Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"The Reborn" Gypsies

+3
The Kerrins
Kalamiko
Temo
7 posters

Go down

"The Reborn" Gypsies Empty "The Reborn" Gypsies

Post  Temo Sun Oct 17, 2010 2:56 pm

Running off Xeek's Bloop template with a few additions and notes. I got this okay'd with a few officers but wasn't sure exactly where to put the "black n' white" details of it all. So I thought I'd drop it here in the end since it's something people can make characters to.

Name: (Character Name)

Race: Human and disguised Fomor, though open to other races down the line

Overview

This would be a part of something that came with the Twilit Tears aftermath: Kurohi managed to escape; and then was able to gather up past contacts, former Requiem soldiers and workers, Black Dawn children who hadn't been captured yet, and disappear with them. Generally, those she knew and understood wouldn't be able to live a free and/or unprosecuted life after their involvement with the war or her. Given this social group she vanished with would have most likely been nothing but scoundrels and riffraff in the near future anyways, not many complained.

Within the following months (by Milletian standards anyway), the Renăscut began appearing in small groups off the coasts of Cearrn and Qilla - gypsy nomads moving about wherever the wind took them, though looking for places to peacefully settle down in their own little societies. It's hard to say whether or not they are the fugitives Kurohi spirited; but their timing through the whole ordeal leaves them generally mistrusted and watched carefully in towns. There seem to be a few faces that seem familiar among them, but nobody that can truly be identified by physical characteristics alone.

Who are the Renăscut?
In Romanian, renăscut is translated as "reborn".

A majority of the Renăscut are indeed fugitives and refugees that Kurohi took under her wing, and also currently leads incognito as a woman named Kya Light - often referred to as Mrs. Light, or "Mama Light" by youths she's adopted. However, there were several war-torn and destitute that had been picked up along the way as well, so the people are all mixed and diverse, yet at the same time consider each other as close as family. They travel from place to place providing entertainment or trade to towns, and are generally a group of outcasts that banded together to give each other a place to belong.

The gypsies are not all Milletians. In fact, Milletians are currently a minority among them. The name they gave themselves was merely formed under the concept of creating a new way of living, not because they were literally reborn through Soul Stream. As exiles to Erinn and considered better off dead in their former lives, it seemed the most fitting. Though in order to allow their past lives to remain buried and not come back to haunt them, this ideal is kept a mystery from the general public.

Purpose of the Renăscut?
-Bring a closing to a part of the Twilit Tears arc, as well as a few open-ended ties before it.
-An invitation for guild members to help in forming a subgroup within RPS - just an opportunity to play a different kind of character as PC/NPC, explore, development, that kind of thing. Razz
-A play on the up-and-coming family system in G12.
-(Insert something I'm forgetting here.)

What do you need to be a Renăscut?
While the following traits are preferred, they are optional. The gypsy welcome all with open arms, but it would be nice to have some gyspy to do so Razz :

-Outcast/vagrant/vagabond
-Canon Mabinogi race
-Dark Knight if under 15 years old, human, and playing a former Requiem child.
-If a Fomor character, black or red robes are preferred - just for overall clarification on race with the guild.

IC rules to Follow
Note - if these are not followed, while it may pain them, the Renăscut have no choice but to exile the offender. Granted, these are open for debate depending on the crime, but it's highly recommended not to risk it.

-For too many reasons to summarize, beware lawmen.
-Stealing - if you must, do so only when necessary and from those who can afford the loss. (And don't get caught, of course.)
-No killing under any circumstances.
-Speaking about our pasts is forbidden. Where you are from doesn't matter - only where you are going.
-While we are not citizens under any town or nation, we will follow their laws so long as we are within the borders of their walls. These laws however, may not override any of the previously listed rules.

If making a bio for a character in this group, please add the word "Gypsy" some where in the title. The rest of the bio is the usual template used on this thread.

Aaaaand...think that's it. Any questions for things not listed here, feel free to ask. Razz

Last edited by Temo on Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:06 am; edited 2 times in total
Temo
Temo
Burrito Bison

http://pineappleyoshi.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

"The Reborn" Gypsies Empty Re: "The Reborn" Gypsies

Post  Kalamiko Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:57 pm

I have to meet Ms. Light/Kurohi/Mama Light ICly before I can become a..
Renascut,
right?
Kalamiko
Kalamiko
Kosher Dill Troll
Kosher Dill Troll

Back to top Go down

Post  Temo Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:03 pm

Nope. Just gotta follow the description n' such here for your character.
Temo
Temo
Burrito Bison

Back to top Go down

Post  Temo Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:08 am

Edits/clarifications/add-ons made to:

Who are the Renăscut?
What do you need to be a Renăscut?

Apologies if things haven't been clear. And still, any questions, feel free to ask. Razz
Temo
Temo
Burrito Bison

Back to top Go down

Post  Temo Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:28 pm

Hmm...permission to have this stickied for the time-being so it doesn't get lost? The Bloops too? Surprised I figure these're two option alt things for the general audience, so folks should be able to find them without having to dig?
Temo
Temo
Burrito Bison

Back to top Go down

Post  The Kerrins Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:30 pm

We might want to make a subfolder for approved templates
The Kerrins
The Kerrins
Sweet Tart Sucubus
Sweet Tart Sucubus

Back to top Go down

Post  Mari Eir Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:25 am

I agree. We need to make something like this for the races featured in RPS. There's a few foxes, a few dragons, a few Cubi. We should have a section for templates for all races Very Happy
Mari Eir
Mari Eir
Viking
Viking

Back to top Go down

Post  Auramune Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:03 am

You guys would be in to a group of pre-made templates for people to choose from, then?
Auramune
Auramune
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Adhamh Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:52 am

Does this mean Finn would have his own template? Very Happy (I'm pretty sure he's the only birdguy)
Adhamh
Adhamh
Cromm Crunch
Cromm Crunch

Location : Anywhere, everywhere, and nowhere all at the same time.

Back to top Go down

Post  Mari Eir Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:19 pm

Kitsune wrote:You guys would be in to a group of pre-made templates for people to choose from, then?
Ya Very Happy I think it'd help new members, too. Though I wouldn't want to inhibit their creativity. If we DO make them, we should make it clear they're not mandatory. It's just there are enough of our characters' races to do this.
Mari Eir
Mari Eir
Viking
Viking

Back to top Go down

Post  Temo Sat Oct 23, 2010 2:52 am

UPDATE - Renascut family tree has been created. To place your alt on it, please contact Serth (AKA Laikika).

Due to the current size of the family trees and lack of funding for more for about a week or so, only one alt registered to the group can be permitted right now. I think we're currently at six right now anyway, so no worries, full family tree with just that. Yey~ Very Happy
Temo
Temo
Burrito Bison

Back to top Go down

Post  Auramune Sat Oct 23, 2010 6:01 am

I have 50k for myself. It'll tap me, but I have it. ^_^ When's the best time to get on for it?
Auramune
Auramune
Retired
Retired

Back to top Go down

Post  Elysia Sat Oct 23, 2010 9:57 am

I have money to spare if you need, just let me know Smile
Elysia
Elysia
Wolf in Designer Clothing
Wolf in Designer Clothing

http://loveofanimals.ca

Back to top Go down

Post  Temo Sat Oct 23, 2010 12:13 pm

Best person to ask about that would be Lai, Aura. XD I'd suggest everybody maybe drop her a PM about it.

And if I can win a house at the auction tonight, spare money won't be necessary, but thankyou! Razz
Temo
Temo
Burrito Bison

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum