Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Glacia's Pain Tolerance

+2
Auramune
Glaceon
6 posters

Go down

Glacia's Pain Tolerance Empty Glacia's Pain Tolerance

Post  Glaceon Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:19 am

This is pretty much something that I thought would be kind of a power.

Pretty much, it's Pain Tolerance, or an Inability to feel Pain
Glacia's Jobs at the Jousting Arena, and from being a Royal Alchemist have had a direct toll on her body, as well as her nerves and sensativities. She was very wounded and injured from her last Shadow Realm incident, after getting stuck, and Mauled by fomors several times. Yet over time, she built up a tolerance...but eventually the nerves got struck to the point where she couldn't feel anything pain related. The physical impact and damage was there...but she yielded no reaction to it. It was like pain had become obsolete physically. Mentally, she could still go through pain, emotional pain mainly. Physical Pain, her body had become unable to feel it.

Pretty much, it's an IC tool. She can be kicked, punched, slapped, whipped, slashed, you name it. She won't feel anything. She will notice if you punch her and she goes flying back, but she won't feel anything. This mainly just applies to her body. Attacks to the head will still hurt her, as she wasn't attacked in the head often. Attacks to the body, arms, legs, etc. will not yield any response from her, aside from a "What just happened" on occassion. Example: If you punch her arm, she won't feel a thing. If there is enough force, you might leave a bruise or knock her to the side a bit, but no pain will be felt.

Ideas, Comments, Flaws, etc? Leave a post.
Glaceon
Glaceon
Glas Ghoblehht
Glas Ghoblehht

Back to top Go down

Glacia's Pain Tolerance Empty Re: Glacia's Pain Tolerance

Post  Auramune Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:55 am

Just so you know, feeling something and body reacting to something are two different thing. I still expect you to react to someone attacking you, even if she doesn't feel it. Example:

JimBob throws a fist at Glacia.

Glacia is punched, but doesn't say ow.

This, by no means, gives you the ability to 'ignore' attacks like you tried at the banquet. Wink
Auramune
Auramune
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:37 am

This seems more like a request to not say "Ow, that hurt ;.; " when someone hits you.
Expanding on Aura's example.

JimBob fireballs Glacia.

Glacia is burnt to a crisp, but doesn't feel it.

Two questions, though.

Since this pain tolerance is from her current body apparently being beaten into submission, if she dies and rebirths, will the pain tolerance go away and she can feel pain again?

And...who is JimBob?

Back to top Go down

Post  Glaceon Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:06 pm

Once she dies and all that, it will go away for the most part. And as for the reactions and stuff. I did say the impacts and stuff would still take place, she just wouldn't feel anything.
Glaceon
Glaceon
Glas Ghoblehht
Glas Ghoblehht

Back to top Go down

Post  Dellinger Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:28 pm

Well, just remember the obvious occasions of "If you put your hand in the campfire by accident" or "Someone shot you with a flaming arrow," you're not going to notice the "I'm on fire" bit until either someone points it out or until the fire gets to a point and the action dies down that you'd legitimately be able to notice this.

As this is more of a penalty to your character (not feeling pain does not mean that your muscles and body do not degrade and shut down at the same rate), I say go ahead. Abuse of this in ways mentioned above will call for a removal.
Dellinger
Dellinger
Dragon
Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Xeek Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:54 pm

pretty much what Dell said. No pain = no feeling = no pleasure. And as other people said, if you get punched or hit by an arrow, you will be pushed back. And also, this is not a power. You still have to follow the faults though.
Xeek
Xeek
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Mari Eir Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:25 pm

Glacia Eon wrote:Once she dies and all that, it will go away for the most part. And as for the reactions and stuff. I did say the impacts and stuff would still take place, she just wouldn't feel anything.
1. Glacia is a mortal therefore can die, from my understanding. Rebirth is NOT an option seeing as how she falls into neither the "Milletian" nor "Erinn Born" category.
2. The nerves linked to feeling pain are the same as feeling hot and cold. This means Glacia would be more susceptible to overheating and freezing. Or if she were to come down with a cold, she probably wouldn't notice until she collapsed. This leaves her very vulnerable seeing as how pain is not a hindrance, but a warning system.
Mari Eir
Mari Eir
Viking
Viking

Back to top Go down

Post  Xeek Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:27 pm

[quote="Mariella Kana"]
Glacia Eon wrote:Once she dies and all that, it will go away for the most part. And as for the reactions and stuff. I did say the impacts and stuff would still take place, she just wouldn't feel anything.
1. Glacia is a mortal therefore can die, from my understanding. Rebirth is NOT an option seeing as how she falls into neither the "Milletian" nor "Erinn Born" category.

I think she changed it, and Glacia is now a millitean. She just doesn't know it.
Xeek
Xeek
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Mari Eir Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:29 pm

[quote="Xeek"]
Mariella Kana wrote:

I think she changed it, and Glacia is now a millitean. She just doesn't know it.
When did this change? I'm saying this based off of recent conversation... If that's the case, is this posted somewhere already and I just missed it?
Mari Eir
Mari Eir
Viking
Viking

Back to top Go down

Post  Xeek Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:48 pm

[quote="Mariella Kana"]
Xeek wrote:
Mariella Kana wrote:

When did this change? I'm saying this based off of recent conversation... If that's the case, is this posted somewhere already and I just missed it?

I am not sure, she told me this a long time ago. When people were complaining about the dimensional rift thing.
Xeek
Xeek
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Mari Eir Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:50 pm

Then this should probably be written down somewhere if it's not in the originally approved bio. I don't know about you guys, but I see changing from being a mortal to being an immortal to be a pretty big deal.
Mari Eir
Mari Eir
Viking
Viking

Back to top Go down

Post  Glaceon Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:43 pm

It was in my modified bio. People were getting iffy about it all, so she IS a milletian, she just doesn't know it, as Xeek said. So to her, she isn't a Tuatha or a Milletian, nor does she know -how- she got here. She just knows she is here.

Also, this thread is Trash as I put all over the powers involving Glacia into a Power synopsis, so please refer to that for any discussions please.
Glaceon
Glaceon
Glas Ghoblehht
Glas Ghoblehht

Back to top Go down

Post  Xeek Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:51 pm

Glacia Eon wrote:It was in my modified bio. People were getting iffy about it all, so she IS a milletian, she just doesn't know it, as Xeek said. So to her, she isn't a Tuatha or a Milletian, nor does she know -how- she got here. She just knows she is here.

Also, this thread is Trash as I put all over the powers involving Glacia into a Power synopsis, so please refer to that for any discussions please.

Again this thread is not even a power. Just character detail. But it does come with it's side effects.
And Glacia is a millitean >_>.

"Milletian: People who have been guided to Erinn by Nao (i.e. player characters)"
Xeek
Xeek
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Kayeori Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:07 am

Moved to the bin.
Kayeori
Kayeori
Dessert Dragon
Dessert Dragon