Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mikhail Saint's Arsenal

+4
Xeek
Mari Eir
Vayne
Temo
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Mikhail Saint's Arsenal Empty Mikhail Saint's Arsenal

Post  Temo Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:39 am

Mmkay, so I'll be the brave veteran throwing himself into the fray first to test the waters. Or penguin testing seals, bears, n' whales, either one. =O

Character Name: Mikhail Saint
Race: Human/Milletian

IC Item: One-Handed Crossbow
Item Class: Item/Unique
OOC Item: Crossbow
Description: Mikhail may be in a different world, but he's still familiar with customizing his more favorite weapons in ways a smith hasn't been able to emulate yet. For crossbows in particular, he's able to craft them into something more compact to fit and be fired in one hand to allow him a bit more versatility, though there are some critical drawbacks to this as well.
Effects: N/A
Notes: Mikhail's customized crossbows are considerably more delicate than the average ones, and really only allow for him to keep one hand free for whatever purpose is necessary. Anything more than a normal shot would cause it to, quite literally, fall apart before it can even be fired due to strain. Therefore, skills like Magnum Shot or Arrow Revolver are completely useless.
Level: 0-1

IC Item: Silver Sword
Item Class: Item/Unique
OOC Item: Silver Bastard Sword
Description: Hard to tell if it actually works to the same effect in Erinn yet, but Mikhail doesn't like taking chances. They take a little longer to forge, but he likes ordering custom-made blades for his hunts. In the event he faces off against any creatures he's known in his world to have a weakness to silver, he can at least say his deaths in hunting them weren't because of lacking any.
Effects: Increased rate of injury to races weak/allergic to silver.
Notes: Given silver weakness can't actually be applied to the combat system, it's naturally something players will have to act out.
Level: 1

Last edited by Temo on Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Temo
Temo
Burrito Bison

http://pineappleyoshi.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Mikhail Saint's Arsenal Empty Re: Mikhail Saint's Arsenal

Post  Vayne Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:20 pm

This is pretty cut-and-dry.

Mikhail Saint's Arsenal King11
Vayne
Vayne
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:12 am

I approve without a retarded image.

Back to top Go down

Post  Mari Eir Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:20 am

But you have so many images to choose from.. >:
Mari Eir
Mari Eir
Viking
Viking

Back to top Go down

Post  Xeek Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:32 am

One question: How will you show a shield and someone holding the one handed crossbow?

Secondly, IC creations don't really need to be here.. unless they have a special effect. "One handed Cross bow" is no different than ICly holding a crossbow with one hand. (Yes, my first question is kind of trick question. But it does have an actual answer.)

Same thing with a silver sword. Silver is provided in-game, manuals for swords are provided in-game. It would be no different than making a cake out of pepper instead of sugar. While the game shows it as "food waste" IC-wise, it'll just bad a peppery-cake.
Xeek
Xeek
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Dalvar Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:56 pm

Xeek wrote:Same thing with a silver sword. Silver is provided in-game, manuals for swords are provided in-game. It would be no different than making a cake out of pepper instead of sugar. While the game shows it as "food waste" IC-wise, it'll just bad a peppery-cake.
You can totally coat a sword in silver in the game.
In fact, I'm not even sure why Temo is asking for approval for that because it already exists.
Dalvar
Dalvar
Councilor
Councilor

http://Dalvar.Deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Teoxihuitl Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:58 pm

That's what Xeek is saying Dal . . .
Teoxihuitl
Teoxihuitl
Sweet Tart Sucubus
Sweet Tart Sucubus

Back to top Go down

Post  Dalvar Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:04 pm

Oh?
I thought he was saying you could just pretend.
I was mentioning the finishing bit of blacksmithing where you can coat things in silver/copper/gold.
But... Okay!
Dalvar
Dalvar
Councilor
Councilor

http://Dalvar.Deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Xeek Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:20 pm

Just to support the cause~

http://wiki.mabinogiworld.com/index.php?title=Silver_Ingot Some swords already have silver. Though, if you want "more silver" or "full silver" you can pretend or dye it(Same as silver finish)
Xeek
Xeek
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:21 pm

...so..Temo wanted to be thorough and have this up even though it probably doesn't really need much approving?

Kind of like people putting all their template stuff out even though they don't need to? Personal choice, guys. Stop whining about it.

Back to top Go down

Post  Auramune Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:24 pm

Seems like they're trying to help instead of whining about anything. ._.
Auramune
Auramune
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:25 pm

I wasn't serious when I said whining.

But it's Temo's choice to make the request for that, if he wants to be thorough in his character, I don't see why not. -shrug-

It just kind of clogs his thread up, in my opinion.

Back to top Go down

Post  Xeek Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:28 pm

Soifa Toten wrote:I wasn't serious when I said whining.

But it's Temo's choice to make the request for that, if he wants to be thorough in his character, I don't see why not. -shrug-

It just kind of clogs his thread up, in my opinion.

So you didn't mean it literally? :3 Very Happy Very Happy

Either way, if people want to waste their time, is fine by me. I am just letting them know it can be done IC. The items possess no magical ability.
Xeek
Xeek
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Auramune Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:29 pm

He really hasn't posted on them again. So it might have slipped his mind that there's silver in the game, and easily available. We all have brainfarts.

