one needing to be posted now.

Spoiler:

IC Skill Name: Cosmetic Enchant
Power Class: Item/Magical
OOC Representation: Enchanted clothing
Description: A part of special training back in Kurohi's assassin days and something useful for those who have difficulty rebirthing to change their appearances - Tuathans, among others. Cloak enchantments are things, used to hide certain physical features or change them into something else via a thin, light-bending veil of mana. It's often been used to give Kurohi a more human appearance, or do the same for others when given the enchants. As they are simple tags worn under clothing (or over if you're stupid enough to do so), should they be damaged in a way the ruins the ink (i.e. cuts in the paper, wet, burns, lines rubbed out, etc.), the disguise is dropped.
Explain relation: Can be ID'd by an enchanted article of clothing - most likely something granting a mana boost. Not really much of a brainer. If a specific one would be preferred for this, I am open for suggestions.
Notes:
-This enchantment is used to hide or alter the imagery of current features on a person, not cast the illusion of having more than that. (I.e., if you lack wings, this will not do anything in regards to wings.)
-The enchant itself also requires specific and accurate symbols inscribed depending on its purpose. Example being changing the color of a tail would be one specific stroke across the parchment, a different color another, or hiding it from view altogether would be another.
- Veiled parts are still tangible. One using the enchantment still needs to take care not to have the affected areas come into contact with their surroundings. While doing so doesn't cause the enchantment to become unstable or drop, it may still appear to be suspicious.
Level: 1

Last edited by Temo on Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Temo
Temo
Burrito Bison

http://pineappleyoshi.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Kurohi's Revisions Empty Re: Kurohi's Revisions

Post  Dalvar Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:33 am

Don't forget to include that you are using the succubus template. c:
Dalvar
Dalvar
Councilor
Councilor

http://Dalvar.Deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Mari Eir Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:44 am

FFFFFFFFFFFF-

*Forgot Mari's cosmetic enchant*
Mari Eir
Mari Eir
Viking
Viking

Back to top Go down

Post  Xeek Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:07 am

Few things, I don't know where this cosmetic enchant thing came from. I know a lot of people have used it IC though(Even though the magic doesn't exist nor make sense). I am just wondering, does Kuro have an item that disguises her, or can she make the enchants? If it's an item, you should post it as such.
Xeek
Xeek
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Temo Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:10 am

- Added in the race template.

- Kurohi makes the enchants herself via the Enchant skill. Given that the end result is an actual item (ES scroll/ES scroll attached to an item), I listed it as such. Far as other people making them, I know Bart has his own, Mari was only taught minor bits by Kurohi since she wanted to be rushy-pushy about it :V , and Silver actually learned a variation on his own for appearance and something to partially curb feeding habits. I think he and Bart inspired each other for their things, can't remember exactly.

She already has items available for her personal disguise too, as well as a few spares - if I can remember where I stuck them in pet inventory. Wears them almost all the time and keeps them in good condition to avoid any accidents.

-And this kind of thing totally exists through other methods. Rebirths, illusionary effects (i.e. disguising oneself as another deity *coughCicholcough*, taking steps to make oneself look more intimidating), painful amputations/crude "surgery", etc, etc.
Temo
Temo
Burrito Bison

Back to top Go down

Post  Xeek Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:01 pm

I still don't see how the item exist. Like I said, it's different when a person controls the mana to make such illusions, than when an item itself does it. The item has no control on mana. Which is why reforges+enchants only increase stats, but don't provide things like appearance change. There is also no such thing as a changeable cloak.
Illusions(and cichol's morph) are all done with mana, similar to elven hide. Which, doesn't discriminate. Mana can be related to energy (while erg is more like matter).

"Every human action comes from a conscious decision, and this comes from a person's spirit. A person's spirit and body are closely related. Therefore, Mana, which powers the spirit also affects the body as well.

Erinn's nature is full of Mana, and since the body doesn't really use a lot of Mana, it is always restored by nature. It seems that daily activities do not require Mana, whereas using magic requires significant amount. "

Which is why mana can manipulate certain parts of the brain and body to cause illusions. Mana can be used to shape erg as well, though I don't have a quote from any in-game books for that.
Xeek
Xeek
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Glaceon Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:22 pm

"Enchant refers to imbueing magic effects onto an item"

Magical effect = Illusion/appearence change?

So imbuing this change into an item allows it to be used to produce this effect simply by wearing it.

Makes sense
Glaceon
Glaceon
Glas Ghoblehht
Glas Ghoblehht

Back to top Go down

Post  Xeek Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:51 pm

Glaceon wrote:"Enchant refers to imbueing magic effects onto an item"

Magical effect = Illusion/appearence change?

So imbuing this change into an item allows it to be used to produce this effect simply by wearing it.

Makes sense

By that logic, you can imbue your armor to shoot fireballs. (*looks at power thread*) Those magic effects are all buffs. Different than magic abilities/skill. Hide/illusions are abilities/skills. In order for the mana to be manipulate you need a living source of power, if not the mana just flows free.
Enchants are also known (not using any mabi books) as the "mortal blessing". Similar to how Krug blesses you, that's all an enchant is.
Xeek
Xeek
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Glaceon Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:51 pm

shooting fireballs is a skill, not an effect.
Glaceon
Glaceon
Glas Ghoblehht
Glas Ghoblehht

Back to top Go down

Post  Xeek Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:52 pm

Glaceon wrote:shooting fireballs is a skill, not an effect.

As is hide and transformations.
Xeek
Xeek
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Auramune Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:57 pm

For the record, if it helps Temoo, Aura could use her magic(since she uses illusion magic to hide her tails and ears) to make items for Kuro, being friends and all. It would still drain on the user's mana when worn, but gaining back as quickly as used though meditation and such.

If something like that would be okay.
Auramune
Auramune
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Xeek Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:06 pm

Auramune wrote:
For the record, if it helps Temoo, Aura could use her magic(since she uses illusion magic to hide her tails and ears) to make items for Kuro, being friends and all. It would still drain on the user's mana when worn, but gaining back as quickly as used though meditation and such.

If something like that would be okay.

He can use the magic himself xD Just need to explain the mana-usage.
Xeek
Xeek
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Auramune Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:12 pm

*shrug* Just offering to help.
Auramune
Auramune
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Temo Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:44 pm

Gawd Xeek, always gotta be difficult. :V

How it was done back when it was approved of the first time, Kuro/Silver focused a portion of their own mana into the ES and crafted a way for it to be held and maintained to provide the effect without exhausting itself. This bit of mana is what fuels the enchant, as well as sustains itself in a small loop created (included in the inscriptions on the ES as well) that lasts so long as the scroll it's infused with doesn't become compromised. That is as simple an explanation as I can give without further breaking down all the science behind it that was discovered through past RPs. I hope it is satisfactory because I am not taking that trip down memory lane to drag up every little tidbit of info for this, thankyou. x_X
Temo
Temo
Burrito Bison

Back to top Go down

Post  Xeek Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:03 pm

Temo wrote:Gawd Xeek, always gotta be difficult. :V

How it was done back when it was approved of the first time, Kuro/Silver focused a portion of their own mana into the ES and crafted a way for it to be held and maintained to provide the effect without exhausting itself. This bit of mana is what fuels the enchant, as well as sustains itself in a small loop created (included in the inscriptions on the ES as well) that lasts so long as the scroll it's infused with doesn't become compromised. That is as simple an explanation as I can give without further breaking down all the science behind it that was discovered through past RPs. I hope it is satisfactory because I am not taking that trip down memory lane to drag up every little tidbit of info for this, thankyou. x_X

"Discovered through past RPs" doesn't mean anything. RP-wise, their has been many misconceptions. If you are basing your research on people who have done their research your, well.. your research is wrong.

Also, the purpose of this whole power reconstruction is to recheck powers for things like this. I mean, Xenark had the power to tear people's soul, and able to survive a very powerful attack, even if it rips his flesh and leaves him as a skeleton. I wouldn't even consider posting that now.

You can't use mana to continue making more mana. If that was the case, the energy crisis of the world would be solved. Mana, much like energy, fades. It was the whole concept behind mana evaporation. While we no longer have it, mana can still evaporate. When mana is used, it's wasted, you can't recycle that same mana. Meaning, the loop wouldn't work.

Meaning, if you use mana to power the item, that mana is gone.
It MIGHT be possible to enchant the item to have the effect once mana is applied, like "programming it" but, in order for the affect to stay, the mana must be used.

And I was born this way *joke, since they are not obvious now adays*
Reason I am being "difficult" is because it doesn't make sense.
Xeek
Xeek
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Temo Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:47 pm

Xeek wrote:
Temo wrote:Gawd Xeek, always gotta be difficult. :V

"Discovered through past RPs" doesn't mean anything. RP-wise, their has been many misconceptions. If you are basing your research on people who have done their research your, well.. your research is wrong.

Also, the purpose of this whole power reconstruction is to recheck powers for things like this. I mean, Xenark had the power to tear people's soul, and able to survive a very powerful attack, even if it rips his flesh and leaves him as a skeleton. I wouldn't even consider posting that now.

You can't use mana to continue making more mana. If that was the case, the energy crisis of the world would be solved. Mana, much like energy, fades. It was the whole concept behind mana evaporation. While we no longer have it, mana can still evaporate. When mana is used, it's wasted, you can't recycle that same mana. Meaning, the loop wouldn't work.

Meaning, if you use mana to power the item, that mana is gone.
It MIGHT be possible to enchant the item to have the effect once mana is applied, like "programming it" but, in order for the affect to stay, the mana must be used.

And I was born this way *joke, since they are not obvious now adays*
Reason I am being "difficult" is because it doesn't make sense.

While you bring up good points, some of which I will be editing when I have the mind to later, I'll discuss this with you further in private when there's a chance. I'm noticing something else between this and a few other threads that needs to be chatted about alongside these things.
Temo
Temo
Burrito Bison

Back to top Go down

Post  Xeek Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:06 am

Let me summarize what I have a problem with. So you can see where I think you should edit.
These are advantages and disadvantages of the power in question.
Spoiler:
Xeek
Xeek
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum