Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RPS Tarot Cards

+7
Hyuponia Kana
Dalvar
Glaceon
Temo
Auramune
Dellinger
Mari Eir
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

RPS Tarot Cards Empty RPS Tarot Cards

Post  Mari Eir Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:04 pm

Heeeeey guys! Smile I have a homework assignment in which I need to design a card. I prefer the images that go along with tarot cards, so...

I thought that if any of you were interested, I'd draw your character representing a tarot card of your choice (IE: Death, hanging man, etc and so on). The only requirement? Just look up/google tarot cards and pick one to your liking, then post a picture of your character in the way you'd like them drawn. It'd help if you posted the actual card as well, but that's optional. I'm in class and the lecture's started, so I'll post more if need be later. Very Happy
Mari Eir
Mari Eir
Viking
Viking

Back to top Go down

RPS Tarot Cards Empty Re: RPS Tarot Cards

Post  Dellinger Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:31 pm

So, I am terribly interested in this idea, as I am a lover of all things occult.
I'm talking with my friend as of now to figure out what characters fit what spot the best;
we'll keep updating this as we work through my friend's tarot deck and our favorite interpretations.
If you approve of any of these, I'll post you pictures:

Zachary Dellinger
-Knight of Wands ((http://www.ata-tarot.com/resource/cards/wkn.html)): "Such a person, when shown by the Knight of Wands, shares his spontaneity and kinetic outlook on life. Though he may seem gruff or even violent at first glance, underneath that armor he wears a warm and generous heart [although in this case just the opposite]. He will be highly supportive of those he considers friends - and you'd be surprised how high that number can go! He typifies the "knight in shining armor" prototype because he is always swooping into situations, saving the day and then moving on to the next adventure. This suddenness hides a deep sense of morality and honor; he is always ready to protect those who cannot defend themselves. But he cannot stand to stay in one place for long; there is always more to do." ((Seems most appropriate))

-King of Cups ((http://www.ata-tarot.com/resource/cards/ckg.html)): "He represents someone who is calm on the surface, yet passionate and volatile underneath... He listens to the suggestions of others, even when they are in conflict with his own carefully formed opinions. He never judges, never blames others for their faults, and is always a sympathetic supporter. In return, others always gather around to hear what he has to say because his wisdom speaks directly to the heart... In fact, the King of Cups is almost always hiding something." [[This is only half-true of Dellinger]]

-The Star ((http://www.ata-tarot.com/resource/cards/maj17.html)): "There are few cards more positive than the Star, because when it appears in your life it is nothing less than a beacon of hope and inspiration. In times of darkness it shows that there is a way out, and tells you not to worry, for illumination and freedom are at hand. All you need is something in which to place your faith. So trust in yourself, and in whatever powers you believe control the universe, to help you through difficult times. Let the infinite energy of the Star warm you and rejuvenate your soul, to provide the strength and the clarity of purpose you need to continue on your journey."

Lucius Entine
-The Tower [meaning bad endings] ((http://www.ata-tarot.com/resource/cards/maj16.html)): "This is the energy of the Tower card, an energy very similar to Death in that it is both a destructive and a creative force. When a building is old and decrepit, it must be demolished so that a new structure may stand in its place. The same is true of the symbolic Tower. When old attitudes and beliefs are outdated, you will have to let go of them, whether you like it or not." Our interpretation is that normally, it's a bad thing that doesn't mean good endings. Reversed means it might repair itself.

Syiano
-The Hierophant ((http://www.ata-tarot.com/resource/cards/maj05.html)): "Such a philosophy may seem unnecessarily restrictive but, as the Emperor has taught us, restriction leads to order. The Hierophant is charged with the maintenance and propagation of tradition and conventional beliefs, and anyone who goes against these beliefs is shunned. Balance and conformity are the goals of the Hierophant, and neither positive nor negative is emphasized - only tradition matters. In extreme cases, this can indeed have very negative effects (as Galileo found out) but in most cases having some tradition to follow is beneficial. The traditions and ceremonies of the church, which are particularly strong in this card, are a prime example of this. On a more personal level, the Hierophant is also a teacher or a mentor. One major role of a spiritual leader is to initiate others into the community and teach them the ways of the group. Obviously one who holds the secrets and is entrusted with the traditions of the group is a prime candidate to teach them to others, and the Hierophant plays this role well. Though his approach to teaching is one that centers on conformity and shuns individual expression for the moment, this can be helpful. Only once the student has mastered the ways of the group can he or she properly decide whether to remain or leave."

And, heck, if you want to have a fun thing for what I was aiming for the relations of characters that had roles in the Lucid Insanity plot:

The Wheel of Fortune ((http://www.ata-tarot.com/resource/cards/maj10.html)): Sudden change, either up or down; if you're on top, you'll go down, if you're on bottom, you'll begin to rise. If you want just something about that in general, I can have a talk about this with you. It would probably have anyone who played a major role in L.I., including Jack, Dell, Entine, Dalvar, Ken, etc.
Dellinger
Dellinger
Dragon
Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Auramune Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:56 pm

Nia: http://tarotgirl.files.wordpress.com/2008/06/03-the-empress.jpg
Spoiler:

https://2img.net/h/oi52.tinypic.com/hv6o8k.jpg

Last edited by Auramune on Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Auramune
Auramune
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Temo Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:42 pm

Sounds fun, but I seem to be having trouble even looking. Lousy examples from where I'm digging, anybody got better references that aren't wiki? (Forget the websites I looked on, but I know that was one of them, was not helpful.) DX
Temo
Temo
Burrito Bison

http://pineappleyoshi.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Glaceon Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:56 pm

Google/Yahoo Image Search ftw, Temo.

I'd like Glacia on the Magician Card. You know what she looks like by now. I'm also using this picture to look.

http://visualculture09.files.wordpress.com/2010/01/rider-waite-smith_deck.png
Glaceon
Glaceon
Glas Ghoblehht
Glas Ghoblehht

Back to top Go down

Post  Auramune Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:13 pm

http://www.ata-tarot.com/resource/cards/

This is where I looked Temoo.
Auramune
Auramune
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Mari Eir Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:19 pm

The meanings of the cards help a lot, too, guys. Smile And Dell, I'll most likely be doing these this weekend. I think I need... 12? Only one will be picked for my midterm final, but I still need to design 12. ^__^ PM me pics of your chars, too, if that's more convenient.
Mari Eir
Mari Eir
Viking
Viking

Back to top Go down

Post  Dalvar Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:32 pm

Wow, Jabber, I was just thinking about doing this!
Did you read my mind?
Did you?

Anyway, I think Dalvar is The Star:
Spoiler:
... Or at least, at her best she is The Star.
Dalvar
Dalvar
Councilor
Councilor

http://Dalvar.Deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Glaceon Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:48 pm

I'll read through them.

Glacia seems close to the magician, given her potential. She just lacks the ability to use said potential.
Spoiler:

I'll read through the rest and see if any better match her.

EDIT: Alright, it seems Glacia is a lot of them...but overall, she fits in with Magician, as stated above, and High Priestess. Oddly Enough...

Spoiler:

Last edited by Espeon (glacia) on Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Glaceon
Glaceon
Glas Ghoblehht
Glas Ghoblehht

Back to top Go down

Post  Hyuponia Kana Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:57 pm

Hyuponia would be the Moon Arcana.

Divinatory meaning
Upright - Imagination. Dreams and psychic impressions. Sometimes psychic work. Illusions. Inability to see things clearly sometimes resulting in personal depression. Sometimes signifies fiction writing or acting, particularly work in the entertainment industry. Losing control of one's daily life. The unconscious mind.

Ill Dignified or Reversed - Exaggerated forms of the above. The need for secrecy. Deception. Illusion. Escape into daydreams to avoid dealing with reality. Inability to discern reality from illusion. Insincere people. Hidden forces. Trickery. Sometimes an inability to tell the truth. Despair and a desperate need for help.
Hyuponia Kana
Hyuponia Kana
Kosher Dill Troll
Kosher Dill Troll

Back to top Go down

Post  Dalvar Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:28 pm

After some more thought, Calvius is the Page of Cups:
Spoiler:

And Caelavi is the Queen of Wands:
Spoiler:
Dalvar
Dalvar
Councilor
Councilor

Back to top Go down

Post  Dellinger Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:36 am

Mariella Kana wrote:The meanings of the cards help a lot, too, guys. Smile And Dell, I'll most likely be doing these this weekend. I think I need... 12? Only one will be picked for my midterm final, but I still need to design 12. ^__^ PM me pics of your chars, too, if that's more convenient.

Mari, PM is being sent.
Overall, I'm thinking if you choose to do Dell, the Knight of Wands is the most appropriate for him.
The others are accurate as I have listed them.

