Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sin Ternock

3 posters

Go down

Sin Ternock Empty Sin Ternock

Post  Temo Mon May 09, 2011 11:04 am

Something I'd been planning out for aaaaaages...okay, really mid-last year. >.> Ever since I heard about dragon pets coming to Mabi, I've been wanting to do this, but no sooner because I didn't wanna end up using current characters instead of the real thing. So assuming I can purchase one this summer, all that waiting pays off. \o/

Still a draft for testing and editorial purposes.

Full Name: Sin Ternock
Race: Milletian Thunder Dragon
Eyes: Black
Hair: N/A
Likes: Knights and others who uphold virtue, sheep (not as food)
Dislikes: Dishonesty, betrayal, greed, oppression, apathy, dragon slayers (naturally)
Personality: Calm, cautious, calculating
Theme: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Theme
Quote: "A knight is sworn to valor..."

Biography:

Then...

Once upon a time, there existed the great kingdom of Breá Mias - a land governed by the noble code of the its knights, and protected by the guardian who served as its symbol. The guardian was a dragon named Orn Ternock, which is simply Draconian for "Silver-Scaled"; and for generations, he had fulfilled his duty in defending the land's borders from invaders. In staying true to the code and his duty, did he earn his way into the Great Hills when the Aeons said it was time; and should he fail, his soul would be eternally damned, as was the way with dragons of his world.

Orn served the humans well into the days where wars were starting to be fought more within courts than open battlefields as the people began to tire of bloodshed. However, such ways began to taint the hearts of Breá Mias's nobility in many ways - one that particularly troubled Orn being the way knights were trying to win favor with the elderly king, and more importantly, his only daughter. The princess and her father were among the last nobility of the nobility who still believed in the Knight's Code; but the king was slowly being misled into what Orn foresaw as the kingdom's greatest downfall. It was ignorance of that fear that brought about his own.

Indeed, he paid it no mind. Trusted the resolve of humans to shine through as it had done so many times in the past. But he'd forgotten that sometimes those lights tended to be dimmed or deflected. When one eager knight decided to slay the symbol of the Knight's Code, who "in reality, was nothing but a symbol and monster of fear and oppression", he found his faith in humans faultering. Naturally, the knight paid with his life, as did those who attempted to succeed where he failed in order to make a name for themselves as dragonslayers; and Orn soon found himself forced into hiding in a land he was once free to roam as he pleased.

Unable to bring himself to unleash his wrath on the children of those he loved and protected, Orn remained in hiding to the best of his abilities. However, when receiving news about the king's most recent decrees, understanding what it meant not only for him, but all creatures of the realm, the dragon couldn't stay hidden any longer. Hoping to reach the one last bit of light he knew of in Breá Mias and rescue it before it had been snuffed out, he took flight to the castle and kidnapped the princess. During his escape though, one overzealous archer accidentally struck her with an arrow intended for him.

Managing to make it safely back to his lair without another incident, the dragon hastily tended to the dying woman. Her heart had been pierced and she had already lost too much blood - she wouldn't have lasted much longer on her own, so Orn did the only thing he could think of. He shared his own life force with her by forming a pact, for if her light faded, he knew the kingdom would be lost forever.

However, performing the pact without proper preparations left them both in a weakened state, and knights were wasting no time in hunting each of Orn's lairs with the intent of slaying him and saving the princess, assuming she hadn't already been eaten. Unable to flee when they drew close, Orn attempted to reason with them; but the corruption that had spread through the kingdom was worse than he had thought. The descendants of the knights who once praised him, fought alongside him, were nothing but glory-seeking monster slayers now, determined to bring make him their greatest trophy.

Even in his weakened condition, Orn made them suffer. He fought to his last breath, which in turn became the princess's. And with hers, he failed entirely in his duty to protect Breá Mias. Before the week ended, the king was assassinated, and a tyrant of a knight managed to seize the throne. The kingdom quickly fell into turmoil; and Orn Ternock, the former royal family, and anything related to the Knight's Code were quickly forgotten.

Now...

He knew he hadn't been admitted to the Great Hills for his failure. He had often been taught that dragons who weren't, ceased to exist - body and soul. His first thought when he arrived in that place of vast white nothingness was that this had to be what lack of an existence truly was; but then came the owls...and then the strange woman in a black gown who had an uncanny resemblence to the princess he couldn't protect.

She explained where he was. Told him that this land called Erinn had need of guardians with his resolve to protect the many races of the land who were constantly facing conflict, who were often found helpless, where evil was constantly running rampant unchecked. She asked if he would be willing to redeem himself by doing what he could to protect Erinn, and while the reward was not as great as his own world's paradise, there appeared to be another promised to him here when he finally could pass away - a place where his honor could be restored.

However, Orn's faith in mankind had already been tarnished after events in his own world. While resolute in his own morales, he has become hesitant in his trust and duty as last defender of his noble code, especially when setting foot in Erinn. While he did believe the woman, she failed to tell him that his punishment for previous failure still remained and was far worse that he could imagine. Should he die, were his sacrifice not enough, he appeared cursed to resurrect and face the pains of death again and again until the gods of this new world were satisfied. As if to remind him of his failure and this new burden, the silver scales he was once proud of had been tainted black, with the added promise that he would know when his sins were purged after they'd returned to their previous luster.

Still, even great dragons had their limits, and Sin Ternock - as he was called now - was facing an entire world that may have been far more harsh and cruel than his beloved kingdom of Breá Mias. How could he be expected stand firm in what he had to do when given such a fate?

Last edited by Jacquemo Rie on Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Temo
Temo
Burrito Bison

http://pineappleyoshi.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Sin Ternock Empty Re: Sin Ternock

Post  Temo Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:41 pm

And now that I'm back, this goes into effect. Yep.

Also, once again, I CALLED IT!
Temo
Temo
Burrito Bison

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:58 pm

What did you call?

Back to top Go down

Post  Temo Sat Jul 09, 2011 4:56 pm

...it's been so long I don't remember anymore. Something about dragons though. :T
Temo
Temo
Burrito Bison

Back to top Go down

Post  Hyuponia Kana Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:55 pm

Hyu still has yet to meet Sin. :I ....They would probably be good friends.

...He also hasn't met Arc. They probably would be good friends too. But only for very, very bad reasons. xD
Hyuponia Kana
Hyuponia Kana
Kosher Dill Troll
Kosher Dill Troll

Back to top Go down

Post  Temo Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:52 pm

He hasn't met anybody. Nobody's dang on and responsive when I am. XD;

...except Soifa yesterday, but we were too busy killing things to RP. And Bart, but...I dunno what Bart does. >A<
Temo
Temo
Burrito Bison

Back to top Go down

Post  Adhamh Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:41 pm

Jacquemo Rie wrote:He hasn't met anybody. Nobody's dang on and responsive when I am. XD;

...except Soifa yesterday, but we were too busy killing things to RP. And Bart, but...I dunno what Bart does. >A<

I'll totally RP with you Temo. D:<
Adhamh
Adhamh
Cromm Crunch
Cromm Crunch

Location : Anywhere, everywhere, and nowhere all at the same time.

Back to top Go down

Post  Temo Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:23 am

\o/

Still wondering how exactly to bring him into play though. For the time being, he just hangs about the cliffs in Rano and raids Qilla livestock on the outskirts where nobody can hear you bleat. Neutral
Temo
Temo
Burrito Bison

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum