Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Azarune's Runes...

4 posters

Go down

Azarune's  Runes... Empty Azarune's Runes...

Post  Azarune Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:11 pm

Intro: In memory of his home world, Azarune used elementals to craft small trinkets, each capable of allowing him to focus his magic. The materials are used from wands, among other things; each one is beautifully crafted, shaped in various alien runes.

What they are: They are what Azarune uses in place of wands; I hope to make them what floats around him, to have a hint of 40k feel to it. But they are in no way have any powers from that universe; it is just how he honors his people and their traditions.

What they do: All what a wand does, they focus the mana around him, but if he loses touch with them (IE: Switches to a bow, or wand is dropped) the connection is lost and it drains him of mana. He has multiple runes, one for each type of magic, and multiples of that type representing the amount of charges he has. As he improves in power and knowledge of different spells, he will just make runes that would be suitable for the corresponding spell.

Also note, these runes are can be destroyed, so if someone thought “Boy I sure want to make that elf stop using magic” all they have to do is just do enough damage to destroy the runes, which I would guess be if the wand I am currently using looses all durability. Or any RP pose fighting that has the runes being destroyed.

Now all of these are just the names of the Runes, so if anything it is just the spells renamed to give it a fluffier feel.

Runes of the Shattering Tempest: These runes are activated when Azarune charges for the spell thunder, they would look like orbs floating around his body. When released the lightning bolt bursts from his finger tips, while the subsequent strikes are casted from the runes themselves.

The Loving Touch of Isha: If anything they are just Heal, looks the same as above. Being used they place themselves in Aza’s hand and he gently places it on the wound.

Runes of the Flaring Stars : Firebolt. When used, it looks just like the animation of a normal firebolt.

The Gaze of Morai-Heg: Icebolt. Same animation like normal Icebolt (My creativity dried up here Very Happy)

When the runes are inactive they are in numerous pockets in Aza’s outfit, when channeling they just float out and are ready.

Azarune
Azarune
Kandy Korn Ogre
Kandy Korn Ogre

Back to top Go down

Azarune's  Runes... Empty Re: Azarune's Runes...

Post  Dellinger Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:56 pm

Pausing this as Aza attempts to rework the idea.
Might be blue-boxed in the future.
Dellinger
Dellinger
Dragon
Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Honeko Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:12 am

Moving to blue box for now.
Honeko
Honeko
Gummy Sandworm
Gummy Sandworm

http://jaeeleutheria.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Azarune Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:35 pm

Very well.
Azarune
Azarune
Kandy Korn Ogre
Kandy Korn Ogre

Back to top Go down

Post  Kayeori Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:55 am

Just to note that this doesn't mean you can not continue to work the powers in a workable or game friendly fashion. I'm just letting you know Aza in case that's what you thought. Just post in here again when you have something fresh to post ok? Very Happy
Kayeori
Kayeori
Dessert Dragon
Dessert Dragon

http://www.tumblr.com/blog/v0te4pi3

Back to top Go down

Post  Dellinger Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:42 am

As Kaye said with this addition: We need less clutter, and it was just sitting there. We can't let it get moldy. =D
Dellinger
Dellinger
Dragon
Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum