Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kimuchi the Kappa >(o^o)<

4 posters

Go down

Kimuchi the Kappa  >(o^o)< Empty Kimuchi the Kappa >(o^o)<

Post  Temo Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:03 am

Silly lil' alt I made off some mermaid-ish inspirations. If it doesn't fly in the guild though, that's fine, I don't mind scrappin' him. XD

PS - not much of a power, but there's a few traits I'll be writing up later for that thread if there's nothing wrong with this here. Awaiting feedback, thanks! :3

Name: Kimuchi
Nicknames: N/A
Race: Kappa (If generalizing, Water Spirit)
Personality: Quiet - then again, it could just be because he doesn't really understand the common tongue in this area. Skittish, but curious and would stick around to learn if he didn't have to fear for his life all the time.
Hair color: Green
Eye color: Emerald Green
Skin color: Pale Green (but Mabi don't got that, so I went with orange-ish yellow. It LOOKS green in really bad light at least. =\ )
Likes: Fish, green vegetables (especially cucumbers and pickles), freshwater, soft music, swimming, people watching
Hates: Bad music, loud noises, combat, saltwater, pollution
Themesong: Xenogears OST : Xenogears OST : June Mermaid

History:
Kimuchi used to live a nice, quiet, happy life in faraway waters, in that land where all the happy people that drop into the regions of Uldah and Iria to shower folks with gifts and events come from. I.E. those folks from the lovely Delegation Event that came with G13. silent Incidentally, it was that event that was what got him stuck in this area. Kimuchi was always curious about life with the land-dwellers. He tried learning what he could from beneath the waves; but the distance he was forced to put between himself and them never really helped matters.

So one night, he hatched a plan - Some drunk fisherman had carelessly tossed his clothing and hat into Kimuchi's little cove to go skinny-dipping. This was a little...unnerving for the kappa; but on the other hand, those clothes were just drifting about waiting to be picked up! He was sure the man wouldn't miss them. Until he sobered up anyway, and by which time Kimuchi would be done with them, he was sure! And so after stealing the outfit, he stole off into the night, heading for the nearby docks he usually swam by to observe ships coming and going. The difference this time though, was he was actually going to try boarding one to take a look around! He enjoyed himself too. Able to pass off as a mute (and ugly) loader for what seemed to be like some kind of party shipment, he was allowed on board to help with all the boxes that were being sent to some place called "Ool-da" for a "fest-eef-al". People seemed eager for whatever this was. And that fisherman did seem very drunk, so...maybe he wouldn't mind if Kimuchi held onto his clothes for another day or two? It'd probably take him that long to sober up. Yeah!

This was where he ran into a few problems. Had he known Ool-da was so far away from home, he might've had second thoughts about it. On top of that, he was really only able to live or swim in freshwater. His home had been in a river that connected to the sea a good several miles away. He had no idea what went on beyond his little home, so imagine his shock when he was taken out so far! It was a major problem. If he blew his cover, people might panic; and he couldn't just jump overboard. Aside from having no clue which direction home was in - or how far, the water would make him sick; and who knew what all lurked in those dark depths. Heck, some of the sailors even fished up a monster that was twice as big as them! And they were going to eat it! What would they do if they caught him?

As soon as the ship docked, Kimuchi was off it and running. He didn't bother attending the "fest-eef-al". He didn't bother trying to figure out a way home. He probably wasn't going to be able to return those clothes either. There was no way he was going to make such a terrifying trip again. But where was he supposed to go now? Where was he?

Present Situation: Ever since the Delegation Event, Kimuchi spent his time searching for a decent freshwater home to live within Uldah. Being amphibious had its perks and he didn't really have much of a problem living on land; but he felt more at home in the water. After exploring a few locales in that worn-out disguise of his, he eventually came across Emain Macha's lake. The surrounding area was a little more populated than he'd hoped; but at least he could see some familiarity in the people there. Aside from the crowds, it wasn't so different from home. So the little kappa made a new one there, back to watching folks from afar and sometimes gracing them briefly with his presence that would later have fisherman (and maybe a certain bard) murmuring about another water spirit playing in the area.

Sidenotes: Seeing as I couldn't exactly create the perfect character model with what Mabi gave me, I got it as close as possible. Still, for those needing reference, enjoy the chibi-kappa I doodled for such.
Kimuchi the Kappa  >(o^o)< Chibi_13

Last edited by Temo on Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:00 am; edited 3 times in total
Temo
Temo
Burrito Bison

http://pineappleyoshi.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Kimuchi the Kappa  >(o^o)< Empty Re: Kimuchi the Kappa >(o^o)<

Post  Mari Eir Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:24 am

Maybe he can be a form of Bloop?

*Edit*
I know you said you'd post a few more things, but.. I have to ask. The shallow indentation in the head of a Kappa... does he have this?
Mari Eir
Mari Eir
Viking
Viking

Back to top Go down

Post  Temo Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:42 am

Mariella Kana wrote:Maybe he can be a form of Bloop?

*Edit*
I know you said you'd post a few more things, but.. I have to ask. The shallow indentation in the head of a Kappa... does he have this?

I thought about it, but I couldn't seem to get behind the Bloop idea for this. XD I went with elf instead - was the closest thing and the henna marks even helped for "scales". As for the indentation...I have no clue - never seen one with one of those. o-o

Also, I'm gonna have to revise the origin story later when I'm more conscious. After speaking with Nao during character creation, I learned that there can't really be a land outside Uldah and Iria. "The world of Erinn is made of two continents - Uldah and Iria." she says.
Temo
Temo
Burrito Bison

Back to top Go down

Post  Mari Eir Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:43 am

Temo wrote:
Mariella Kana wrote:Maybe he can be a form of Bloop?

*Edit*

I thought about it, but I couldn't seem to get behind the Bloop idea for this. XD I went with elf instead - was the closest thing and the henna marks even helped for "scales". As for the indentation...I have no clue - never seen one with one of those. o-o

Also, I'm gonna have to revise the origin story later when I'm more conscious. After speaking with Nao during character creation, I learned that there can't really be a land outside Uldah and Iria. "The world of Erinn is made of two continents - Uldah and Iria." she says.
The indentation is something EVERY Kappa has, if not it was not done properly. xD It's a MAJOR weakness: it holds water, which if spilled will result in the death of the Kappa.

By the way, the Delegates proved there are multiple forms of Erinn, so work with that?
Mari Eir
Mari Eir
Viking
Viking

Back to top Go down

Post  Temo Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:46 am

Alright, I'll go with that then.

And...is that why I see some of them with gems on their foreheads? Those are corks? XD
Temo
Temo
Burrito Bison

Back to top Go down

Post  Mari Eir Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:51 am

Haha, no idea. But it's something every Kappa has. That, and a love of cucumbers.
Mari Eir
Mari Eir
Viking
Viking

Back to top Go down

Post  Temo Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:56 am

I was gonna name him cucumber in Japanese at first. I went with...some kinda leek flower instead. xD;

I'll be sure to add that to the "power" thread thing if this is okie then.
Temo
Temo
Burrito Bison

Back to top Go down

Post  Auramune Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:37 pm

Hitching a ride with the delegation crew to come to 'this' Erinn is fine with me. ^-^ I like the story. He'd probably find Corrib to be a much nicer location for home, though.

I can thumbs up this. Keep me posted if you change anything. =)
Auramune
Auramune
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Temo Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:48 am

Vault for now, please. :3
Temo
Temo
Burrito Bison

Back to top Go down

Post  Dalvar Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:28 am

Aw, but who'll leave treasures by Dal's house now? D:
Dalvar
Dalvar
Councilor
Councilor

http://Dalvar.Deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Temo Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:13 pm

You realize if he still was around, he'd probably try eating Dal's baby too? =X
Temo
Temo
Burrito Bison

Back to top Go down

Post  Dalvar Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:16 pm

Yes. D:
Lola would gnaw his face off! >:E
Dalvar
Dalvar
Councilor
Councilor

http://Dalvar.Deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Temo Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:08 am

...okay, that was a short-lived retirement, and what I was planning to use him for in the future's kinda fallen through for the moment (maybe forever), soooo...can we put Mr. Chi back into active service please? Thankyou. :3
Temo
Temo
Burrito Bison

Back to top Go down

Post  Mari Eir Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:51 am

There ya go, Mister Rie. Razz
Mari Eir
Mari Eir
Viking
Viking