Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Razeluxe body alt--Nier! (Lazy-format. =A= )

+2
Auramune
Vayne
6 posters

Go down

Razeluxe body alt--Nier! (Lazy-format. =A= ) Empty Razeluxe body alt--Nier! (Lazy-format. =A= )

Post  Vayne Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:51 pm

Name: Nier
Age: Pre-Erinn unkown, looked to be in 40's. Current, 27.
Race: Giant
Personality: Stoic and gruff, but by no means unfriendly. He carries a lot of stock in the bonds of friendship, and carries a paternal mentality wherever he goes. However, this does not apply to his enemies, who he cuts down even if...well, even if it is him in the wrong. The ends justify the means.
Biography: ...(Keeping it vague so that the story of Nier isn't RUINED for those who haven't played)

Nier's life can be summed up to a single word. Misery. How else could it feel to know that you came within inches of dooming the world, and the only reason mankind still exists in your home is because you don't? Nier's most recent years before his arrival in Erinn were dedicated to one thing and one thing alone: curing his daughter of a black sickness that slowly took over mind and body--the Black Scrawl. This endeavor led him through a great many trials, and to a great many truths that he would have rather lived without. Primarily, he wasn't a real person. Not he, not anyone. Though his daughter he did, in the end, cure, he also doomed he and all the others in the land. The true 'humans' had been annihalated at his hands. To remedy this. To save his friend and give humanity a second chance, Nier wrote himself out of existance, quite literally. Not even his own daughter or best friends would recall him. He was less than dust in the wind.

However, matter cannot be created or destroyed, it can only be changed or moved. This applies to all aspects of life--and the afterlife. Nier did not entirely cease to exist; only from that plane of existence. It seemed that there was some truth to human spirituality. He was still alive, somehow. But where, why, and how, he did not know.

(Yeah. LAZILY DONE. Mainly because I do NOT want to give away the story of Nier. PLAY THE GAME! D: < )

Razeluxe body alt--Nier! (Lazy-format. =A= ) Nier10
Vayne
Vayne
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Razeluxe body alt--Nier! (Lazy-format. =A= ) Empty Re: Razeluxe body alt--Nier! (Lazy-format. =A= )

Post  Auramune Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:05 pm

>_<

Spoiler:
Auramune
Auramune
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Razeluxe body alt--Nier! (Lazy-format. =A= ) Empty Re: Razeluxe body alt--Nier! (Lazy-format. =A= )

Post  Mari Eir Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:58 pm

Auramune wrote:>_<

Spoiler:
I had the same opinion basically, but voiced to the one doing the partner character for this. xD;
Mari Eir
Mari Eir
Viking
Viking

Back to top Go down

Post  Kalamiko Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:19 am

The character's not trademarked, is he?! D=

..This has been your daily dose of stupidity, brought to you by yours truly!

Kalamiko
Kalamiko
Kosher Dill Troll
Kosher Dill Troll

Back to top Go down

Post  Auramune Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:38 am

Pretty sure all game characters are trademarked to their makers.
Auramune
Auramune
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Kalamiko Sat Jun 11, 2011 1:51 pm

Auramune wrote:Pretty sure all game characters are trademarked to their makers.
Just look at DBZ! 4/5 of the characters on there are trademarked...
Piccolo isn't because it's a musical instrument. xD
Kalamiko
Kalamiko
Kosher Dill Troll
Kosher Dill Troll

Back to top Go down

Post  Mari Eir Sat Jun 11, 2011 2:06 pm

Kalamiko wrote:
Auramune wrote:Pretty sure all game characters are trademarked to their makers.
Just look at DBZ! 4/5 of the characters on there are trademarked...
Piccolo isn't because it's a musical instrument. xD
Sort of. The DB series is based off the old Chinese folktale Journey to the West, otherwise known as the Monkey King. The main character's Japanese names were Genjo Sanzo and Son Goku.
Mari Eir
Mari Eir
Viking
Viking

Back to top Go down

Post  Auramune Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:40 pm

Names aren't trademarked. It could be the most unique name in the world, and that's it can't be trademarked. But he's not just using the name. He's using the character.
Auramune
Auramune
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Kalamiko Sat Jun 11, 2011 4:35 pm

I know. o_O I never said names.
Kalamiko
Kalamiko
Kosher Dill Troll
Kosher Dill Troll

Back to top Go down

Post  Hyuponia Kana Sat Jun 11, 2011 5:15 pm

Hyuponia Kana
Hyuponia Kana
Kosher Dill Troll
Kosher Dill Troll

Back to top Go down

Post  Mari Eir Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:03 pm

Can't do anything now that the character is so deeply ingrained. xD; And the fact that Link's skill base is dedicated to the actual character. We're not actually doing/saying anything or trying to stop anyone. Just trying to get it across that you guys shouldn't be taking OTHER people's characters and RPing them outright.
Mari Eir
Mari Eir
Viking
Viking

Back to top Go down

Post  Vayne Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:08 pm

*nods* I get'cha. All of ya. I -personally- don't see anything wrong with it. Copyright infringement is when you take a character and use them for a marketing/fame-gain purpose. If it was using the character period. Well, then, we'd have a constant stream of cases due to the many, many fanfic writers out there and adoring sketches.

Take Yugioh Abridged, or any other abridged/fandub. It isn't theirs, by any means. But is it wrong? In the case of Yugioh, the Yugioh franchise actually -gained- popularity from these non-profit gag-toons.

Along those lines: it is very, very, very, -very- common for people to play existing characters in an RP. When they do this strictly, I frown on them and feel they have a lack of creativity. However, when they -do- have a vast number of original characters, I appreciate and acknowledge their admiration for said game/show. Imitation is, after all, the sincerest form of flattery.

Despite these protests, I have no desire to cause any problems or upset anyone in any way. So, I will not be using Nier. I apologize for causing any trouble or disappointment among you. ^__^

*Edit

To clarify, although I assume everyone realizes this. I getcha, in this case, means 'I see and understand your point, but I disagree.' I don't want anybody assuming I claim I agree, then throw out what followed.

Last edited by Vayne De 'Romanus on Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Vayne
Vayne
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Auramune Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:18 pm

Not trying to discourage your use of him. Or anyone who does it. Just voicing opinions on how I feel about it, it all. I wouldn't hate you or be disappointed or anything like that if you decided to play this dude. I don't think anyone here would be.

I'd be biased if I was against it imitation. Lily is an imitation of Beatrice. Imitation. She's not Beatrice in any life, and I've never claimed her to be. Doesn't carry the name either. But her mannerisms and personality are very Beato.
Auramune
Auramune
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Kalamiko Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:50 pm

The Original and current Kalas were both imitations of Orihime Inoue from Bleach.. (Bite me. >.> <.<)
Kalamiko
Kalamiko
Kosher Dill Troll
Kosher Dill Troll

Back to top Go down

Post  Glaceon Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:56 pm

-looks to my giant alt, Vita-

I took that character from an anime....but it's an anime that isn't known as much.

Most of my characters are based off something in the Music, Anime, Gaming genre. If you dig down enough, you can find out where. No pointing out the obvious of Espeon, and tbh the name isn't even based off pokemon. It's based off a character I played in a different game.

I see no issues with taking a character from an area, having them have died and reborn into Erinn, and RPing them. RP is as limited as our imagination.
Glaceon
Glaceon
Glas Ghoblehht
Glas Ghoblehht

Back to top Go down

Post  Vayne Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:03 pm

I've been re-thinking whether or not I will use him, despite my claim I wouldn't. It may not have been the most creative thing out there, but it is something Hyu and I would really enjoy doing together. And RP is about the fun, right? If RP wasn't enjoyable, I wouldn't do it! So, I'm leaving it up in the air for now.
Vayne
Vayne
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Mari Eir Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:54 am

Btw, you're wrong about it not being copyright infringement just because you don't gain anything from it. A common misconception; and one Abridged series WAS shut down for it hardcore. xD But there are other cases too. Just sayin..
Mari Eir
Mari Eir
Viking
Viking

Back to top Go down

Post  Vayne Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:35 am

*Looks at the definition of it* ...She's right, I was wrong. Don't listen to me, people! Listen to her!
Vayne
Vayne
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down