Is not really a big deal either way.
Auramune
Auramune
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:36 pm

Xeek wrote:

Either way, if people want to waste their time, is fine by me. I am just letting them know it can be done IC. The items possess no magical ability.
I think of it more as a

"Instead of having to tell everyone all the time when I'm about to RP that 'Hey, my sword is different because of _____', the fact people should read forum posts should keep me from having to do that every time I'm RPing"

Y'know what I mean?

Back to top Go down

Post  Xeek Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:40 pm

Soifa Toten wrote:
Xeek wrote:

I think of it more as a

"Instead of having to tell everyone all the time when I'm about to RP that 'Hey, my sword is different because of _____', the fact people should read forum posts should keep me from having to do that every time I'm RPing"

Y'know what I mean?

You'd think councilors would know what powers are approved and which aren't, right? And some people just forget, I highly doubt many keep track of every single power on. Heck, I forget some of my own char's features. But... this discussion is pointless.. xD
Xeek
Xeek
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Teoxihuitl Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:22 pm

What are the drawbacks to the crossbow?

Have you made any cartridges of arrows that would allow for faster than normal reload?
Does his aim increase or diminish?
What about his range?

Teoxihuitl
Teoxihuitl
Sweet Tart Sucubus
Sweet Tart Sucubus

Back to top Go down

Post  Temo Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:46 am

Far as the silver weapon goes, ya'll are all right on that. I wasn't thinking about the blacksmithed ones at the time - oops; but yeah, this was also basically the first template dropped and I was putting both these in as examples. Soooo since the sword doesn't exactly need approval, I guess it could be tossed.

Then again, yes, it is nice to have the reminder handy. So I'll leave it after all - just editing that part regarding the upgrade being needed. Since, you know, obviously it isn't. :V

Answering Teo's question, the crossbow's drawbacks are as listed. No special skills can be used for it. It fires normally otherwise, at the same range as the average crossbow, sans upgrades. Since it's smaller and easier to handle, I'd say the aim is better for him, but there isn't really much of a way I know of to express that in-game other than being a good shot (and maybe some crit boost upgrades if possible?). It doesn't use cartridges or strips or anything of the sort for auto-firing - single shot, needs to be reloaded, which obviously cannot be done if his other hand is carrying something that wouldn't allow him to use at least three fingers.

Thinking about it though, if Arrow Revolver is acquired, I might revisit this for a few edits. But that's everything in a nutshell for now. Picture it like modifying a single-shot pistol to fit rifle components (dismantling and reassembly, not trying to smoosh it into something tiny like the Hulk does with making compact cars).
Temo
Temo
Burrito Bison

Back to top Go down

Post  Teoxihuitl Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:07 am

Sounds good to me then.

I was going to suggest a small cartridge with arrows lined up agaisnt spring pressure.

As you slide the empty crossbow into the required slot it overcomes spring pressure which then loads the bolt for you, without having to use another hand.

You could hang it on your belt and have at it.

Still though I approve.
Teoxihuitl
Teoxihuitl
Sweet Tart Sucubus
Sweet Tart Sucubus

Back to top Go down

Post  Xeek Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:52 pm

You still haven't answered.. (I don't think you did?) What if someone wanted to use a shield with it?
Xeek
Xeek
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Glaceon Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:20 pm

Xeek wrote:You still haven't answered.. (I don't think you did?) What if someone wanted to use a shield with it?

Temo wrote:which obviously cannot be done if his other hand is carrying something that wouldn't allow him to use at least three fingers.
Glaceon
Glaceon
Glas Ghoblehht
Glas Ghoblehht

Back to top Go down

Post  Xeek Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:41 pm

I don't understand* what you are saying Glacia, so here is a picture of a shield and a quote.

Mikhail Saint's Arsenal Shield20

"Mikhail's customized crossbows are considerably more delicate than the average ones, and really only allow for him to keep one hand free for whatever purpose is necessary. Anything more than a normal shot would cause it to, quite literally, fall apart before it can even be fired due to strain. Therefore, skills like Magnum Shot or Arrow Revolver are completely useless."

Edit: *

Last edited by Xeek on Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Xeek
Xeek
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Glaceon Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:53 pm

OK. In picture, the shield is being held with the hand.

Also, I also quoted Temo's recent post, if you didn't catch it.
Glaceon
Glaceon
Glas Ghoblehht
Glas Ghoblehht

Back to top Go down

Post  Xeek Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:46 pm

Glaceon wrote:OK. In picture, the shield is being held with the hand.

Also, I also quoted Temo's recent post, if you didn't catch it.

Yes, I did, but I don't get how does that answer why he can't use a shield with his free hand? Or how would he use it? If I am correct, the purpose of this bow is so it's one handed... It defeats the purpose of it isn't...

Also: For shields like that you can let go of the handle and it'll still stay in your hand. The handle is for extra strength.

For clarification purposes, I'll restate my question.

"One question: How will you show a shield and someone holding the one handed crossbow? "
Xeek
Xeek
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Temo Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:10 pm

While Mikhail doesn't really use shields to begin with, the easiest answer would be to just carry a shield on his back for visual purposes in-game. Naturally, you can't carry one with a crossbow equipped, as well as anything else, so that would be the easiest method. Thanks to that hidden defense bonus thing, it works well in a PVP situation as well. And don't you dare say something along the lines of "but you can also carry a weapon that way alongside the shield, so wouldn't that mean he's carrying three things at once?" I shall hit you. Neutral
Temo
Temo
Burrito Bison

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next