If you choose to do a wheel of fortune card, however, it should involve several characters.
That is the nature of fate, after all.
Could be a cool RPS idea. -nods-
Dellinger
Dellinger
Dragon
Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Higura Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:25 am

Higura and myself. >_>

The Knight of Cups"
Spoiler:

I'll PM you a picture of Higgy later.
Higura
Higura
Kosher Dill Troll
Kosher Dill Troll

Back to top Go down

Post  Peldari Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:43 am

Not to bog you down any further, but I think Peldari is the Page of Swords.
Spoiler:
Here's an image of him that you can use. .http://www.flickr.com/photos/61823407@N05/5627578747/

This looks like an awesome project and I wish you the best of luck with your final grade
Peldari
Peldari
Kandy Korn Ogre
Kandy Korn Ogre

http://peldari.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenelm Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:11 pm

Kenelm's position in the Lucid Insanity arc is best described by the Strength card. Ultimately, I would probably say he is best described as the Chariot.
Kenelm
Kenelm
Mentor
Mentor

Location : Dallas-Fort Worth metro, Texas, United States, GMT-6

Back to top Go down

Post  Vayne Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:56 pm

Flay, The Chariot

Upright: Triumph over adversity, overcoming life's obstacles, decisiveness and ambition in achieving one's goals, well deserved victory. A period of struggle ending in success. Self control, comfort, perseverance, working within one's boundaries to build up a successful existence.

Ill Dignified or Reversed: A disregard for others, envy, avarice. Loss of control and chaos in one's personal life possibly due to personal flaws. Imbalance. Destruction. A warning against overwhelming ambition and high expectations. The continuation of outdated ideas and traditions.

The Chariot is a major Arcana, and deals heavily with emotions--a card in which emotions don't take a background role like the Emporer, but are, in fact, the horses pulling. For a more detailed explanation, here ya go.

Spoiler:

I leave you with a very happy plane.

RPS Tarot Cards Happy_10
Vayne
Vayne
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Mari Eir Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:57 pm

I'll be doing the basic sketches when I'm not doing anything at Con. All that's due are basic sketches, but I'll continue to work on them as a personal, RPS project even after they've been turned in. xD
Mari Eir
Mari Eir
Viking
Viking

Back to top Go down

Post  Auramune Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:29 pm

Edited with Nia's picture. If a better one's needed let me know. Smile
Auramune
Auramune
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Mari Eir Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:41 pm

Everyone posted a picture or PM'd me one? If not, please do so. I just got back from Con and I'm going to try to knock these out. Remember, I need 12 (and no repeats). If someone has the same as yours, whether or not they posted first, I'd like you to post a different one you would like. A lot seem to want the same things.
Mari Eir
Mari Eir
Viking
Viking

Back to top Go down

Post  Mari Eir Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:36 pm

Ok. I've done...

Moon - Hyu
Empress - Nia
Star - Dalvar
Devil - Arc
Knight of Cups - Higura

I WILL be doing
Knight of Wands - Dellinger
Page of Cups - Calvius
Page of Swords - Peldari

If I didn't put your characters' names, please reselect cards for them if you're still interested (I have opted out of some due to duplicates without backups or aesthetic reasons).

*EDIT*

Please keep in mind these are just the thumbnails I'm working on. Once I get my tablet working properly (or rather the program I use it with) or figure out how to use Adobe Illustrator better, I'll be doing the final versions.

Last edited by Mariella Kana on Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mari Eir
Mari Eir
Viking
Viking

Back to top Go down

Post  Higura Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:58 pm

I didn't send you a picture yet. o.o

Spoiler:
Higura
Higura
Kosher Dill Troll
Kosher Dill Troll

Back to top Go down

Post  Auramune Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:24 pm

Do you need any more selected?
Auramune
Auramune
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Mari Eir Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:33 pm

@Higgy
I remembered what Hina looked like. Razz
@Aura
Yes, I do. I need at LEAST 12.
Mari Eir
Mari Eir
Viking
Viking

Back to top Go down

Post  Dalvar Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:03 pm

I wanna see the thumbnail. :E
Dalvar
Dalvar
Councilor
Councilor

Back to top Go down

Post  Glaceon Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:29 pm

So Glacia isn't fit for High Priestess or Magician?

I just had a revaltion.

Spoiler:

This describes both myself and Glacia at times. I pm'd you a pic of Glacia, but if you need a better one, or a current one, I can provide.
Glaceon
Glaceon
Glas Ghoblehht
Glas Ghoblehht

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum